2023-2024 Around The League thread

MadDog2020

36 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Hartford had an awesome scheme, from the logo to the colors, outright awesome

HOWEVER, I'm perfectly fine with not honoring our Wonder Bread/Burger King/Pick your red/yellow/blue analogy years anymore. Last year was enough, @Satans Hockey tracks their record uch better than I do but i felt like we did well in the them last season, making my displeasure for them less.

Know that second sentance isn't a narrative you were going for, just piling on the "please don't go back to the KC/Colorado well again when giving us something nice...

As much as I hate the KC/Colorado colors I'd be so much more irritated if we wore their logo like Carolina uses the Hartford logo. 

It's just a cash grab for people who miss the Whalers but personally if the Devils ever moved I'd never buy another single new item if wherever they moved wore Devils stuff like Carolina has been doing. 

Color wise the Hartford soccer team that plays in the USL(second highest tier league, right below MLS) uses the colors and has a nice logo... 

1200px-Hartford_Athletic_logo.svg.png

Edited by Satans Hockey

57 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Hartford had an awesome scheme, from the logo to the colors, outright awesome

HOWEVER, I'm perfectly fine with not honoring our Wonder Bread/Burger King/Pick your red/yellow/blue analogy years anymore. Last year was enough, @Satans Hockey tracks their record uch better than I do but i felt like we did well in the them last season, making my displeasure for them less.

Know that second sentance isn't a narrative you were going for, just piling on the "please don't go back to the KC/Colorado well again when giving us something nice...

Yeah I'm with you, no more KC/Colorado homages please...the fact is that very few Devils fans care about any of that.  BUT, it is very fair to point out that I see a LOT of fans wearing the RR 2.0s to games...so even if most fans are indifferent when it comes to acknowledging the franchises prior stops, the color scheme certainly didn't scare everyone off.

I'm to the point where I really just want the old red and blacks back...they were great as is and they would still hold up if they were exhumed...I'm really hoping that this happens, with the Fanatics reboots.  And that we can look back on the Adidas era jerseys as a temporary misstep.    

• Like 2

Question for everyone here on the board, 

If the Devils start the season 2-7-2, is Lindy Ruff still here? I was listening to SDP talk about the new coach in EDM and they showed a picture of the President not looking super happy. Thinking that they kind of knew that Woodcroft wasn't the issue in EDM, but took the blame. I don't think Fitz could pull the trigger if the Devils had EDM's record. 

10 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Question for everyone here on the board, 

If the Devils start the season 2-7-2, is Lindy Ruff still here? I was listening to SDP talk about the new coach in EDM and they showed a picture of the President not looking super happy. Thinking that they kind of knew that Woodcroft wasn't the issue in EDM, but took the blame. I don't think Fitz could pull the trigger if the Devils had EDM's record. 

It would depend on how they got to 2-7-2.

If it was due to the team being hurt by even more injuries than it currently is, then it would be hard to get on Lindy too much for it.

If the team isn't banged up and healthy, even if you factor in the level of talent here (and the raised expectations that come with it), I don't think Lindy would get canned this early (Fitz has always seemed to have his back), but maybe his seat might start to get warm.  Gotta consider that Lindy also just signed an extension, so I'm guessing Fitz would only make a coaching change as a last resort...and even then, hard to tell who he'd replace him with.  Travis Green?  

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

I am so goddamn sick of Hockey Canada and the way this thing has been handled.

and while we’re at it, fvck the Blackhawks too

I am not surprised, but I'm also really not all that interested in this investigation. I am more interested in hearing what the police investigation has to say.

4 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

This. Don’t overthink it. 3 on 3 is already exciting. Just need to make it longer.

So the NHL will do what it always does: ignore the obvious solution that everyone wants, and saddle us with some stupid bullsh!t that no one wants, while telling us all how much we want it. 

• Angry 1

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

So the NHL will do what it always does: ignore the obvious solution that everyone wants, and saddle us with some stupid bullsh!t that no one wants, while telling us all how much we want it. 

Believe it or not, I've seen a lot of people supporting a rule like not allowing teams to leave the zone once they cross the blue line into their Ozone.

This is obviously to create more parity in OT because old, slow, or defensive minded teams are not as good at maintaining possession.