2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Daniel

17 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Gio with another goal for the Bruins tonight. He’s playing well for them (6 points in 5 GP).  And some were making fun of the signing...

I'd say most were making fun of the signing, Gio looked washed up for the last few years and didn't exactly impress during the Olympics.  He's definitely got at least a short-term burst of adrenaline from being on a good team again though.

I thought Gionta's return to Buffalo and the 3 seasons that followed was really a sunset stint. Go home, collect your final paychecks, play out the string and be a good influence on the young kids there. The fact that he was never flipped to a contending team was also kind of telling. And as Has said, was he really impressing anybody during the Olympics? Kind of surprised to see this out of him. I guess we'll see how long it lasts

On 3/10/2018 at 10:56 AM, DJ Eco said:

Agreed and can't put my finger on it. Kinkaid would let in 1-2 goals in the first 10-15 minutes but the team somehow found ways to keep pushing and claw back. Hell, they scored 6 on Montreal the other night! He proceeded to let 4 in but it was a non-issue. It is puzzling and discouraging, reminds me of when he was sharing the net with Brodeur and would post stretches of .950+ sv. % games that we'd lose 1-0 or 2-1 while Brodeur would post .880 sv. % we'd win 7-6 days later. That's not to take anything away from the fact that Schneider needs to play better, but still head-scratching at times.

Y'know everyone's figuring out stats on how skaters drive the play or not. I wonder if similar stats might apply to goalies due to puckhandling abilities and other intangibles that don't necessarily make it to the stat lines.

56 minutes ago, lucifer91 said:

I would say lets go Sens and Canadiens.

For sure, we just know we're not gonna get that lucky.

45 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Oh, Man! Someone go pray for miracle.

Yeah exactly.  Figured we had a better shot of the West teams winning lol.

• Like 1

Admittedly I haven't been paying much attention lately, but it looks like Nolan Patrick is starting to figure things out.  7 goals and 7 assists in his last 20 games, 5 goals and 5 assists in his last 12.  

Just now, Martyisth3b3st said:

He had an absolutely gorgeous assist against Boston. He’s going to be a star. 

Still beyond happy with Nico

Oh me too, wasn't mentioning this as any slight to Nico.  Just mentioning that Patrick's starting to come on.  

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh me too, wasn't mentioning this as any slight to Nico.  Just mentioning that Patrick's starting to come on.  

Let’s see if he can stay healthy. One thing I don’t see mentioned enough is Nico being the only Devil to play in every single game thus far. As much as he gets knocked around it’s pretty impressive. 

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

Fluery stands tall during the Flyers onslaught, picks up his 400th win and keeps Philly within 3.

Montreal, on the other hand, chokes on a big baguette and falls 5-2

Does Fluery have a legitimate shot at 691?