2018 Offseason Thread

LittleBallofHate

8 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Yep. And I have to add... Some of the people in those comment threads are the dumbest people on earth. 

Apparently Appleby signing in Manitoba is a huge loss and Ray is tanking the season. 

Thats why we can't have nice things

20 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I liked this, and particularly the part that highlighted the sh!t that went down following the Buffalo game. What a bunch of sh!t.

That's a great video, thanks.   That streak of goals that were called back is still mind numbing.     

I love that they never miss an opportunity to show "Henrique, it's over!"   I still proudly have a scar on the front of my shin from jumping on my friend in excitement and hitting the arm rest between us.    

Yep. And I have to add... Some of the people in those comment threads are the dumbest people on earth. 
Apparently Appleby signing in Manitoba is a huge loss and Ray is tanking the season. 

Yeah I get the follow requests too. Incredibly annoying. Those fan-run Instagram accounts are brutal. The comments are eye poison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fans are mad in MTL. Anybody think Shero can take advantage of this and take them for whatever they have left in decent players/prospect in a trade? :lol:

They probably need defense more than anything at this point which is something we can't give them really,but it would be funny  to see Shero pull a heist.

Edited by SS-SS

Just now, Nicomo said:

Would absolutely hate to lose Coleman. 

Agreed. Actually either one. But I think it’ll be worked out.

The guy who definitely had to file was William Karlsson. Talk about a tremendous negotiating position!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Filing for arbitration is standard for most players in their position. It doesn't have to mean they are getting lowballed. 

Yeah, I know. I was just annoyed.

Most likely they’ll come to terms. Both of those guys are worth more than what they will ultimately receive since they are “character guys”. 

7 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Nosen and Coleman both filing for arbitration. 

I have PTSD when it comes to arbitration thanks to Lou. Whenever I see that Devils players have filed for arbitration I still get that initial reaction of, "They're fvcked."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

I'll play along with these stupid trade proposals...........

Lightning get Karlsson

Senators get Severson, McLeod, and two number ones 

Devils get Point

Ottawa that didn't end with Point ... seems weird to say the least. But this whole Ottawa drama is since day one.. so who know ? 

5 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

I have PTSD when it comes to arbitration thanks to Lou. Whenever I see that Devils players have filed for arbitration I still get that initial reaction of, "They're fvcked."

I think Chris Ryan pointed out that out of the 30 or so players who filed for arbitration last year only one player went on to finish the process. The rest were signed in advance. 

Last Devil to go this route was Palms. Signed well before the deadline. I think we will be ok. 

Would be loathed to lose either of them.

2 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I would not trade Severson, McLeod and a 1st round pick for Brayden Point. 

Where are you seeing this report? 

I've been a little weary on Pagnotta in the past but he's been pretty good thus far this summer, think Pagnotta was actually the first to have the Tavares signing.

Thought this was interesting (esp since there's no news/it's so quiet) so I figured I'd put these few snippets here from an interview with Sergachev: 

Daria Tuboltseva: They say that the real hockey starts in the Conference finals and it’s just “hit and run” before that. Did you feel this way?

Mikhail Sergachev: It was really hard against the Devils - they really hit and run a lot. We beat them because we were more skilled. We beat the Bruins because we were faster and played tougher. It didn’t work out with Capitals. It started not very well for us, it was hard to save a series when you’re losing 0-2, but we managed to reach the seventh game. We could have won the sixth game, but it doesn’t make sense to talk about it now…

Daria Tuboltseva: That was a real fight against Devils. You had a scratched face after your fight with Brian Boyle. You give an impression as a calm person, but what happened?

Mikhail Sergachev: That was emotions. We were losing the game, which we didn’t want to lose. We got a penalty, but a referee didn’t notice that. I got on the ice and wanted to score during the last minute, but it didn’t work out. So Boyle just grabbed me. That wasn’t really a fight, we just shouted at each other and that’s all. But the next game was quiet. Emotional games happen, even in the regular season.

Daria Tuboltseva: Both teams got a penalty at the last minutes of this game. How was it started?

Mikhail Sergachev: Devils players played the whole game tough and and the referees didn’t do anything about it. Guys were very angry.

Full interview here:  https://www.rawcharge.com/2018/7/6/17540204/translation-from-championat-mikhail-sergachev-discusses-his-first-full-season-in-the-nhl

• Like 3