GDT: 4/27/2023 Game 5 - Blowshirts @ Devils 7:30 pm Screw the blue

Colorado Rockies 1976

Just heard Gomer make the comparison of Haula to John Madden. 

Hmm....

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Just got home.  One of the most satisfying home playoff games that I have ever attended.  Watching the Ranger fans saunter out of their seats at 4-0…fvck ‘em, every last one of them.  Man of course I was hopeful and I never revised my Devils winning in six prediction, but if anyone had told me that this team would flip the narrative THIS convincingly and abruptly, I wouldn’t have believed it.  The Rangers had NO answers tonight.  None!

That being said…still hard work to be done.  Ranger fans (and maybe even the team itself) sure seemed to think this was sewn up at 2-0.  The Devils don’t have it wrapped up at 3-2.  But very much loving their chances.

L G M F Deviiiiiiiiiiiiils!!!

Glad to hear you had a great time. THAT is what makes worth every dime I'm sure. 

• Like 3
  • EvilHeart 2

1 minute ago, RizzMB30 said:

Just heard Gomer make the comparison of Haula to John Madden. 

Hmm....

Glad to hear you had a great time. THAT is what makes worth every dime I'm sure. 

We did!  Game 5 absolutely made up for Games 1 and 2.  

• EvilHeart 2

Had so much fun that I didn't have my phone out once during the game to browse here, absolutely love the fire in this team. Absolutely fantastic home game that our fans deserved. Wrap this sh!t up on Saturday cause I can only take so much stress. 

Love you Palat, I know I've been asking for awhile to get one for us, thank you, thank you, thank you! 

LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

• Like 3
  • EvilHeart 1

1 hour ago, RizzMB30 said:

Dude, watch the games. 

Same goes for @StarDew

Don't miss this stuff for the sake of luck please. Luck be damned, join us. 

The board can bury me if I'm wrong. 

I'm with you, life is short, watch the games, we've had so few this past decade that you should be enjoying the roller coaster that is the playoffs. 

I know some of you lot are superstitious but I've never bought into that stuff and I still don't. We aren't that important. 

I am so happy with how things have turned so suddenly in this series.  Watching all the laughing, taunting and smiles by Rangers players for the first two games, as if, they had this in the bag.  I hope Kreider remembers his stupid face early in game 5 taunting the Devils as crybabies.

A win on Saturday will prove that not only skill and talent is needed to win in the playoffs, but character and heart are the intangibles that propel a team to glory!

A win on Saturday will prove that physicality is not only making hits, but absorbing those hits.

A win on Saturday will be one of the greatest chokes by an organization that believes star power wins championships.

You can do it!  Now you are in their heads.  Play your game, stay cool and disciplined.

• Like 2
  • EvilHeart 2

Can’t find the tweet now but Palat was letting the team know they need to keep doing what they’re doing because the elimination games can be the hardest. His and Haulas experience are going to be even more important in game 6 and hopefully we don’t have to worry about a game 7. 

• Like 5
  • EvilHeart 2

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Just got home.  One of the most satisfying home playoff games that I have ever attended.  Watching the Ranger fans saunter out of their seats at 4-0…fvck ‘em, every last one of them.  Man of course I was hopeful and I never revised my Devils winning in six prediction, but if anyone had told me that this team would flip the narrative THIS convincingly and abruptly, I wouldn’t have believed it.  The Rangers had NO answers tonight.  None!

That being said…still hard work to be done.  Ranger fans (and maybe even the team itself) sure seemed to think this was sewn up at 2-0.  The Devils don’t have it wrapped up at 3-2.  But very much loving their chances.

L G M F Deviiiiiiiiiiiiils!!!

Your daughter have a blast? What a game for her to experience!

6 hours ago, Lateralous said:

I can’t believe that one shift for Kevin Bahl.   He destroyed everything in his path.   The Taylor Hall trade looks better every day 

I wish there is a video of it somewhere... 

• Like 1

Dear NJ Devils,

You played very well last night and I'm proud of you all.  If you keep this up, all of your dreams will come true, whether your dream is a Stanley Cup championship or the one involving the whipped cream and naked supermodels.

Kisses,

NJCroMag

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, devlman said:

So thankful for that performance and giving the fans a playoff game to really enjoy. And to shut up any blue in the arena was icing on the cake. We played excellent hockey even with Bratt looking very off. Kevin Bahl AGAIN played like a beast.

Atmosphere LOOKED tremendous, it’s too bad ESPN’s terrible broadcast barely mic’d the crowd.

I’m legitimately asking this question: have you tried switching up your audio settings on your TV? Like for example the default on my Vizio was “balanced” but it made the announcers drop out every time the puck hit a stick. Or watching a TV show the audio came in waves.

I’m riding the espn feeds as well and the crowd was buzzing significantly on my feed.

12 hours ago, Lateralous said:

We can complain about tactics and lineup decisions all day long, but the development of almost every young player on this roster minus Holtz under Ruff this season has been staggering  

When it comes to development, I still think the insane amount of young talent was going to find a way to blossom...but like I said in other posts, I think Ruff definitely has a nurturing side that helped at times for sure.

BUT, it's the bolded that is shutting his critics (I've obviously been one of the more vocal) right the fvck up.  He's made key personnel decisions AND adjusted quite well to a Ranger gameplan that looked scary effective in those dual 5-1 losses.  Not only have the Rangers not been able to do much of ANYTHING over the past three games, the Devils seem to be getting even BETTER at completely stifling everything that the Rangers are trying to do.  That third period was as men-against-boys as it gets (though it was technically boys-against-men, heh heh), even if the Devils only managed the one empty-netter in that period.  They're playing like they know what the Rangers are going to before the RANGERS do.  There was a solid article in the NYP about all of the homework Lindy and his assistants did after those two brutal defeats, and man has that hard work paid off.  Lindy deserves a ton of credit for what he's been able to do in helping to turn this series around so drastically.

Some other random notes:

I've barely noticed Lazar since he came into the lineup for Wood...and that's exactly the fvcking point.  Fair to say that he doesn't get much TOI (though Wood wasn't either in this series), but more importantly, he brings NONE of the stupid that Wood did.  Wood is definitely the more physically gifted player, but that means nothing when there's no hockey IQ whatsoever to go with it.  Best of luck in future endeavors Miles...you brought some fun moments, but you can go be a big dumb animal somewhere else.

Bahl is willing himself into being a gritty regular; "from within" solutions are always ideal.  Smith as the cheap #7 that he was signed to be is tolerable.  A defensive corp of Hamilton, Siegs, Marino, Luke, Nemec, and Bahl?!  That's really friggin' good, and as Luke and Nemec settle in (and Bahl continues to develop), just...goddamn does the future look bright as fvck.

Schmid...wow.  Who knows how his story unfolds, but this is a hell of an introduction. 

On to Game 6!  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 5
  • EvilHeart 1

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

I’m legitimately asking this question: have you tried switching up your audio settings on your TV? Like for example the default on my Vizio was “balanced” but it made the announcers drop out every time the puck hit a stick. Or watching a TV show the audio came in waves.

I’m riding the espn feeds as well and the crowd was buzzing significantly on my feed.

To add to this, @devlman do you have a surround sound system? It makes a huge difference in terms of sounding like you're there vs just the regular speakers from the TV. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

To add to this, @devlman do you have a surround sound system? It makes a huge difference in terms of sounding like you're there vs just the regular speakers from the TV. 

I even have just a sound bar and it makes a big difference. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

Settings are on point. The MSG feed, which is usually low with crowd noise, for me came through louder. Even watching highlights on YouTube on my phone you can tell ESPN’s audio engineering was off. But I’ll double check on settings.

• Like 1