Controversy surrounds Devils as irked Jamie remains silent

Rock

So who's wife did Jamie sleep with? Isn't that how this usually works? Oh wait we aren't the Flyers.

Didnt Marty cheat on his wife (with his sister in law) the year we won the cup? and his wife was harressing him throughout the 2003 playoffs?................. Now Marty is married to his ex sister in law and has another kid with her. go marty...........maybe lagenbrunner slept with his sister in law? LOL

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's pissed about being benched, I hope he at least knows why. If this comes down to Lemaire not communicating with his players, I'd lay the blame at his feet, not Jamie's.

In other words, Jacques claims he thought Jamie looked tired and needed a night off. I hope the two are on the same page with regards to that and Jamie's not thinking, "Coach didn't tell me why I was scratched, wonder if he thinks I'm playing bad; screw that, I'm doing fine!"

In other words, Jacques claims he thought Jamie looked tired and needed a night off. I hope the two are on the same page with regards to that and Jamie's not thinking, "Coach didn't tell me why I was scratched, wonder if he thinks I'm playing bad; screw that, I'm doing fine!"

Lemaire probably wouldn't go around to the press saying "Yea I benched our captain because he was playing like crap." That really doesn't go over well. The Jaime needing rest story is probably exactly that - a story.

Lemaire probably wouldn't go around to the press saying "Yea I benched our captain because he was playing like crap." That really doesn't go over well. The Jaime needing rest story is probably exactly that - a story.

Yeah just like it was with Rolston, this so-called minor injury that was actually a benching but wasn't known till a few days later. Although I do think it was a honest rest day for Martin, who the heck knows :P

Langenbrunner, who spent a considerable amount of time in the trainer’s room after the morning skate, was asked if he was healthy? “No comment,” he replied.

Is he upset that didn’t play on Saturday?

“No comment,” Langenbrunner said.

Is he still the captain?

“No comment,” he said again.

(He is still the captain).

I asked if he was going to talk to the media after the game tonight.

“I’ll talk about hockey,” he said. “Not about that.”

Whatever “that” is a mystery even to Devils coach Jacques Lemaire, who seemed surprised when told that Langenbrunner wasn’t talking.

“I don’t think he’s in a bad mood,” Lemaire said.

I asked Lemaire if he thought that Langenbrunner was upset about not playing on Saturday.

“I don’t know,” Lemaire said. “I don’t think so. Maybe it’s personal. I don’t know.”

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/unhappy_devils_captain_jamie_langenbrunner_not_talking_to_media_martin_back/

I asked if he was going to talk to the media after the game tonight.

“I’ll talk about hockey,” he said. “Not about that.”

Whatever “that” is a mystery even to Devils coach Jacques Lemaire, who seemed surprised when told that Langenbrunner wasn’t talking.

I wonder if "that" is the same thing Meatloaf wouldn't do for love.

there is no bonus allowed for games played?

Ya, basically no bonus' except in certain cases:

PERFORMANCE BONUSES

What players may earn in performance bonuses?

Performance bonuses will only be permissible for the following types of players: (1) players on entry-level contracts; (2) players signing one-year contracts after returning from long-term injuries (players with 400 or more games who spent 100 or more days on injured reserve in the last year of their most recent contract); and senior veteran players who sign a one-year contract after the age of 35.

I wonder if "that" is the same thing Meatloaf wouldn't do for love.

Screw around (sooner or later)?

Langs only has 4 points in the last 12 games, and all of them came during a 3 game stretch. I don't think he's injured, so it's entirely possible that Lemaire scratched him on Saturday to send him a message. If that's the case, he could very well be pissed about that, especially when Rolston continues his parade of mediocrity without so much as a peep from Lemaire.

This is all conjecture, but a very possible scenario.

was mentioned a bit earlier but JL did call out rolston and did bench him for poor play.

everyone is getting rest the last couple of days - langenbrunner, martin, tonight it's mottau. wouldn't be surprised i salvador and white and maybe even neidermayer got a day the next three games.

i am totally fine with this.

I've felt something has been up with Jamie for at least a week now. I can't help but revert back to this quote (courtesy of TG's blog) from Langenbrunner after the "quickie" practice before the Gold Circle luncheon:

Devils captain Jamie Langenbrunner was unaware that Lemaire intially planned to give the players the day off from practicing. He didn’t seem to mind having to go on the ice because the players had to be at Prudential Center for the Gold Circle event regardless.

“If we’re coming down here for this thing, I’d rather practice anyway,” he said when asked if he thought the practice was necessary. “But I don’t know. It’s not like it was very hard out there (during the practice).

Take it for what you will, but to me that seemed like a backhand at Lemaire. Maybe something IS up between Coach and Captain.

I'm beginning to think there's some kind of gas leak following this team. Everyone's kind of strange:

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2010/04/ilya_kovalchuk_calls_return_to.html

When the Devils' team bus arrived for the game, coach Jacques Lemaire was the first one off. He walked to the dressing room with both hands held high.

"I surrender," he joked.

Near the end of the line of players walking in was Jamie Langenbrunner, who did not slow down as he approached reporters.

"Good afternoon," he said, and kept walking.

:noclue:

For those thinking Jamie being angry could be a good thing, like motivationally - just remember how well he was motivated when he played on the 3rd line earlier this year. He was no doubt angry and to me he seemed completely disinterested and was terrible as a 3rd liner.

If this is something significant, it'll be interesting to see if there's a Jacques or Langs decision to make come the offseason? My view is that it would be Langs. Could get a decent return for him in a trade, gain some cap room. Plus, Zach is the captain in waiting, and I think people want him to take over that role sooner rather than later.

Those tea leaves are all over the place.

If this is something significant, it'll be interesting to see if there's a Jacques or Langs decision to make come the offseason? My view is that it would be Langs. Could get a decent return for him in a trade, gain some cap room. Plus, Zach is the captain in waiting, and I think people want him to take over that role sooner rather than later.

Those tea leaves are all over the place.

More proof that you must be on medication.

Nothing kills this team like a change of captaincy.

.... but keep the aging dinosaur of a coach.