New Around The League Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

Man that sucks for the NHL, and most importantly Makar.  Maybe they sit him the rest of the year, simply for precautionary reasons.

42 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Man that sucks for the NHL, and most importantly Makar.  Maybe they sit him the rest of the year, simply for precautionary reasons.

I'm dealing with some head issues now and the top theory from Dr's is that it is hockey related. I haven't seen a neurologist yet so no idea where I am on the spectrum of injury but I've got to imagine it's no where close to what guys in pro sports deal with and if this is a mild I really can't imagine what they go through.

https://pittsburghhockeynow.com/pittsburgh-penguins-trade-talk-jeff-petry-available/

I'll repeat what I said when the Pens acquired Petry/Rutta to replace Marino. What the eff is Ron Hextall thinking? He is building a reputation of destroying a team defense corps with a few simple moves.

I get that selling Petry can help bring I'm another Dman, but I can't imagine that many teams are interested in helping the Pens with the fact that Petry is overpaid. 

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Weekes must be have bugged a 2023-24 scheduling meeting. You know it’ll be the Rags and ESPN will act like we aren’t even in the game but hey maybe we can finally get that black jersey we were looking for?

If there is an outdoor game in New Jersey that doesn’t include the devils I’ll probably stop watching the sport. That would be absolutely absurd. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fansinz88 said:

If there is an outdoor game in New Jersey that doesn’t include the devils I’ll probably stop watching the sport. That would be absolutely absurd. 

Yeah “could” involve the Devils is pretty messed up now that I re-read it. But I don’t put anything past this league when it comes to an excuse to showcase one of there 7-8 favorite teams 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Yeah “could” involve the Devils is pretty messed up now that I re-read it. But I don’t put anything past this league when it comes to an excuse to showcase one of there 7-8 favorite teams 

COULD involve the NEW JERSEY Devils and them not be in it. Would be a disgrace. It will be the rangers and islanders or rangers and penguins. Some bvllsh1t like that. 

On 2/21/2023 at 3:32 PM, NJDevils1214 said:

Bad news for Colorado, and for everyone who likes to watch Makar play, he's got another concussion.

I hope they shut him down for the rest of the season and let his brain fully recover. He’s too much of a special player that it would be a shame if his brain got scrambled again. It would pretty much derail a HOF career.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

When Friedman retweets something I tend to believe it, honestly.

I didn't know about that article or that he re-tweet it. I only saw the Kaplan article and I didn't see Friedman say anything in the 32 Thoughts update he published earlier today about the Rags and Kane specifically.

• Like 1