2/22/2024 GDT: Rangers @ Devils, 7 pm - Win or Else

Colorado Rockies 1976

This is the first game all season that I'm legitimately dreading watching.   The recent Calgary and Washington losses after big wins just sucked the life out of me.  The time to have made a change in net or behind the bench to try and save this season has long since passed.  Even if they win tonight, you know they'll just sh!t themselves on Saturday against Montreal, so it's kind of like "what's the point?"  

I can't get excited to watch Holtz "develop" in the 5 minutes of ice time he gets before inexplicably being benched.

I can't get excited to watch another full game of Timo Meier doing jack sh!t on his off wing 

I can't get excited about watching the goaltending blow up yet again 

I can't get excited about Brendan Smith leaving a guy wide open in the slot in the first minute with no repercussions.    

I can't get excited to watch Jack Hughes play on Haula's wing while Toffoli is two zones behind the entire game.   

I can't get excited to watch all night hoping Trouba doesn't kill one of our players, followed by no one doing a damn thing after one of our guys is inevitably laid out.     

Other than Saturday night's outdoor game, this season kinda just sucks.    

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

This is the first game all season that I'm legitimately dreading watching.   The recent Calgary and Washington losses after big wins just sucked the life out of me.  The time to have made a change in net or behind the bench to try and save this season has long since passed.  Even if they win tonight, you know they'll just sh!t themselves on Saturday against Montreal, so it's kind of like "what's the point?"  

I can't get excited to watch Holtz "develop" in the 5 minutes of ice time he gets before inexplicably being benched.

I can't get excited to watch another full game of Timo Meier doing jack sh!t on his off wing all game

I can't get excited about Brendan Smith leaving a guy wide open in the slot in the first minute with no repercussions.    

I can't get excited to watch Jack Hughes play on Haula's wing while Toffoli is two zones behind all night.   

I can't get excited to watch all night hoping Trouba doesn't kill one of our players, followed by no one doing a damn thing after one of our guys is inevitably laid out.     

I hear ya man.  I fully expect to be headed back upstairs earlier than 9 pm, resigned to the fact that the 2023-24 season is officially dead and buried, after having seen the Devils give up the first two goals, then score to make 2-1, then a bit of a surge, then suddenly two Ranger goals within a minute or two to make it 4-1 as the second period winds down.  And then camera cuts to Grumpy Cat Lindy staring straight ahead and not saying a peep to anyone.

Of course hoping that the above doesn't happen, but I can sure see it.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I can't get excited to watch another full game of Timo Meier doing jack sh!t on his off wing all game

I can't get excited to watch Jack Hughes play on Haula's wing while Toffoli is two zones behind all night.   

If I were coaching this team, I’d have Bahl hit Trouba before the latter had a chance to even hard-look Jack, Nico, or Bratt.  We know, however, that Lindy won’t do that, which has me concerned that one of our key guys is about to get leveled.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

This is the first game all season that I'm legitimately dreading watching.   The recent Calgary and Washington losses after big wins just sucked the life out of me

Same here. And like you said, even if they win tonight, they’ll lose Saturday to a horrible Montreal team. And Nero’s answer to that loss will be to activate Vanacek off of IR and send Poulter back down, because he has no real solution. I’ve given up on him firing the useless coach, we know that wouldn’t happen even if they lost every game left on the schedule 12-2.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

If I were coaching this team, I’d have Bahl hit Trouba before the latter had a chance to even hard-look Jack, Nico, or Bratt.  We know, however, that Lindy won’t do that, which has me concerned that one of our key guys is about to get leveled.

Bahl is a fvcking pu$$y anyway, another giant who plays like he’s 4’11. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good evening everyone. It's a pretty depressing thread. After the last game, I'm deflated myself, but I'm expecting a competitive game. Whatever Lindy does or doesn't do, I can't imagine the boys are not ready tonight. 

Let's go my Devils. I don't care about playoffs any more, but this game...I do care and I'll watch.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

It wouldn’t shock me in the least if the Devils won big tonight.

They won’t win BIG, if they do win I’m sure it’ll be like pulling teeth. But yeah a loss on Saturday is pretty much guaranteed no matter what. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Ah yeah the good old pussfication of America line because some people don't want to spend money and time traveling to deal with idiots yelling dumb sh!t or even trying to fight ya. Like it's really going to toughen people up hearing some drunk jerk off making dumb New Jersey jokes, not sure how these younger generations of fans are ever gonna make it if they don't deal with that nonsense lols. 

Games in Florida who barely have any fans as it is and Carolina and Tampa are just not comparable road games to places like Philly, MSG or even Boston. 

Also in terms of road game supporting sections there is absolutely nothing like celebrating your teams goal with other fans of your team and making more noise than an entire home teams stadium. I've met some people who I've become lifelong friends with because we stood next to each other randomly at a road game with nothing in common but supporting our team. It builds a great community and support by following your team on the road together as a fan base.

Ive always thought it was a missed opportunity to at least give something here a shot that the major 4 leagues don't do and it would create a different kind of atmosphere at games as well, something that certain regular season games could actually really use. Seeing a bunch of sections of red surrounded by that awful blue in MSG or orange in Philly would be awesome.

I mean.... I just completely disagree with almost all of that.  I absolutely think if you can tolerate some drunk idiot Ranger fan making a few stupid comments, that it'll make your life outside in the world a bit easier. I mean, do you get this triggered and upset by other people when you go to the grocery store and do your weekly food shopping?

Also, the perception you have of fans in other arenas like Florida, Carolina, and especially Tampa, is way off. Amalie arena is the second or third biggest arena in the league if memory serves me correct, and it's been sold out for about the past 10 plus years. Not only that, but it's about as big of a melting pot of an area as you could possibly imagine, so if there's ever an example of an arena that draws a ton of opposing fans, it's that one. 

1 hour ago, RizzMB30 said:

While I agree the "pussification" is kind of a real thing I don't see how that's connected to away team sections in an arena. Lol

You think the pussification of America is a real thing but you couldn't understand the comparison I was making? Lol 

The reason why I brought that up is because, as much as I love SH and think he's a great poster and contributor on this site, in this particular case I feel like everything he's mentioning is a classic example of people nowadays being offended by, or upset and triggered by, every little thing. Hence, 'pussification'. 

I mean, really, sitting next to a Ranger fan at a Devils home game bothers you that much? Just stay home then and watch it from your couch. Seriously. 

Anyway, I don't want to clog up this thread anymore. I'm not someone who has to get the last word in so I'll let you two gents chime in if you care to continue and I will read your messages and then I'll just leave it be. 

Let's Go Devils. 

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • EvilHeart 1

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Legit just under 1 grand for me for these 2 games, that price ok with you? 

No, that is obscene. They can get away with it because the average Ranger fan will only go to those 2 hockey games for the whole year, and will therefore shell out all their coke money to go to the Pru.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Just stay home then and watch it from your couch. Seriously. 

I am, I'm a playoffs only guy at this point when it comes to them. Not going otherwise, not at these prices. 

When I said Florida I meant the Panthers not, Tampa. Carolina is a bandwagon town, I've been there when that place is a ghost town, it's only packed when they win, which is fine, I'll never blame fans for saving their money when their team is trash. 

I've sat in Philly(eliminated during 04 playoffs) and MSG during playoff games where we got our asses handed to us, it's absolutely nothing like going to games in Carolina(where I've also been when we were eliminated in 06) or Tampa where I've also seen games. 

I'm not triggered by anything. The older I get the more I really just don't like people in general. It's the opposite of pussification for me cause I feel like I'm turning into a grumpy old a$$hole who doesn't want to waste his time talking to people who I'm never gonna see ever again in my life when it comes to sitting next to opposing fans at games. That's also why I'd rather sit around other Devils fans. Most of the Rangers fans I know in real life are also real sh!t bags too so yeah I don't have time for that. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I hear ya man.  I fully expect to be headed back upstairs earlier than 9 pm, resigned to the fact that the 2023-24 season is officially dead and buried, after having seen the Devils give up the first two goals, then score to make 2-1, then a bit of a surge, then suddenly two Ranger goals within a minute or two to make it 4-1 as the second period winds down.  And then camera cuts to Grumpy Cat Lindy staring straight ahead and not saying a peep to anyone.

Of course hoping that the above doesn't happen, but I can sure see it.  

Don’t forget the horrendous officiating with Lindy staring blankly into space not saying a peep.

• Angry 3

7 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Lets go Devils! You only have 8 more losses, don't get one tonight with biggest rival!

10 more losses.  17-10 gets them to 94 points, and 18-9 gets them to 96.  But definitely no more than 10 losses.

• Like 2

Let’s bring in a little bit of positivity here, Christ this place feels like a funeral today. Season isn’t dead just yet but they most certainly need to get their sh!t straightened out and that has to start in 20 minutes. Let’s go boys, don’t let us down and put in a full 60 minute effort. 

• Like 1

Jake Reynolds is a clown which is fitting cause he is always wearing stupid shoes with his suits. 

Hilarious this guy gets propped up for doing a good job by this organization when he's nothing more than another clueless suit who got the benefit of having one of the most marketable and exciting players in the league with Jack Hughes. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Let’s bring in a little bit of positivity here, Christ this place feels like a funeral today. Season isn’t dead just yet but they most certainly need to get their sh!t straightened out and that has to start in 20 minutes. Let’s go boys, don’t let us down and put in a full 60 minute effort. 

Between Ruff being coach and us debuting ads for the first time, it is a time for mourning… lol

lfgd cause I’m like a crack addict and cannot stop watching this sh!t

HAHAHAHA MILLER SITS FOR SMITH?! 

Jesus Christ the misery continues

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • Vomiting 2

Just now, nmigliore said:

Miller scratched for Smith, especially after that last game, is egregious and fireable. Lindy needs to go. 

The fact we’re shopping Holtz instead of firing Lindy is also fireable.

today has been progressively more and more disappointing, hopefully they don’t fill their diapers with another unmotivated effort

• Like 2