GDT - 2/25/2024 Lightning @ Devils, 1 pm, MSGSN/TNT - Lindy Overcomplicates Things

ButlerBulldog

2 minutes ago, devils26 said:

Maybe he should backcheck and make an effort in the D zone first.

Yup. Because with that the Devils’ vagabond group of G would suddenly no longer let pucks literally through them. 

And btw, Chico (patron saint and defender of all G everywhere) just said Jack was great today. And he killed the G. 

But what does He know. 

Just now, devlman said:

His defensive zone work has been putrid. Tired of the hes still injured excuses. If you can’t back check or play with balls in the o-zone, then sit your ass down. You’re not McDavid.

Seriously.  When things are going poorly, the appropriate response is to work more and talk less, not chirp about how people pay to watch you play.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smelly said:

Haven’t you heard his subtle but increasingly more frequent comments about the goaltending of late? He knows the drill.  I’d be demoralized too..

You ever play goal for a team that doesn’t score first? I have, it’s a nightmare for everyone. You play tighter, you KNOW the first goal that gets past you your team will not be able to pick you up, then the flood gates open.

goaltending sucks, no question, won’t debate you. But they have gotten zero help from the other 18 shells of players when they’ve been scored on over 3/4 of the goddamn season.

this has been a colossal failure from the GM sitting on his hands regarding goaltending (yes, like you’ve been preaching to since May), to the failure of a coaching staff, to the complete lack of compete from the lineup on a given night.

23-24 season should be remembered of every single persons involvement as a failure

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

Now the question is will they let Novo ask a question before Amanda Stein uses up the whole presser.

"You see, Amanda, it's about puck management. We didn't manage the puck....and uhhh.....did I mention the media being an issue yet?"

Lindy really on this level 👇

frustrated office space GIF

• Like 3

Just now, smelly said:

Yup. Because with that the Devils’ vagabond group of G would suddenly no longer let pucks literally through them. 

And btw, Chico (patron saint and defender of all G everywhere) just said Jack was great today. And he killed the G. 

But what does He know. 

The whole team sucks. You're right, the goalies absolutely suck. So does everyone else on the team, coaches, front office on and off the ice. 

• Like 2

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

Seriously.  When things are going poorly, the appropriate response is to work more and talk less, not chirp about how people pay to watch you play.

Easy for you to say from where you sit. 

Jack is nowhere near 100 percent, likely needs surgery, and is gutting it out regardless. And by now you know what I report about this is completely accurate. 

You really don’t know what you are talking about. 

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Everyone is salty but I don't get why. It isn't like we couldn't see this coming. People need to direct their anger somewhere other than at each other here. We're all disappointed.

Yeah, those responses were just super obnoxious tbh. And I like both guys to be clear, but was it really necessary to tell me how much you don’t care about the thing I just posted? Just scroll on by. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

You ever play goal for a team that doesn’t score first? I have, it’s a nightmare for everyone. You play tighter, you KNOW the first goal that gets past you your team will not be able to pick you up, then the flood gates open.

goaltending sucks, no question, won’t debate you. But they have gotten zero help from the other 18 shells of players when they’ve been scored on over 3/4 of the goddamn season.

this has been a colossal failure from the GM sitting on his hands regarding goaltending (yes, like you’ve been preaching to since May), to the failure of a coaching staff, to the complete lack of compete from the lineup on a given night.

23-24 season should be remembered of every single persons involvement as a failure

This.  Whoever coaches this team next season should approach training camp as though it’s an open tryout, with no one’s role set in stone.  Maybe if these guys realize they’re not guaranteed jobs, they’ll play as though they give a sh!t.

• Like 1

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

"You see, Amanda, it's about puck management. We didn't manage the puck....and uhhh.....did I mention the media being an issue yet?"

Lindy really on this level 👇

frustrated office space GIF

“Lindy, what does it mean seeing Akira step in and give the guys a chance in this one, given you know :giggles: he hasn’t played in a while and sort of you know, how do your rank your team’s determination after going down 2 goals and fighting to stay on it :giggles:?”

• Like 2

I'm not attacking anyone here. Just as fed up as anyone else, watching what was supposed to be a promising season swirl down the drain. Unbelievably frustrating when the management has done zilch to change anything. Whether it's a trade or coaching change. Just do something. All the heart and fight this team had last season has vanished.

Still enjoy posting here and hearing other devils fans opinions. Thanks for suffering with me.

• Like 2
  • EvilHeart 1

5 minutes ago, smelly said:

Easy for you to say from where you sit. 

Jack is nowhere near 100 percent, likely needs surgery, and is gutting it out regardless. And by now you know what I report about this is completely accurate. 

You really don’t know what you are talking about. 

He should go get his surgery then and shut it down. Season’s over. Get right for next year. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 6

Injured or not injured Jack's definitely got a full Kovalsuck attitude going now, but he's far from the only one on this sh!tbag excuse of a roster.  They aren't even scoring enough goals lately to complain about the goaltending, especially the rancid power play but hey they're all fat and happy cause they won their Stanley Cup last Saturday

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

Just now, jagknife said:

the best players got caved in today. Checks with the eye test

At this point, I’d consider shutting Jack down to be sure he’s healthy for next season.  He’s not helping the team playing at 80%, and today’s poor defensive effort was inexcusable.

• Like 1

I’m usually one of those into the draft stuff but I just can’t get into it this year. Not after the last decade of hoping for the right ping pong balls. What’s the point of the draft if Ruff can’t manage young players anyway? He does nothing to correct Luke, who has been spiraling. He acts like Holtz ran over his dog most nights. 

And I have no hope for Fitz. He’s another Shero, wasting entire seasons on waiting and seeing. He only pokes his head out to accept a new contract, wear a Nashville jersey, or watch his kid play. 

• Like 2

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

This is incorrect. I heard that Chico said that Jack played great and that it is the goalies fault from someone EXTREMELY RELIABLE.

So, so clever. Chico said what Chico said. 

And I’m not reliable. But my sources damn sure are. 

31 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Using the rest of my buybacks and the other games I'm posting for sale. Want any money I can get back for this season that I can get. Besides them wearing the stadium series jerseys again and the last home game of the season I don't care about watching from home instead. 

So happy they raised the ticket prices by 9%, this team doesn't warrant that on or off the ice. 

Spot on. Terrible coaching, poor effort, and more than anything, this team actually regressed twice as much as 9%, maybe even three times. They should have reduced their prices 27%.

I would like to say it's been a good season, but it hasn't. I'm taking a very long road trip in 2 weeks going to Canada to see the Devils and Leafs in Toronto, and I was really looking forward to that game having some meaning before our playoff time. Now it's going to be meaningless.  

Edited by NJDfan1711