Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

1 hour ago, aylbert said:

Let. Go. Of. The. Past.

They are all legends on the ice.    They are not legendary coaches/management.

It’s funny to me they want some “proven” blood to run the team, but we should get rid of the GM who built a Stanley Cup winner, and go with ex-players who other than Marty, have absolutely no experience on that side of things. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Mitico12 said:

Just listened to Shero's press conference in its entirety -

Well, I think either he's delusional or he is really in the beginning phases of denial for what he has done thus far with this team.  He kept rambling on without any sense of conviction for any of the things he was communicating.  Is this guy literally out of touch?

What I find interesting was that he suggested, in his various rumblings, that Harris and Blitzer essentially had to give a blessing for him to trade Hall.  Which for me suggests that either A) Blitzer and Harris essentially told Shero there was no way they would spend that money on Hall in the offseason so therefore, trade him  or B ) They aren't as cheap as we're thinking they are because they had to approve Shero eating salary for Hall, which essentially would impact the bottom line of the organization.

I had a smidgeon of faith in Shero before all this, but after listening to him, I for certain think this guy is not the man to lead the NJ Devils forward.

If we're doing "Rebuild 2.0" let's get proven NJ Devils blood in there - Stevens, Brodeur, Elias...etc.

i love how you write a long post saying someone is delusional and out of touch etc...

Then go and suggest we get Stevens, Brodeur, Elias etc etc here. lol

I mean... you do remember John Maclean was one of the best Devils player in history right? You know... John 9-22-2 Maclean.... 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Yeah I think faith in Shero is dropping quite a bit these days. 

I didn’t watch the press conference, but I don’t need to.... that tweet tells me all I need to know. Shero is either lying through his teeth, or he’s not as bright as previously thought.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I didn’t watch the press conference, but I don’t need to.... that tweet tells me all I need to know. Shero is either lying through his teeth, or he’s not as bright as previously thought.

Honest to God the man rambles worse than Dano when asked even simple questions.  I'm not sure if this is a new thing or if this is how he's always been, I admittedly haven't watched any pressers from his days with the Penguins.

It's impossible to listen to his answers without getting confused.  Really difficult to follow his logic at times.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Watched the AZ game - couldn't sleep.  To say their broadcast team thinks they were getting the MVP Hall is an understatement - so over the top.  He was invisible until with about 4 mins left he made a great play getting past the D and digging the puck out and from behind the goal made a pretty pass leading to the GWG.  So he's off and flying in his debut. 

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm not rooting for him, I'd rather see the Coyotes fall out of playoff contention so we can grab a lower draft pick this year. 

But if they make the playoffs and win a round the conditional pick goes to a second from a third...and if they do well enough to re-sign Hall it becomes a first ...so it's better for NJ to hope they do well. 

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

But if they make the playoffs and win a round the conditional pick goes to a second from a 3rd...and if they do well enough to re-sign Hall it becomes a first ...so it's better for NJ to hope they do well. 

Hell, I hope they gel as a team and make it to the Conference Finals before getting bounced. I dont want them to win the Cup or Hall will leave, having completed his mission. I'd rather he get a taste of success and want to come back for more, signing a long-term deal with the Yotes.

Edited by slasher72

19 hours ago, Nicomo said:

It’s funny to me they want some “proven” blood to run the team, but we should get rid of the GM who built a Stanley Cup winner, and go with ex-players who other than Marty, have absolutely no experience on that side of things. 

Shero didn’t build squat, he fine tuned around two of the top five players in the sport. Rutherford won more Cups in fewer years there.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

Because baseball and football are totally comparable to hockey. Kucherov and Mackinnon have been a big part of elite teams and still have plenty of time. Top five players in the sport do tend to win a Cup or three.

Shero is basically the Mike McCarthy of NHL GM’s, parachuted in with an all time great (really two in Pitt) and only has one in over a decade.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, MB3 said:

The best players always win Stanley Cups? Worddddd that sounds dope, congrats in advance to McDavid and Kucherov and MacKinnon. Oh and if this goes to other sports, I'm pumped to find out how many Super Bowls Marino won. And Mike Trout! Modern day Mickey Mantle! He must have five or six World Series! 

Of all the people who I never figured would die on the hill of defending Ray Shero as the architect of Pittsburgh's success it was you. 

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

But if they make the playoffs and win a round the conditional pick goes to a second from a third...and if they do well enough to re-sign Hall it becomes a first ...so it's better for NJ to hope they do well. 

I don't think he's going to sign there either way so I'm rooting for them to suck. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'll root for the Yotes to do well to help NJ. Idk why you guys would want to root against them other than sour grapes. I hope Hall does well. He gave some good years here before the coaching staff really fvcked things up. I don't blame him for wanting to leave this dumpster fire and win. 

Because I'd rather have a higher first round pick than a low first round pick and a third(possibly 2nd round pick) 

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

You wouldn't rather have the second than the 3rd?

K.

Id rather have something like 10th overall than 20 something and a 3rd/2nd round pick. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'd rather have two first round picks than one first round pick. To each their own.

I'd rather have made the 2021 pick a second or third and have removed all conditions from the 2020 first rounder.  The chances are not that pie in the sky that the Coyotes end up with a top three pick this year.