GDT: Devils vs Buffalo Fruity Drink Accessories - 25 Nov @ 7p

jagknife

Enough of this limp —k efforts.

Enough acting like the damn talent will help them alone. Even Jacks passing has suddenly become lost, so many passes into skates or just  beat off the last two games, it’s weird to see.

Enough Brendan Smith (I STILL cannot believe he’s being forced into the lineup. Lindy’s fatal attraction to him is criminal at this point)

Enough of the brain dead defensive lapses. If you scratch Dougie, I get I may lose out on my point above, so pick your poison, Lindy, but you cannot play both today.

Give Schmid the damn net again since he can mostly stop pucks again as of yesterday. I’ll take 2 goals against any day over the trash VV has been giving us.

and for f’s sake, put the seat warmers on the coaches, or at least check them for functional brains.

LFGD

(oh and screw having 4x back to backs in the first two months of the season. The NHL schedule making machine needs to be updated from 1972 already)

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, HughesCorporation said:

I'll watch the pre-game show and if there arent any changes for todays game I'll watch a movie or something else...I've lost faith in Lindy and I'm losing faith in Fitz, sorry for the doom and gloom...

Based on the roster that he had a big hand in putting together (and that we couldn’t be more excited about coming into the season), not sure how anyone could be losing faith in Fitz at the moment.

BUT, now he needs to show that when his team very clearly needs some kind of in-season shakeup, that he’s both willing to acknowledge it AND do something about it.  Lindy Quo ain’t gonna cut it.

L G M F D!!!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Based on the roster that he had a big hand in putting together (and that we couldn’t be more excited about coming into the season), not sure how anyone could be losing faith in Fitz at the moment.

BUT, now he needs to show that when his team very clearly needs some kind of in-season shakeup, that he’s both willing to acknowledge it AND do something about it.  Lindy Quo ain’t gonna cut it.

L G M F D!!!

I'm not the most patient person in the world, when I see the same thing game after game I start losing interest, I watched this happen under Hynes/Shero  and really became disinterested in hockey, I just didnt enjoy it. Of course after last season I was excited for this season, but we have already dug ourselves a deep hole to climb out of, I'd like to see some more urgency from the team/coaching/management. Talk is cheap lets see some improvement, we're 12 points beneath the Rags for crying out loud! and 1 point ahead of the basement dwelling Blue Jackets, somebody give me a reason to be optimistic! 

• Like 1

As an aside, I've been trying to drink less beer lately just to generally try to feel a little healthier.  I've been so busy with work and the kid having every sickness you could possibly get from pre-school in the last month or two, that outside of one moderately paced hockey game a week, I barely get any chance to exercise anymore.  Unfortunately, this feels like we've sunk to before Game 3 against the Rangers where I consciously decided that I could not watch another game of THAT sober.    For that one, I literally had to stand 3 feet from my big screen to see the action in overtime because I didn't properly pace myself for the extended time.     

A Saturday night game after watching what what we saw against the Wings and BJs, I think we're at that point again, lol. 

LGD!  Please don't make me the angry drunk whispering obscenities at the living room TV so I don't wake up the rest of the house again tonight...and Lindy, please reward Akira with the start again today.       

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

As an aside, I've been trying to drink less beer lately just to generally try to feel a little healthier.  I've been so busy with work and the kid having every sickness you could possibly get from pre-school in the last month or two, that outside of one moderately paced hockey game a week, I barely get any chance to exercise anymore.  Unfortunately, this feels like we've sunk to before Game 3 against the Rangers where I consciously decided that I could not watch another game of THAT sober.    For that one, I literally had to stand 3 feet from my big screen to see the action in overtime because I didn't properly pace myself.     

A Saturday night game after watching what what we saw against the Wings and BJs, I think we're at that point again, lol. 

LGD!  Please don't make me the angry drunk whispering obscenities at the living room TV so I don't wake up the rest of the house tonight...and Lindy, please reward Akira with the start again today.       

the Devils play this year has already made me switch to whiskey, bad teams and play are amplified when drinking whiskey lol !!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, jagknife said:

Give Schmid the damn net again since he can mostly stop pucks again as of yesterday. I’ll take 2 goals against any day over the trash VV has been giving us.

I wish Ruff would go right back to Schmid but I seriously doubt he will. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Lindy would say something along the lines of we have to play good defense no matter who is in net. Plus the back to back. I think Schmid earned next game at least. I'm just hoping for another low scoring game. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I have no faith in Vanecek. I hate this bubble wrapping of goalies. You’re telling me a professional NHL goalie, 23 years old, who didn’t have a lot of work last night, can’t play back to back? This is a MUST win. There is no tomorrow. Play Schmid. Vanecek is asking for us to have to score 5 today. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, devlman said:

I have no faith in Vanecek. I hate this bubble wrapping of goalies. You’re telling me a professional NHL goalie, 23 years old, who didn’t have a lot of work last night, can’t play back to back? This is a MUST win. There is no tomorrow. Play Schmid. Vanecek is asking for us to have to score 5 today. 

Yeah, it's fvcking stupid nonsense.  I could understand not playing him for ALL of your back-to-backs throughout the season, but anyone, especially a young guy, is capable of playing some every now and then.  Hell, even I've played in iron man tournaments in the past when I played two or three full games in one day, and several games over a weekend.  I've even played a couple games without a single substitution. fvcking brutal, but you do what you have to. 

Beyond all that, how about you give your goalie a chance to get a little fvcking rhythm, huh? Neither guy is gonna have a chance to get on a hot streak if they're constantly getting yanked every other night, like a yo-yo.  Does Ruff actually ask these guys if they want to and are ok to start a back to back? Or does he just make blind assumptions?  I have to believe either guy, Schmid or VV, if you ask either one, they would say they want to be out there. 

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah, it's fvcking stupid nonsense.  I could understand not playing him for ALL of your back-to-backs throughout the season, but anyone, especially a young guy, is capable of playing some every now and then.  Hell, even I've played in iron man tournaments in the past when I played two or three full games in one day, and several games over a weekend.  I've even played a couple games without a single substitution. fvcking brutal, but you do what you have to. 

Beyond all that, how about you give your goalie a chance to get a little fvcking rhythm, huh? Neither guy is gonna have a chance to get on a hot streak if they're constantly getting yanked every other night, like a yo-yo.  Does Ruff actually ask these guys if they want to and are ok to start a back to back? Or does he just make blind assumptions?  I have to believe either guy, Schmid or VV, if you ask either one, they would say they want to be out there. 

Lindy refuses to do that with any of his lines, if he treated his goalies any different I think his brain would break.

Yep, I'm back to being severely over a dinosaur whose methods horrendously dated.

• Like 1

I'm watching the rag-bruins game and just can't help comparing with Devils. I hate one team and dislike the other, but I have to give credit where crdit is due. It's 3-2 rags after the first. Bruins never lost composure despite the slow start. Rag special teams are well-oiled machines. Obviously, there are mistakes, but they look rather unusual than typical. 

A hockey professional can describe "playing better" in many different ways. I can't. These two teams are simply playing better than us and so did at least 12 other teams we've played and even beaten. 

Go Devils. Beat Buffalo and start climbing out of this hole. 

As I'm finishing the post, bruins have tied the game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lateralous said:

As an aside, I've been trying to drink less beer lately just to generally try to feel a little healthier.  I've been so busy with work and the kid having every sickness you could possibly get from pre-school in the last month or two, that outside of one moderately paced hockey game a week, I barely get any chance to exercise anymore.  Unfortunately, this feels like we've sunk to before Game 3 against the Rangers where I consciously decided that I could not watch another game of THAT sober.    For that one, I literally had to stand 3 feet from my big screen to see the action in overtime because I didn't properly pace myself for the extended time.     

LGD!  Please don't make me the angry drunk whispering obscenities at the living room TV so I don't wake up the rest of the house again tonight...and Lindy, please reward Akira with the start again today.       

200.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Devs64 said:

I'm watching the rag-bruins game and just can't help comparing with Devils. I hate one team and dislike the other, but I have to give credit where crdit is due. It's 3-2 rags after the first. Bruins never lost composure despite the slow start. Rag special teams are well-oiled machines. Obviously, there are mistakes, but they look rather unusual than typical. 

A hockey professional can describe "playing better" in many different ways. I can't. These two teams are simply playing better than us and so did at least 12 other teams we've played and even beaten. 

Go Devils. Beat Buffalo and start climbing out of this hole. 

As I'm finishing the post, bruins have tied the game.

The Rags can go ahead and have the Presidents Trophy and the curse that comes with it. Fine with me.