2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Who is the color commentator for this game?!

Guy got the rat lore wrong: it wasn’t beezer taking care of the rat that created the tradition

Think that is the Flyers guy from the Comcast group or NBC Philadelphia or whatever.

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Can we please get rid of the blowhard and first then let the cats lose?

Are you asking my permission?

6 hours ago, Nicomo said:

DeBoer just keeps winning in the playoffs no matter where he is. 

Well while we’re still alive in the post season, I hope he doesn’t get to his ultimate prize 

But it is crazy that odds are this Dallas team will be in the cup final based upon recent first year PDB boost (66% rate - Us and sharks, missed with Vegas, not counting Florida)

27 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

He's just a solid coach who always ends up with a good team built before he arrives. Our 2012 cup run was a blast with him.

My largest axe to grind with him was preferring Harrold so much that he would dress 7 defenders like Harrold was another Burns/Byufgulen

10 hours ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

So if we move on we’ll play the canes, that will be another dog fight. Let’s go panthers 

I don’t want this to seem argumentative; I’m asking a legitimate question so I can understand.

Why is this comment ok, while the question I asked yesterday was not? 
I’m not superstitious, but I genuinely don’t want to step on the toes of anyone who is.

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, Brick Pig said:

I don’t want this to seem argumentative; I’m asking a legitimate question so I can understand.

I’m not superstitious, but I genuinely don’t want to step on the toes of anyone who is.

Thanks.

If I remember correctly, you didn’t use the word “IF” at the beginning.   Yours read like finishing off the Rangers was already a done deal.   

25 minutes ago, Brick Pig said:

Thanks.

Not sure what your comment is, but also not sure how what I said would’ve been anywhere near superstition, going against superstition or insinuating anything at all?

40 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

If I remember correctly, you didn’t use the word “IF” at the beginning.   Yours read like finishing off the Rangers was already a done deal.   

Ok, I remember the word in question. Although I would not interpret it that way, I get your meaning. Will refrain from that in the future. Thanks. 

34 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Not sure what your comment is, but also not sure how what I said would’ve been anywhere near superstition, going against superstition or insinuating anything at all?

I would have said the same thing about my post, too, if I had not gotten called out on it. 

I apologize to all. Thanks for your explanation and understanding. 

14 minutes ago, Brick Pig said:

Ok, I remember the word in question. Although I would not interpret it that way, I get your meaning. Will refrain from that in the future. Thanks. 

I would have said the same thing about my post, too, if I had not gotten called out on it. 

I apologize to all. Thanks for your explanation and understanding. 

fvck that, this is a forum board, post whatever the hell you want, hopefully it’s not negative 

• Like 1

Ullmark now has an .888 save% in eight career playoff games.  HUUUUUUUGE start for him tomorrow…hard to think he won’t get tagged with the “Can’t win the big ones” label if he doesn’t turn in a good performance.

29 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

fvck that, this is a forum board, post whatever the hell you want, hopefully it’s not negative 

Hahahaha. Thanks, but I think it’s possible for me to post “whatever the hell” I want and also be considerate of other people’s sensibilities at the same time. It’s all good….

31 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Ullmark now has an .888 save% in eight career playoff games.  HUUUUUUUGE start for him tomorrow…hard to think he won’t get tagged with the “Can’t win the big ones” label if he doesn’t turn in a good performance.

If the Bruins lose game 7 on home ice to Florida after leading 3-1 in the series- and after the regular season they had- it is an unmitigated disaster. There’s no other way to say it. All the pressure is on Boston tomorrow night. 

• Like 2

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

If the Bruins lose game 7 on home ice to Florida after leading 3-1 in the series- and after the regular season they had- it is an unmitigated disaster. There’s no other way to say it. All the pressure is on Boston tomorrow night. 

You’re 100 percent right, they just can’t lose to this Florida team in Round 1. Disaster looms.

• Like 1