Hughes or Kakko

Jerzey

Hughes or Kakko?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Shero pick?

Regarding Nolan Patrick, from what I remember even in the months leading up to the 2017 draft there were several experts who said that compared to other former first overall picks that Patrick would rank among the weakest.  He wasn't a bad player, just not as good as a lot of the other forwards taken first overall in the past 15 or so years.

If Hughes and Kakko would have been in that 2017 draft class, Nolan and even Nico would certainly have been bumped down to #3 and #4 ranking.

Someone on FB put it best the other day:

Hughes would give us a great depth, especially so since it is center depth, to our team for years to come.

Kakko, on the other hand, while a very talented player, would just make us continue to be largely a 1-line team.

I am still Hughes all the way.

• Like 4

Well....great showing today by Jack even though he wouldn't have even sniffed the ice if Dylan Larkin (Blashill's "favorite" player  :glare:) was not injured.  

Anyway, this ended things, for me, on a Positive note for Jack after all the Kakko-this and Kakko-that in the TV and Social Media. 😎

Team USA is playing for Bronze now, right? 

Edited by glenwo2

36 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Cangi: “I’ll fall off my chair if Jack Hughes isn’t the #1 pick”.

Saw the whole interview with him.

I think this puts to bed any doubt the Devils take Hughes at #1.

I feel more relaxed and looking forward to the Draft now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Saw the whole interview with him.

I think this puts to bed any doubt the Devils take Hughes at #1.

I feel more relaxed and looking forward to the Draft now.

Really? The word of a guy who isn’t even a team employee eliminates any doubt??

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Really? The word of a guy who isn’t even a team employee eliminates any doubt??

9 minutes ago, Marshall said:

Noted player analyst and prospect evaluator Stevie Cangyman.

To be fair, it's basically like they're employees of the team, and they are in and around the action and the team on a daily basis.  When Doc was doing Play by Play for us I would have held his opinion in pretty high regard in terms of his thoughts on the team.  Granted Cangi is no Doc, but no one is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

To be fair, it's basically like they're employees of the team, and they are in and around the action and the team on a daily basis.  When Doc was doing Play by Play for us I would have held his opinion in pretty high regard in terms of his thoughts on the team.  Granted Cangi is no Doc, but no one is.

Cangi was spot on though. When you have the chance to build your team deep down the middle with elite centers like Pitt did you do it. He made a good point about how much quicker Crosby and the Pens saw success than Ovi and the Caps did. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Cangi was spot on though. When you have the chance to build your team deep down the middle with elite centers like Pitt did you do it. He made a good point about how much quicker Crosby and the Pens saw success than Ovi and the Caps did. 

Yep, completely agreed.  I like Ovechkin as a player more, but if Crosby played for the Devils I'd like him 1000x more, and I'll take his 3 Cups over Ovechkin's 1 all day long.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

And though it's both way too soon and completely unfair to compare these kids to guys like that, to me that's what this draft kind of is...Hughes is the Crosby, and Kakko is the Ovechkin.  Not like you can possibly go wrong with either guy (based on general projections, anyway), but I take the Crosby-type every time (unless I'm so blessed that I've already got at least one guy like that in my system). 

BTW though there's obviously more to their games than simple glamour numbers, Crosby's averaged about 39 G and 67 A per 82 GP for his career, and Ovi's averaged 50 G and 42 A per 82 GP for his. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976