Shoot Out Shooters

Have Another Donut

Am I the only one here who thinks the Devils are going to lose more shootouts than they win this season?

Marty's going to have to be near-perfect since the Devils won't get more than one goal -- tops -- in the shootout.

i think you'll find that there are guys you wouldn't even think about that are great at the shootout.

like wade boggs in batting practice who would be pulling moon shot after moon shot, but in the game would be poking the ball the other way.

my guess is that someone like pandolfo would be very good at shootouts.

I gotta believe gomez would make a good shoot out shooter - the way he can lace a tape to tape pass through traffic to a streaking winger, well, you'd think he'd have good shot placement too then when no defense is in the way, but, you never know, do you.

As much as i hate freezen, I think he'd be good at this.

Pandolfo?? the guy can't hit the broad side of a barn, a really really big barn-lol-don't know what happened to him, he scored in bunches in college.

Pando doesn't like to play in traffic, IMO. He is a good enough shooter and everything but doesn't like getting jostled around so he doesn't go to where you can score. The new rules may really help him actually, last season I predicted his decent goal scoring and I predict more for him this season.

Am I the only one here who thinks the Devils are going to lose more shootouts than they win this season?

Marty's going to have to be near-perfect since the Devils won't get more than one goal -- tops -- in the shootout.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What makes you think that ?

Perhaps Marty's OT record ;)

The W/L will depend on how good Marty is one-on-one & the ability of our players to finesse the puck in.

Wow, I think you're right !

We better win in Regulation.

i think you'll find that there are guys you wouldn't even think about that are great at the shootout.

like wade boggs in batting practice who would be pulling moon shot after moon shot, but in the game would be poking the ball the other way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know about Pando, but the guy next to him on the line might fit that description. After seeing all the shorthanded breakaways Madden's scored, he might actually be good in that role (breakaway shooter).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know about Pando, but the guy next to him on the line might fit that description. After seeing all the shorthanded breakaways Madden's scored, he might actually be good in that role (breakaway shooter).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh man Madden has had sooooo many breakways but he almost never scores on them. We would have won so many more games if Madden wouldn't miss 99.9% of his breakway attempts.

I don't know about Pando, but the guy next to him on the line might fit that description.  After seeing all the shorthanded breakaways Madden's scored, he might actually be good in that role (breakaway shooter).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What about all the ones he flubbed or shot into goalies in '03-04?

Is it just three shooters? Cause if it is, you can pick your most skilled guys. I bet Martin would be good at it.

I pick Elias, Langenbrunner, and Rafalski if it's only three. Madden has never been a good breakaway player (gets a ton of them and rarely converts), and Gomez can never seem to lift the puck on breakaways. Rafalski doesn't have the best moves but he has an excellent wrist shot, IIRC.

Elias- He does some fancy deking.

Friesen- I think his speed will help him, and launching a hard shot

Madden/Langenbrunner/Random- Madden will be able to take more chances, during the PK, he has to worry about a big rebound and the play bouncing back the other way with him completely out of positon. Without the duties of the PK, I would check him out for a bit.

Langenbrunner, I just have a good feeling for.

Id really use one of the spots as experiemental to see who performs, who doesnt.

this is just my opinion, but for some reason, even if marty isn't the most skilled goalie around. I think marty will be a dominant shoot out goalie. Its more just a "feel" than a real guess. If i had any guess i think luongo would be the best. But for some reason, something is telling me brodeur is just going to dominate shootouts next year.

Anyone else really want to see what Marty can do on a penalty shot?

You mean as the goalie or as the shooter? :uni:

Man, that would be sweet. Too bad they probably wouldn't let it happen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who knows? Late season game, seedings have already been set, nothing to lose? I can always dream....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he would probably score more than madden