official off topic thread

pumpkin cutter

I’m in CO at the moment so I missed this, but yeah, everyone in my work building in NJ thought a truck ran into the building.

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’m in CO at the moment so I missed this, but yeah, everyone in my work building in NJ thought a truck ran into the building.

It definitely felt different; I had a feeling it was an earthquake, but it was like WTF when my desk started shaking. We evacuated our building immediately. 

• Shocking 1

15 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Reminds me of one of my favorite memes from the last earthquake we felt in Philly in 2011.  Epicenter was in Virginia.   

Twitter uses #earthquake to mock Nature's wrath, you

Yeah I remember that one; we didn’t really feel anything in Jersey that time though. This was definitely next level. It legit scared me. 

Fine! Sat on a lawn chair in my back yard put on Pink Floyd Eclipse and watched.  Some cloud cover but they passed at the right time. (Little side note my dog wanted my daughter's attention so she nipped at my daughter.  Told her not only did she get to see the Eclipse, but also saw stars.)🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilMinder said:

How'd everyone do with eclipse?

20240408_152734.jpg

A little clearer where I was (Newark Airport, picking my wife up), but this is pretty much what I saw.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

22 hours ago, Nicomo said:

So hyped for this! I absolutely loved X and Pearl. 

If I absolutely hated X would I like Pearl? 

Also I think you're the one who liked Dune a lot but I gave it a second chance and really liked it, I think I just wasn't in the mood when I first started it. Saw the second in theaters and really enjoyed that one too. 

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

If I absolutely hated X would I like Pearl? 

Also I think you're the one who liked Dune a lot but I gave it a second chance and really liked it, I think I just wasn't in the mood when I first started it. Saw the second in theaters and really enjoyed that one too. 

Pearl is very different than X, so maybe? 

And yeah, that was me with Dune. The 2nd one really was something else on the big screen. 

We’re seeing Alex Garland’s Civil War this weekend. I like a lot of his movies, and I’ve heard this one is really intense. 

• Like 1