2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And so far as Shero not being able to "sell" the team and location to players, that's loser talk.  And if he ever said that to me if I owned the team, I'd fire his ass immediately.  You know how you sell the team, if you have confidence in what you're doing, say you're building a team that will be really special and players should be eager to be a part of it.  There are only so many no sales tax contracts that Tampa or Dallas can give out.

Dallas and TB have something the Devil's don't and that's a stable core. The Devil's don't have that. I'm sure players don't want to come here knowing that the team is a revolving door of talent: Parise, Kovy, and most likely Hall

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Just for shiggles, here's the Rags core (stolen from a comment on reddit):

Jacob Trouba (25)

Brady Skjei (25)

Pavel Buchnevich (24)

Brendan Lemieux (23)

Alex Georgiev (23)

Igor Sheterkin (23)

Adam Fox (21)

Brett Howden (21)

Libor Hajek (21)

Ryan Lindgren (21)

Lias Andersson (20)

Filip Chytil (19)

Vitaly Kravtsov (19)

K'Andre Miller (19)

Nils Lundkvist (18)

Kaapo Kakko (18)

Lots of unproven talent, obviously.  That goes without saying.  But holy sh!t are they stockpiling talent.

Compare it to ours and its damn close if not clearly better.. and we've had two lottery wins.

Yet our top end talent will be much better than theirs. You just showed that they have a young team. Who cares? Is Brendan lemieux proof that the rags are ahead of us? Lol...You guys sound like scorned women the way you’re triggered over the rangers doing well for themselves. Newsflash: we’re doing damn well in our rebuild, too. Be happy.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1

Just now, CarpathianForest said:

Dallas and TB have something the Devil's don't and that's a stable core. The Devil's don't have that. I'm sure players don't want to come here knowing that the team is a revolving door of talent: Parise, Kovy, and most likely Hall

It's up to the GM to not have that happen.  And if he tells you there's nothing he can do about it, he's in the wrong business and should retire and be a WalMart greeter, no offense meant for WalMart greeters.

11 minutes ago, MB3 said:

From what I heard Hall had a raging cocaine addiction and slept with two players’ girlfriends. 

It seems like he probably mellowed out when he came here but his reputation was.... not good.

And this is why I am willing to give PK a chance.

12 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I'm getting ready to crucify Shero because he's been selling us a bill of goods all these years about building the prospect pipeline and taking advantage of all this cap space when the moment is right.  Well he was gifted two lottery wins and has draft picks and cap space galore, and all signs point to him being too timid to do anything of any note at a time when he absolutely has to do it. 

The bottom line he thinks us fans are all suckers and he's probably right.

you're just impatient and doesnt seem to understand how hard it is to make things work. Everything he did up to this point has been positive or at least not impacting us negatively.

Unlike your mentality which is was Lou did. Just making moves to make moves, making desperate signings which impacted us negatively for years and patch work with over the hill guys, which is a big part of the reason we were this bad by 2015

Don't you understand how hard it is to get young talent when there's 30 teams against you? Some fans seem to think the whole world is revolving around their team its ridiculous

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MB3 said:

From what I heard Hall had a raging cocaine addiction and slept with two players’ girlfriends. 

It seems like he probably mellowed out when he came here but his reputation was.... not good.

well that's off ice stuff mostly (obviously the sleeping with teammates gf can fvck up team chemistry in the locker room if true.. but is it true? All the stuff i said about subban... ive seen it with my own eyes, it's not rumours).

When you're talking back to your coach and act like your superior to them, fight multiple teammates and the team that's a different problem. Coaches weren't calling out Hall publically for his sh!t

Anyway it's useless to talk about this anymore. with all the actual proofs (not rumours) i gave if you guys didn't change your mind already nothing will do it. Unless he gets traded to the rangers... than most with jump on the bandgwagon in a second

Edited by SterioDesign

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And so far as Shero not being able to "sell" the team and location to players, that's loser talk.  And if he ever said that to me if I owned the team, I'd fire his ass immediately.  You know how you sell the team, if you have confidence in what you're doing, say you're building a team that will be really special and players should be eager to be a part of it.  There are only so many no state income tax contracts that Tampa or Dallas can give out.

You're just way too pissy and way too full of Shero hatred right now...apparently based on the fact that it's June 18 and he hasn't somehow managed to sign any UFAs ahead of the 7/1 start date, or didn't make a deal for a guy who simply didn't have NJ on his list. 

Like I said, Shero can TRY to sell NJ to certain players, but you know full well that some players simply don't want to play for certain teams, and no amount of reverse Jedi mind tricks will change that.  Not everyone can be convinced to do something that they NEVER had any interest in doing. 

At any rate, at least give the fvcking guy a chance this offseason before continuing to bellyache in every post.  Like others have noted, at least most people wait until the first week in July to lose their collective sh!t. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

you're just impatient and doesnt seem to understand how hard it is to make things work. Everything he did up to this point has been positive or at least not impacting us negatively.

Unlike your mentality which is was Lou did. Just making moves to make moves, making desperate signings which impacted us negatively for years and patch work with over the hill guys, which is a big part of the reason we were this bad by 2015

Don't you understand how hard it is to get young talent when there's 30 teams against you? Some fans seem to think the whole world is revolving around their team its ridiculous

Lou is one of the greatest GM the sport has ever seen.  Ray's biggest claim to fame is winning a Cup by virtue of just not being a total moron. 

Welcome back Ben Lovejoy!

19 minutes ago, MB3 said:

That makes him sound even more fun than I thought!!

3 minutes ago, Anhkheg said:

Flyers acquire Braun for a couple of picks from San Jose. This sucks as they just helped the sharks out a little.

Also, fiancee's career played a role in Trouba selecting the Rangers: https://sports.yahoo.com/fiancees-career-played-role-troubas-trade-rangers-155525474--nhl.html

This Flyers deal bothers me more than the Rangers one.  The fact that they let the Sharks off the hook after the Karlsson deal is mind blowing.  Braun sucks and they paid a 2 and a 3.  I guess good for us because the Flyers made a bad deal, but Sharks are one of the teams we could potentially deal with for good value players on the cheap!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CMONPETEYD said:

This Flyers deal bothers me more than the Rangers one.  The fact that they let the Sharks off the hook after the Karlsson deal is mind blowing.  Braun sucks and they paid a 2 and a 3.  I guess good for us because the Flyers made a bad deal, but Sharks are one of the teams we could potentially deal with for good value players on the cheap!

Braun's a pretty good player, and I think a 2nd and a 3rd is a fairly even price to pay for him - the fact that the Sharks overpaid for Karlsson and put them in potential cap trouble probably means nothing to the Flyers. The Sharks are a Western Conference team, so I can't really blame them for not giving a sh!t about "letting them off the hook".

14 minutes ago, Anhkheg said:

Flyers acquire Braun for a couple of picks from San Jose. This sucks as they just helped the sharks out a little.

Also, fiancee's career played a role in Trouba selecting the Rangers: https://sports.yahoo.com/fiancees-career-played-role-troubas-trade-rangers-155525474--nhl.html

"Trouba revealed that his fiancee's aspirations to become a doctor played a role in his desire to play in the United States. On Monday, he was traded to the New York Rangers ."

IIRC, NJ is in the United States.

• Like 3

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Braun's a pretty good player, and I think a 2nd and a 3rd is a fairly even price to pay for him - the fact that the Sharks overpaid for Karlsson and put them in potential cap trouble probably means nothing to the Flyers. The Sharks are a Western Conference team, so I can't really blame them for not giving a sh!t about "letting them off the hook".

His underlying numbers suck (Cosi/Shot supression etc) and he was shielded by Vlasic.  All of the SJ Fan reactions to this are positive.  

Doesn't make sense to buy out MacDonald (pylon) and then trade assets for Braun (Pylon).

Also saw something saying he was 4th worst defenseman in NHL offensively somewhere

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

"Trouba revealed that his fiancee's aspirations to become a doctor played a role in his desire to play in the United States. On Monday, he was traded to the New York Rangers ."

The accountant who posts here (@Point) can correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard that NJ residents who own professional hockey teams don't have to pay state income tax if their team has a sufficient amount  of unused cap space over a six year period.  Any truth to that?

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

And it's almost like there are tons of great hospitals in NJ where one could seek employment.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

And it's almost like there are tons of great hospitals in NJ where one could seek employment.

I hope she gets a residency at a NJ hospital so he ends up having to live here anyway and he has to drive past the prudential center on his way through the stupid tunnel every day and then one day when we win the cup and the Rangers are in last place he gets stuck in traffic because of the parade and then he poops his pants. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, CMONPETEYD said:

His underlying numbers suck (Cosi/Shot supression etc) and he was shielded by Vlasic.  All of the SJ Fan reactions to this are positive.  

Doesn't make sense to buy out MacDonald (pylon) and then trade assets for Braun (Pylon).

Also saw something saying he was 4th worst defenseman in NHL offensively somewhere

I didn't watch enough Sharks games to know if he was truly protected by some better d-men on his team, so I'll take your word for it.  However, fans of a team losing a player, whether it be in a trade, through free agency, or what have you, have always reacted positively to losing said player, since the beginning of time.  It doesn't matter if the Penguins traded Crosby tomorrow for Pavel Zacha, fans would find a way to say it was the right move.  

I did see that Braun was a -14 last year, but I'm not someone who puts a lot of emphasis on +/-.

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I hope she gets a residency at a NJ hospital so he ends up having to live here anyway and he has to drive past the prudential center on his way through the stupid tunnel every day and then one day when we win the cup and the Rangers are in last place he gets stuck in traffic because of the parade and then he poops his pants. 

It's only June 18th, but this might be post of the year.  

• Like 1