GDT: 4/27/2023 Game 5 - Blowshirts @ Devils 7:30 pm Screw the blue

Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Let's give a round of applause for Schmid. What an amazing three games.

His playoffs performance is getting me closer to agreeing that Blackwood should be jettisoned into the ether. He pulls off another playoff shutout and I'm there. 

A masterclass in playoff hockey.  Strike early.  Impose your will.  Sound positioning. Strong forecheck.  Relentless attack.  Puck containment.  Bra-fvcking-vo to the team, and the coaching staff.  And of course, our exceptional goalie.  

What do you say after a performance like that?  

ENCORE!

On to Game 6 and let's finish what we started.  Four in a row and make those losers fill their building with tears!!!

• EvilHeart 2

1 minute ago, WaffleFries said:

I can not believe how good Nico has been. His game has translated to the playoffs in an incredible way.

Love his patience and tenacity.  More than anything else, he is a ridiculously smart hockey player.  That skate kick before the empty net goal was pure brilliance.

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Bahl stepping up is incredible... think about what this defense looked like just a few years ago and now we're talking about having 3 possible great players ready to step in and having to let guys like Severson and Graves walk because of it. Insane.

Oh, I think even the worst GM's are looking at Severson on the 3rd pairing and just salivating. 

I think Severson would be great in Winnipeg or Seattle. 

Setting that aside, I hope he continues to play well.  

• Like 1