All purpose general trade speculation thread

Daniel

1 hour ago, Devs3cups said:

Subban was hated in the locker room cause the groups of Habs leaders during the years he was with the team were arguably the most fvcking boring/bland/passionless group of leaders I've seen in a very long time. (Pacioretty, Markov, Plekanec, even Price to some extent, etc.). Even the head coach (Therrien) was like that. No fire, always the same expression on their face, boring, continuously seem uninterested etc.  They probably couldn't stand a guy with ''too much'' life and energy in the locker room. As others have mentioned, he seems to be appreciated in Nashville. And since I'm a Quebecer, I have no other choice than to hear about the Habs and I try to follow him in Nashville a little bit. I read forums, etc. And the fans/team seem pretty happy with him in Nashville.

Understatement of the century. They LOVE him unconditionally.

The Habs have the personality of a wet sock, as you mentioned and Therrien was/is a prick of a coach. Glad Subban got out of there.

35 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Understatement of the century. They LOVE him unconditionally.

The Habs have the personality of a wet sock, as you mentioned and Therrien was/is a prick of a coach. Glad Subban got out of there.

He's in as many commercials down there as Deckers wife..

On 1/5/2018 at 11:26 AM, CarpathianForest said:

Didn't he pledge 10 mil to that Children's Hospital? Something tells me that if he was white and his name was JJ Watt, he would be considered more positively in the media.

That doesn't look very pimp to me. The hat and jacket scream a bit more UK Rudeboy.

Lose the hat and he's Mackelmore

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

By th way, does anyone not believe Chayka’s claim that he’s not interested in trading Ekmann-Larsson?

Well... he may not be interested like i'm not interested... shoveling my driveway after a storm... doesn't mean i won't do it though cause i kind of have to lol

• Like 1

I don't see the devils making a blockbuster trade this season. I would be happy moving Lovejoy for a draft pick, but that isn't detrimental. I am already happy that we traded Henrique for Vatanen. The devils need to focus on the off season with all that cap space, and also need to make sure that we don't just give someone money because we can

I honestly don't want a blockbuster trade to occur this year, especially if it requires moving significant young talent / draft picks.

I mean I guess they could make a deep playoff run, but in my mind this year is still part of the rebuild process. As in, we'll be even better in the coming years and that's when we should look into adding some pieces at the deadline.

Maybe I'd look at Zetterberg? If the price wasn't too high. But other than that..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

So that amazing player Evander Kane some of you were salivating over is in another scuttlebutt, this time getting into a spat practice with Justin Falk while Falk screamed that he was selfish.

The last time he was considered an obnoxious, selfish diva he was shipped out of Winnepeg, he played the race card. Wonder if Buffalo is just as racist?

It doesn't appear to be a big deal.  The coach didn't mind and Faulk said the same thing.  Doesn't really impact whether I would want him on my team, which I would, but not at any price.

I honestly don't want a blockbuster trade to occur this year, especially if it requires moving significant young talent / draft picks.

I mean I guess they could make a deep playoff run, but in my mind this year is still part of the rebuild process. As in, we'll be even better in the coming years and that's when we should look into adding some pieces at the deadline.

So long as the Devils are confident that Bratt is the real deal, I think this is the perfect time for the Devils to make a blockbuster deal for someone who's still under contract for next season and that they have a good chance of extending even to a really big contract.   I assume it would be for either Karlsson or Ekman-Larsson, since I can't think of any forwards that are being talked about that would qualify as being of the "blockbuster" type (except for speculation about Tavares, which isn't happening anyway).  You can see my reasoning about what we might have to give up for those guys earlier in the thread, but basically it's a once in a decade opportunity to get an awesome player that's still in his prime at a position where it's difficult to find someone like that.  The prospect pool is really deep at this point, and there aren't that many teams that could outbid us.  Obviously the situation may not present itself (actually probably won't present itself) but if it does, I hope Shero pounces on it.

Kane's never really been anything special prior to this season...I'd avoid him unless he's given away cheap, and even then I'd probably just rent him.

34 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Kane's never really been anything special prior to this season...I'd avoid him unless he's given away cheap, and even then I'd probably just rent him.

“Nothing special” meaning that just about every full season he’s had in his career, his numbers were good enough to be in our top 3 in scoring. 

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

“Nothing special” meaning that just about every full season he’s had in his career, his numbers were good enough to be in our top 3 in scoring. 

He had more than 43 points in any given season just once before this year.  Shows how bad the Devils were offensively for quite a few years.  If you look at his career numbers season by season, they're really not impressive.  

So long as the Devils are confident that Bratt is the real deal, I think this is the perfect time for the Devils to make a blockbuster deal for someone who's still under contract for next season and that they have a good chance of extending even to a really big contract.   I assume it would be for either Karlsson or Ekman-Larsson, since I can't think of any forwards that are being talked about that would qualify as being of the "blockbuster" type (except for speculation about Tavares, which isn't happening anyway).  You can see my reasoning about what we might have to give up for those guys earlier in the thread, but basically it's a once in a decade opportunity to get an awesome player that's still in his prime at a position where it's difficult to find someone like that.  The prospect pool is really deep at this point, and there aren't that many teams that could outbid us.  Obviously the situation may not present itself (actually probably won't present itself) but if it does, I hope Shero pounces on it.
I definitely wouldn't mind one of those d-men but I would want them not test the open market after

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He had more than 43 points in any given season just once before this year.  Shows how bad the Devils were offensively for quite a few years.  If you look at his career numbers season by season, they're really not impressive.  

That was more my point. We were a disaster.

• Like 1

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/22025032/nhl-case-toronto-maple-leafs-trading-auston-matthews

Not trying to cause a stir here, but this is something I've never really thought about before and I found it interesting. On teams with multiple emerging stars, it may become challenging to pay them all (read: Edmonton). I'm not sure NJ makes sense because they're going to have to pay 13 and, presumably, 8 and 63 in the next few years, but I am pretty in awe every time I watch Matthews play.

Discuss.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/22025032/nhl-case-toronto-maple-leafs-trading-auston-matthews
Not trying to cause a stir here, but this is something I've never really thought about before and I found it interesting. On teams with multiple emerging stars, it may become challenging to pay them all (read: Edmonton). I'm not sure NJ makes sense because they're going to have to pay 13 and, presumably, 8 and 63 in the next few years, but I am pretty in awe every time I watch Matthews play.
Discuss.

I clicked on the article, read the headline, laughed, and closed the page. There's absolutely no case to be made for Toronto to trade their franchise center who they drafted a year ago. I mean, talk about clickbait....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t want to say it’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard, but it is. 

And im not sure that 8, 13, or 63 fall into the same category...I mean, things being as they are now, Matthews probably gets what we pay for two of those guys. 

If Matthews was on the market and there was an extension? Pretty sure you make that trade, because you don’t have to worry about paying 8, 63 and 13 because two of them would be in Toronto.