GDT: Thank You Marty. 8pm MSG+

RunninWithTheDevil

Were the players that were sitting on the ice all the guys he played with on the current roster?

The current team was in the back row with #30 jerseys with their names on the jersey.  

I didn't cry, but it seemed like Marty came damn near close during his speech.  

Boos for Lou?  Or Lou chants?  Either way he said had some very kind words and praised the fans through and through.  It was awesome to see tonight, very special and I'll remember it all.  

Brodeur was very thorough when appreciating the former players.

That was awesome. I'm so happy and sad at the same time. Between this and Daniel Bryan having to announce his retirement last night I can't take any more emotional events this week.  I still don't feel as old as I actually am now. 

I've basically grown up posting on this board. 13 years and counting. I just don't know where all the time has went and seeing #30 up  in the rafters now has me left with almost no words.

All the Devils are wearing #30 for the warmups. This is the last time we will ever see it on a Devils jersey on the ice. 

Thank you Marty! 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2

Great job by the Devils. Fantastic ceremony. I especially liked the Metallica "Hero Of The Day" for the video montage. It was perfect. And loved Lou's joke. Shows he can make a joke. Poor Bettman. That was the only thing I didn't get. What a great speaker. And he has a good sense of humor. Brodeur's speech was terrific. You all should be so proud. Enjoy the game.

• Like 1

The current team was in the back row with #30 jerseys with their names on the jersey.  

I didn't cry, but it seemed like Marty came damn near close during his speech.  

Boos for Lou?  Or Lou chants?  Either way he said had some very kind words and praised the fans through and through.  It was awesome to see tonight, very special and I'll remember it all.  

Brodeur was very thorough when appreciating the former players.

Lou didn't get boos....Bettman  got the Boos.....Lou got Louuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Like 2