GAME 4: Tampa Bay @ New Jersey. 730 PM EST, GOLF, MSG+

Steven M.

7 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

This team can make the playoffs, but they're not good enough to take it up a notch during the playoffs like Tampa

I'm pissy, so understand this aggression isn't really directed at you.

That said - what kind of stupid fvcking comment is this?  Tampa is the BEST TEAM IN THE EAST.  Of fvcking course they're going to be able to "take it up a notch" and outplay us.

God damn.

• Like 1

Schneider was fine today. The two Tampa goals were perfect snipes.

We had chances, but they did a nice job getting in lanes and blocking things. We were unlucky, and other times Vasilevsky was there

Bottom line is this

INJURE KUCHEROV IN GAME 5 IF IT GETS OUT OF HAND

Do to them what they tried to do to you today. I don't care if the hit on Vatanen was clean. I want to see Kucherov concussed or with a broken bone in game 5. Put a legit bounty on him. McSorley him if you can't get him clean. But Kucherov can not come out of game 5 healthy. I want a good ol fashioned bounty

It wasn't just that too it was the hit from behind on Lovejoy as well shortly after that.

If we're going down send them a message and really mess Tampa up. Because they were running around very cheap today

• Like 2

Well, the officiating was a laugher, I hope Kucherov has his career ended before these playoffs end, Hall had his worst game of the season, we missed four glorious chances in the first period (one in the second actually), and we generated nothing over the last 40 mins.

Oh well. fvck this Tampa team. fvcking embarrassment to hockey that play like the 70's flyers and will get fvcking obliterated by Boston if we don't make an improbable comeback 

On to the next one

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I'm pissy, so understand this aggression isn't really directed at you.

That said - what kind of stupid fvcking comment is this?  Tampa is the BEST TEAM IN THE EAST.  Of fvcking course they're going to be able to "take it up a notch" and outplay us.

God damn.

I'm not talking about TB. I'm talking about the Devils. They're talented enough to make the playoffs, but still not good enough to shift gears into a higher level come the postseason like TB, PITT, SJS etc.

The Devils fought like hell tonight and it won't be reflected in anything, really - still, with Vatanen out, they played a relatively strong game.  That said, it wasn't enough.  Hall was not good, Nico wasn't good, and that's what the team is going to look like when those 2 are off their game - at best they can draw a team to even, and that's about what they did.  They caught some breaks with the quick whistle and the offside goal being disallowed, but they couldn't catch a break with a puck going in Tampa's net.

I think the PP should switch sides again, I think they moved Hall to try to get Tampa guessing, but that doesn't seem to be working - there just are not enough options for Hall on that side, I like the tip play they have when he's on the other side versus the one-timer attempt from the man in the box that they didn't even try to get set up.

Hopefully Hall can be fresher with 2 days off here.  

• Like 1

Hall took a couple penalties and was a bit off (for him) but you also have to credit Tampa for shutting him down. It’s not a complicated game plan to beat the Devils. Other than a 5-on-3 PP goal the offense just wasn’t there. No finish on the breakaways and way too many squandered opportunities on the PP. 

i don’t think they win this series now but I’m not ready for Devils hockey to end just yet. Hopefully they can steal GM5 in Tampa. 

11 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

why do we ALWAYS go 3 guys on the puck along the boards in the offensive zone? when the puck gets out that's 5 against 2 for the breakout every single time with our guys trailing

Exactly, and we almost never win the puck having 3 guys cut off down low 

4 minutes ago, '7' said:

Schneider was fine today. The two Tampa goals were perfect snipes.

We had chances, but they did a nice job getting in lanes and blocking things. We were unlucky, and other times Vasilevsky was there

Bottom line is this

INJURE KUCHEROV IN GAME 5 IF IT GETS OUT OF HAND

Do to them what they tried to do to you today. I don't care if the hit on Vatanen was clean. I want to see Kucherov concussed or with a broken bone in game 5. Put a legit bounty on him. McSorley him if you can't get him clean. But Kucherov can not come out of game 5 healthy. I want a good ol fashioned bounty

It wasn't just that too it was the hit from behind on Lovejoy as well shortly after that.

If we're going down send them a message and really mess Tampa up. Because they were running around very cheap today

Keep dreaming... there's no Stevens, Daneyko, Holik or Lemieux on this roster. 

1 minute ago, CarpathianForest said:

I'm not talking about TB. I'm talking about the Devils. They're talented enough to make the playoffs, but still not good enough to shift gears into a higher level come the postseason like TB, PITT, SJS etc.

We just don't have the horses yet. Couple pieces missing. We're not that far away.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

SJ will choke like they always do. Washington West. 

• Like 2

You know what pisses me off? I wouldn’t care if we were getting beat solely on skill. Sure it’d suck but at least we’d be getting beat just by the better team. Once they started playing ducking dirty and showing their true colors, it flipped a goddamn switch in me.

losing to a better team is fine, losing to a dirty team is insulting.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Triumph said:

The Devils fought like hell tonight and it won't be reflected in anything, really - still, with Vatanen out, they played a relatively strong game.  That said, it wasn't enough.  Hall was not good, Nico wasn't good, and that's what the team is going to look like when those 2 are off their game - at best they can draw a team to even, and that's about what they did.  They caught some breaks with the quick whistle and the offside goal being disallowed, but they couldn't catch a break with a puck going in Tampa's net.

I think the PP should switch sides again, I think they moved Hall to try to get Tampa guessing, but that doesn't seem to be working - there just are not enough options for Hall on that side, I like the tip play they have when he's on the other side versus the one-timer attempt from the man in the box that they didn't even try to get set up.

Hopefully Hall can be fresher with 2 days off here.  

Agree, and the PP is so predictable. Tampa D and Vasilevsky know exactly what we are going to do.