2023-2024 Around The League thread

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Off the top of my head, Lindy just recently said the game against the Red Wings a couple weeks ago was the worst he’s seen as the Devils coach. 

Yes, you’re right, as he did say that.  However, I don’t know that stating the obvious necessarily counts as ripping the team.

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Lindy also said the defense played fine in the Winnipeg game. Idk what he's like behind closed doors, obviously, but I really feel like a Brind'Amour or Torts is what this team needs. A real kick in their ass and no more of this soft hand sh!t.

I wasn't defending Lindy (I absolutely maintain that he's no longer the right guy for this team), more just letting ButlerBulldog know that Lindy has ripped his team publicly before.  He was saying that he couldn't remember it ever having happened.

Yeah Lindy does say his share of "Does he actually believe what he's saying?!" crap, and it can be really maddening when he does, but most coaches will spout something that feels very off-base at some point.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I wasn't defending Lindy (I absolutely maintain that he's no longer the right guy for this team), more just letting ButlerBulldog know that Lindy has ripped his team publicly before.  He was saying that he couldn't remember it ever having happened.

Yeah Lindy does say his share of "Does he actually believe what he's saying?!" crap, and it can be really maddening when he does, but most coaches will spout something that feels very off-base at some point.

Sorry if it sounded like I thought you were. That wasn't what I had intended. More just continuing the conversation, and that Lindy's version of ripping the team is still soft.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Sharks dropped another 6 spot tonight. Zetterlund with a goal and an assist.   Red Wings led this game 4-0.   

So not only did they lose against the Sharks,but they allowed them to score six goal? What a pathetic team that must be!

• Haha 1

Wrong thread

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

32 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Pretty crazy what the Sharks have done lately - started 0-10, now they're 8-17-2 and just beat us, the Isles, and the Wings. Maybe they're not so bad after all. 

Apparently Grier came down and read them the riot act. I guess it woke them up.

• Like 1

Just now, RizzMB30 said:

Anybody see what happened to Wohl? It looked pretty bad and he had to be helped off the ice. Right when he was starting to get hot for TOR. 

I just saw that.  It sounds like he’ll be out a while, which means the Leafs will have goaltending needs of their own.

31 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Anybody see what happened to Wohl? It looked pretty bad and he had to be helped off the ice. Right when he was starting to get hot for TOR. 

I was watching that game when it happened. It looked like a hip flexor. Keefe said he’s gonna miss time. 

• Sad 1

Congrats to local kid Marc Johnstone of Cranford making his NHL debut last night with Pittsburgh. Pretty unusual path there--went undrafted, didn't even make the USHL until 19, played four years at Sacred Heart, then spent some time in the ECHL and AHL until getting his shot last night at age 27.

• Like 3