New Around The League Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

They're really going all in this year.

Fitz has to be feeling the heat to get his moves done. 

Not like we haven't seen them do this before and still not win anything. I still don't like it, just like everyone else. Kane had 2 more goals tonight.

EDIT: Maybe Fitz pivots and goes after Kane. He doesn't want to do a pure rental but maybe he can put a better deal on the table and an easier one since he wouldn't need another team to retain salary. Kane might only want to do NYR tho since that is how it looks.

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

They're really going all in this year.

Fitz has to be feeling the heat to get his moves done. 

One thing to remember about this season as that as much as we’d like to see a huge move out of Fitz (me included), this year was never supposed to be a “Cup or bust” kind of season.  The Devils are probably another couple of seasons away from being THAT kind of team.

Do I think renting a 34-year-old Kane and giving up costly assets to do it makes sense right now?  Honestly, for the 2022-23 Devils, probably not.  I’m still interested in Meier if the Devils can sign him long-term of course.  And in a guy like Henrique, who would be here another year and who shouldn’t be too costly to acquire.  But I’m passing on any rental “all in” moves for now.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

One thing to remember about this season as that as much as we’d like to see a huge move out of Fitz (me included), this year was never supposed to be a “Cup or bust” kind of season.  The Devils are probably another couple of seasons away from being THAT kind of team.

Do I think renting a 34-year-old Kane and giving up costly assets to do it makes sense right now?  Honestly, for the 2022-23 Devils, probably not.  I’m still interested in Meier if the Devils can sign him long-term of course.  And in a guy like Henrique, who would be here another year and who shouldn’t be too costly to acquire.  But I’m passing on any rental “all in” moves for now.

I agree, we want this season to become the new normal for the team and not be an anomaly like 2017-2018 was

Kane is an awesome talent, no question, but he's for a team contending right now. We're close, and no question he'd help right this second, but would he still be here when the core really reaches maturity (to include Luke and/or Nemec)

The Rangers are going to to Ranger things, find all the shiny toys and hope that putting enough firepower will help them overcome anything. Devils HAVE to be patient, the window is opening, for as much suffering we as fans have done, they finally have done it the right way. Let the Rangers mortgage their expedient rebuild and set themselves back. Our place in the hierarchy will soon be at the top again.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Absolutely agree w this sentiment. The ONLY thing I would say in counter of that is this:  We are likely playing the fvcking rags in the first round. Even though we aren’t in win now mode, we absolutely cannot lose that series. We need reinforcements and cannot watch while they load up at the deadline.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

Absolutely agree w this sentiment. The ONLY thing I would say in counter of that is this:  We are likely playing the fvcking rags in the first round. Even though we aren’t in win now mode, we absolutely cannot lose that series. We need reinforcements and cannot watch while they load up at the deadline.

I think Fitz will make one or two “happy medium” moves.  Basically if he can’t get Timo here and signed to an extension, he’ll find a couple of short-term helpers who won’t cost too much in assets to acquire.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think Fitz will make one or two “happy medium” moves.  Basically if he can’t get Timo here and signed to an extension, he’ll find a couple of short-term helpers who won’t cost too much in assets to acquire.  

I know he’s on IR but NRD speculates Monahan will be moved by MTL at some point. I personally wanted us to draft him whenever the hell he was actually eligible. Has a big cap hit though, and expiring

1 minute ago, Jerrydevil said:

MSG is awfully quiet tonight!

No points for the kid line tonight in their 4-1 loss. You just hate to see it. 

And man are the Wings rolling all of a sudden. I didn’t really see them as playoff team this season, but they’re making a push. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

And man are the Wings rolling all of a sudden. I didn’t really see them as playoff team this season, but they’re making a push. 

It looks like it will be a dogfight for the wild card spots and Detroit has joined that fight. Big win for Buffalo tonight also.

16 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Gotta love that the 18OA pick in the 2020 draft has as many points in FIFTY-TWO LESS GAMES than the guy that the Rangers selected 1OA heh heh.

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Sold, I second this

• Like 2

I disagree because it's easier to tell the exact moment that a puck crosses a line than when the puck leaves a player's stick.  The author of that article completely fails to acknowledge this and gives two examples where it's clear that the puck left the stick before the buzzer but just didn't cross the line in time.  Also his point seems to be about buzzer beaters being taken away because the shot was a split second too late, but the same thing would happen if they changed the rule--someone could take a shot right at the buzzer but the moment the puck leaves his stick could be after the buzzer started sounding.  This would also result in a lot of lengthy reviews because of how nearly impossible it is to tell the exact moment the puck is no longer in contact with the stick.  At least with the current rule, you have a camera always giving you a directly overhead view of the line.  The rule is what it is because it's black and white, it's relatively easy to tell if it's a goal or not and the basketball rule would be damned near impossible to call accurately in the NHL.  Not because Bettman is "sleeping on the job" and "hates fun."

Edited by devilsfan26
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Yeah that line has really quieted down lately...their last five GP:

Kakko:  0 G, 1 A, -2 (2 G in his last 23 GP) 

Chytil:  0 G, 2 A, -4

Lafreniere:  2 G, 0 A, -3 

Would love to hear how Ranger fans honestly feel about Kakko and Lafreniere at this point in their careers.  Yeah they're a little more productive this season (about a 0.5 PPG for each, which is a quantum leap for both)...but they've COMBINED for 15 points less than Jack has by himself this year...and Jack's played in 3 less games than Lafreniere and 4 less games than Kakko.  This is a former 1OA and 2OA pick we're talking about, one of whom has over 200 games under his best, and the other who is rapidly coming up on that number...that is just...not good.  Even with the marginal improvement this season.

I'll never not enjoy bringing that sh!t up because I remember Steve "10 goals against" Valiquette and the idiot Ranger fanbase acting like getting to select PWM was somehow some major fvcking win.  fvck 'em.  ALL of 'em!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

Knight is now the third player to enter the program, i think.

On one hand, I feel for the players for having to do this, but on the other I think it’s good they’re making it public that it’s okay for these guys to say they need help too. No one is beyond needing it

• Like 4