All purpose general trade speculation thread

Daniel

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Fisher coming back is gonna be huge for them

Yeah, I'm totally fascinated with how well built that team is, especially in this day in age where it seems like too many people think a full blown tank is the only way to be successful.   Poile has rebuilt that team with series of great trades (Forsberg, Neal, RyJo, Subban, Turris) and shrewd drafting.   They're set up nicely for a long time.   

It's also kind of amazing that  it looks like they're basically going to be able to add two "deadline acquisitions" in Tolvanen and Fisher without giving up any assets.    

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Just a question. Not saying we should. Not saying we would. Just a question.

its becoming clear Kovalchuk will wear an NHL sweater next year, entering as a UFA.

kovalchuk is done with the olympics. He got his gold for team [REDACTED]. We still own his rights. Let’s say the Penguins want to sign him and offer us a 2nd round pick. Is he allowed to come back now? 

Lets say Shero wants to slot him next to Grabner and Zacha. Can we just say “ok kovy cmon down?”.

He'd have to go through waivers. 

11 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Just a question. Not saying we should. Not saying we would. Just a question.

its becoming clear Kovalchuk will wear an NHL sweater next year, entering as a UFA.

kovalchuk is done with the olympics. He got his gold for team [REDACTED]. We still own his rights. Let’s say the Penguins want to sign him and offer us a 2nd round pick. Is he allowed to come back now? 

Lets say Shero wants to slot him next to Grabner and Zacha. Can we just say “ok kovy cmon down?”.

We don't own his rights anymore... hence why he didn't come back last season.  He'll  be a ranger next season

53 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Yeah, I'm totally fascinated with how well built that team is, especially in this day in age where it seems like too many people think a full blown tank is the only way to be successful.  Poile has rebuilt that team with series of great trades (Forsberg, Neal, RyJo, Subban, Turris) and shrewd drafting.   They're set up nicely for a long time. 

It's also kind of amazing that  it looks like they're basically going to be able to add two "deadline acquisitions" in Tolvanen and Fisher without giving up any assets.    

And Ray Shero was Poile’s assistant for years...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

And Ray Shero was Poile’s assistant for years...

...and I see some promising similarities with what Ray has been doing in NJ.   He's already completed several shrewd deals of his own and hasn't really made any bad cap decisions.  Hopefully we can get to where Poile has the Preds in the next few years.         

Hall for Larrson and Subban for Weber was still one of the wildest 20 minutes I can remember  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheMazz said:

I hope Kovy signs a massive contract with the Rangers and cripples that team like Parise with the Wild 

5 x 5 or 6 x 6

Do it Gorton. 

I'm sure Kovy wants to go to NYR but I really doubt they'd even want him at this point. Who is going to give him more than 2 years anyway? Plus he's a flight risk.

19 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think he’s asking whether everything happened before  3 pm tomorrow.  I think it theoretically could happen that way.

You could sign him but he'd have to go through waivers first, and then you can trade him, if he isn't claimed. Same as the Ryan O'Reilly (near-) fiasco a few years back.

2 hours ago, Lateralous said:

Yeah, I'm totally fascinated with how well built that team is, especially in this day in age where it seems like too many people think a full blown tank is the only way to be successful.   Poile has rebuilt that team with series of great trades (Forsberg, Neal, RyJo, Subban, Turris) and shrewd drafting.   They're set up nicely for a long time.   

Sounds pretty familiar. :)

Chris Kelley signs for remainder of the season in ANA and A trade between NSH and SJ. Bollig to NSH? Again need Twitter peps.

Word is Mcd just hopped quickly into his cab outside his hotel on 35th, did he get traded. Interesting.

Edited by CarterforPresident

5 hours ago, CarterforPresident said:

Brian Gionta signs with the Bruins for the remainder of the seasons. Gets $700,000.

man I don't get this I don't think he brought much of anything to the Olympics.  He fit right it will all the other non- NHL players

The @MapleLeafs acquire Plekanec and Kyle Baun from the @CanadiensMTL for Rinat Valiev, Kerby Rychel and Toronto’s second round draft pick in 2018. #TradeDeadline

Edited by titans04

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I love how KT uses the #Rags hashtag lmfao:

I wonder if she knows what it actually means.  She was also married to a guy who played for the Devils, and is a NJ native herself.  She could be a closet Devils fan for all we know.

Edited by Mike Brown

I wonder if she knows what it actually means.  She was also married to a guy who played for the Devils, and is a NJ native herself.  She could be a closet Devils fan for all we know.

Pretty sure she's not a closet Devils fan, she admits it freely lol. She was the one who did the sit down with Marty too when the team announced his jersey retirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I love how KT uses the #Rags hashtag lmfao:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love me some KT, how Leach ever landed that I'll never know.   Pretty sure she's fond of the Bruins too after spending a few years up there with them.

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1