2014 UFA Signing Thread

Devilsfan118

Well you never know.. look at some trades that happened... the neal trade was terrible too

That was just karma though since the trade to bring Neal to Pitt was a steal. They got Niskanen too in that deal for Goligoski, who I guess is the only person still playing for the team he was traded to lol.

Well you never know.. look at some trades that happened... the neal trade was terrible too

lol you're not getting JVR back, cool your jets. Even the Leafs aren't that stupid. Next it'll be Kessel for Eller 

One year? Don't like that if its true.

Why not? He's still a RFA after.

I would think Larsson didn't want to get locked into a low salary when he feels he will break out if he plays. Since the Devils told him he's going to play he's looking to get a fair deal next year.

Yeah with the cap this low, I'd rather have Larsson on that kind of deal and then maybe extend him to a bigger deal next year if he plays well.  Won't believe it until it's confirmed, of course, but I could believe that that's what happened.

Why not? He's still a RFA after.

I would think Larsson didn't want to get locked into a low salary when he feels he will break out if he plays. Since the Devils told him he's going to play he's looking to get a fair deal next year.

True. Its a 'prove it' year for Larsson. It makes sense he'd want to cash in on a big step forward this year. Here's the article from a Swedish newspaper: http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/nhl/adam-larsson-far-nytt-kontrakt-med-devils/

Translated: LOS ANGELES. Adam Larsson has today, Monday, signed a new contract with the NHL club the New Jersey Devils.

SportExpressen.se can reveal that this is a one-year envägskontrakt worth $ 900 000, equivalent to just over six million.

- Adam has been assured by the Devils club management that he will take a place in the NHL team in the fall and be one of the young defenders to build the defense around, says Larsson's agent, Claes Elefalk at CAA Sports.

Email

To get the 21-year-old Swede to sign the agreement called both general manager Lou Lamoriello and coach Peter DeBoer to Adam in Skellefteå, where he is on summer holiday, this weekend.

That it was a one-year contract was a request from Adam, who last spring played out his three-year rookie contract with New Jersey.

- The important thing was to get a envägskontrakt, which means that he must pass through waivers if he would be sent to the farm team in the AHL during the season and would then fifteen other clubs fighting over him instantly, saying Elefalk.

"Adam is pleased"

He will not have injuries now and make a good effort in the season 2014-15, Adam can negotiate a better contract next summer.

- But Adam is pleased with this agreement and the promises he received from the Devils and it's conscious on our part to shorter contracts, according Elefalk.

New Jersey bought on Monday the hill Anton Volchenkov, which opens for a regular place for Adam Larsson.

- It has probably also played a role. Now I know Adam that he will be an important cog among the young players in the team next season.

He played 26 games in the NHL last season (3 points) and played another 33 games in the AHL with the Albany Devils.

"At center, #16 Paul Stastny!" - Kevin Clarke, opening night 2014

I can dream can't I?

Burnside is predicting Stastny sings with the Rangers. Can they afford him?

Dreger noted that CGY offered a their 12th pick for Ribeiro but Ribeiro wouldn't waive his NTC. No wonder Maloney was pissed.

Stastny in NJ is a contract that will never be a winner with the fans. To get him here, you'd have to blow other teams out of the water, really good Western Conference teams. So what would it take if highest bidder is what he is going for? 8/$64...8/$70...higher?

Numbers that many probably thought were too much for Zach Parise a few years ago. Obviously, the cap has gone up and it will continue to go up, but it's Paul Stastny, It's a guy that hasn't put up 60+ points in 4 seasons. You celebrate these signings before they ever play a game, and then that's it.

For an offensive centerman like himself, NJ has to be the least appealing option out there. The best forwards to play with are Jagr and Elias, 42 and 38 respectively. Not very sexy.

Stastny in NJ is a contract that will never be a winner with the fans. To get him here, you'd have to blow other teams out of the water, really good Western Conference teams. So what would it take if highest bidder is what he is going for? 8/$64...8/$70...higher?

Numbers that many probably thought were too much for Zach Parise a few years ago. Obviously, the cap has gone up and it will continue to go up, but it's Paul Stastny, It's a guy that hasn't put up 60+ points in 4 seasons. You celebrate these signings before they ever play a game, and then that's it.

For an offensive centerman like himself, NJ has to be the least appealing option out there. The best forwards to play with are Jagr and Elias, 42 and 38 respectively. Not very sexy.

Its not sexy but he could be the face of a franchise and attract other players, just playing devils adocate 

The maximum anyone can offer Stastny is a 7 year deal.  I don't think the Devils will get him, but I don't think anyone is breaking 7/56.  There just isn't a ton of cap room out there.

7/56. Yowza! I wouldn't touch that one at all. So who is this Burnside that's predicting Stastny will sign with the Rangers?

I want lou to try to sign a top line center or winger or mayyybe 2nd line but anything pinned a 3rd line kinda guy might piss me off. 97% of our forwards are players like that we certainly dont need more. Id rather see boucher or matteau getting a shot

7/56. Yowza! I wouldn't touch that one at all. So who is this Burnside that's predicting Stastny will sign with the Rangers?

I would call that an educated guess. Big chances every year that the rangers throw a ridiculous offer to any top free agent that he couldnt refuse. Sather just cant help himself

I want lou to try to sign a top line center or winger or mayyybe 2nd line but anything pinned a 3rd line kinda guy might piss me off. 97% of our forwards are players like that we certainly dont need more. Id rather see boucher or matteau getting a shot

Matteau is likely not quite ready yet

Stastny makes sense, but he's too rich for our blood. He'll be a Rag or he will go to St. Louis

Matteau is likely not quite ready yet

Stastny makes sense, but he's too rich for our blood. He'll be a Rag or he will go to St. Louis

The Rangers are in pretty rough shape cap wise. If they sign Statsny, presumably at $7.5 per, that's $17 million for eight skaters. Then next year, you need to give a new deal to Stepan, Hagelin and perhaps St. Louis and Staal. If you want to get a sense of how tight things are, their lowest paid defenseman under contract makes a little less than the cap hit in D for the Devils.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk