GDT: Devils @ Flyers 7:30 PM

Jerzey

This team turns the puck over constantly. Stupid passes that are high risk, east west, up the middle, you name it. Compounding that is that they look like they can’t control a puck for their lives. It’s no wonder they can’t string three passes together. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

They need to go to LA and play roller hockey and then sign the loudmouth kid who reminds them how to play hockey. 

I’ve seen it work before. 

the first game also reminded me of their first varsity game where they all scored amazing goals, took a big lead and got everyone excited.

Then suddenly they couldnt play defence at all and the other team came back and won. Then they almost lost their scolarship. what a mess. 

So what they really need now is to PICK UP THE TRASH !!!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

the first game also reminded me of their first varsity game where they all scored amazing goals, took a big lead and got everyone excited.

Then suddenly they couldnt play defence at all and the other team came back and won. Then they almost lost their scolarship. what a mess. 

So what they really need now is to PICK UP THE TRASH !!!!

Pretty sure the other team came back and they tied. 

Maybe Andy needs to give up his spot and become a coach like Charlie...

• Like 1

I watched most of the game last night and turned it off after Flyers made it 4-0.  Looks like I didn't miss much after that.  Some thoughts:

1) Hynes needs to be gone, immediately.  He clearly is in over his head at this point and looks clueless behind the bench.  At this point he is throwing sh!t against the wall and hoping it sticks.  The fact that Hayden/Rooney/Wood had more TOI than Hughes by a country mile by the end of the first period is very telling.  I haven't seen that level of roster/bench ineptitude since the Sutter days, and I don't think he wasn't that bad.

Also, let's face it; Hynes is a loser.  Yeah he may be a great teaching coach (though I struggle to point to a single instance or player that he helped develop in his time here) but the guy has and probably never will win anything.  What did he win as an AHL coach?  Nothing and he won't win anything on the NHL level.  I know we all rag on PDB on here, but at least that guy won something in juniors before he was made an NHL HC and took two different teams in the SCF in the past 10 years.  He is being exposed as he no longer has Hall/KK cover up for him like they did in 17-18 and he can't use the piss-poor roster quality like 18-19.

2) Hall is making easier with each passing game for me not to miss him if he doesn't re-sign.  His best game so far this season was his first pre-season game and has been slowly downhill since.  He was easily the worst player on his line last night by a decent margin.

3) Schneider was awesome last night.  He even took the blame for their loss last night!  Why is beyond me, but if I were him I would be raging about how my piss poor coach has been putting me in a bad spot night after night with his lack of preparation.

4) In the predictions thread I stated that by December Simmonds will be a regular healthy scratch.  I may need to amend that to November.

5)  Hughes played his best game last night.  He looked pretty good with Coleman with him and I like those two together.  Wish he got more ice team though.  I don't think even Hischier was this sheltered in his rookie season.  Simmonds was a disaster as he just kept slowing those two down.

6) Hayden and Wood sucks.  Nothing more to say is needed.

7) Palms had a bad night.  Frankly, I feel like he has been pretty invisible all year, including the pre-season.

8.  PK is trying to do way too much.  I think he knows this team is delicate at this point.

9) Vats is also making it easier on me to not miss him when we don't re-sign him this off-season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I watched most of the game last night and turned it off after Flyers made it 4-0.  Looks like I didn't miss much after that.  Some thoughts:

1) Hynes needs to be gone, immediately.  He clearly is in over his head at this point and looks clueless behind the bench.  At this point he is throwing sh!t against the wall and hoping it sticks.  The fact that Hayden/Rooney/Wood had more TOI than Hughes by a country mile by the end of the first period is very telling.  I haven't seen that level of roster/bench ineptitude since the Sutter days, and I don't think he wasn't that bad.

Also, let's face it; Hynes is a loser.  Yeah he may be a great teaching coach (though I struggle to point to a single instance or player that he helped develop in his time here) but the guy has and probably never will win anything.  What did he win as an AHL coach?  Nothing and he won't win anything on the NHL level.  I know we all rag on PDB on here, but at least that guy won something in juniors before he was made an NHL HC and took two different teams in the SCF in the past 10 years.  He is being exposed as he no longer has Hall/KK cover up for him like they did in 17-18 and he can't use the piss-poor roster quality like 18-19.

2) Hall is making easier with each passing game for me not to miss him if he doesn't re-sign.  His best game so far this season was his first pre-season game and has been slowly downhill since.  He was easily the worst player on his line last night by a decent margin.

3) Schneider was awesome last night.  He even took the blame for their loss last night!  Why is beyond me, but if I were him I would be raging about how my piss poor coach has been putting me in a bad spot night after night with his lack of preparation.

4) In the predictions thread I stated that by December Simmonds will be a regular healthy scratch.  I may need to amend that to November.

5)  Hughes played his best game last night.  He looked pretty good with Coleman with him and I like those two together.  Wish he got more ice team though.  I don't think even Hischier was this sheltered in his rookie season.  Simmonds was a disaster as he just kept slowing those two down.

7) Palms had a bad night.  Frankly, I feel like he has been pretty invisible all year, including the pre-season.

8.  PK is trying to do way too much.  I think he knows this team is delicate at this point.

9) Vats is also making it easier on me to not miss him when we don't re-sign him this off-season.

I think point number four is wrong, because point number six are still on the roster.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Outstanding points all around. I’m really glad to read others feeling damn near identical to me.

As for the bolded: I think PK is trying to lead by doing. He’s trying to create and of course the moron twins behind the bench are letting it happen cause why not, they’re fvcking clueless as it is.

MadDog last night said there were few of any Hynes apologists left, but they are out there, and the GM is one of them. As you said, Hynes is trash at developing players. He’s allowed Wood’s ego to make him an even less effective player than he was last year and he’s only gotten worse since he came close to 20. Zacha, the 2018-2019 whipping boy, was off to a great start to the season, so why not scratch him to send that message of “you’re doing great, so fvck you, get to the press box.” Load management for Boqvist is him trying to show he learned from his mistake handling Bratt. Problem is, you don’t fvck with a guy on a heater in the middle of the goddamn heater. But hey, momentum is clearly not a thing in that idiot’s eyes. It’s not like we’ve been swirling the toilet bowl completely out of control since Cory got hurt in game fvcking one or anything. Hynes has had zero answers for getting kicked in the teeth for essentially 7 straight periods and a 3 damn day break.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I think point number four is wrong, because point number six are still on the roster.

Rooney and Hayden are terrible hockey players, but because they have "energy" they will be given spots.  Simmonds just looks slow and disinterested.  I also think they would rather scratch him and just give him 8 minutes a night.

Thankfully Shero had the wisdom to only give Simmonds a 1-year deal.

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Outstanding points all around. I’m really glad to read others feeling damn near identical to me.

As for the bolded: I think PK is trying to lead by doing. He’s trying to create and of course the moron twins behind the bench are letting it happen cause why not, they’re fvcking clueless as it is.

MadDog last night said there were few of any Hynes apologists left, but they are out there, and the GM is one of them. As you said, Hynes is trash at developing players. He’s allowed Wood’s ego to make him an even less effective player than he was last year and he’s only gotten worse since he came close to 20. Zacha, the 2018-2019 whipping boy, was off to a great start to the season, so why not scratch him to send that message of “you’re doing great, so fvck you, get to the press box.” Load management for Boqvist is him trying to show he learned from his mistake handling Bratt. Problem is, you don’t fvck with a guy on a heater in the middle of the goddamn heater. But hey, momentum is clearly not a thing in that idiot’s eyes. It’s not like we’ve been swirling the toilet bowl completely out of control since Cory got hurt in game fvcking one or anything. Hynes has had zero answers for getting kicked in the teeth for essentially 7 straight periods and a 3 damn day break.

The issue I have with Hynes is that there is no consistency ever.  He likes to say all the normal coaching clichés but rarely, if ever, follows through.  Instead after each loss we get the same canned response about the "compete level" needs to be higher.  He preaches load management for Boqvist but Hughes has been in every game so far.  He talks about production and offense is going to be his system but if so, why he is putting guys like Gusev on the fourth line (last game) while giving others more minutes?

I also think the guy is just plainly a loser.  Like I said in my previous post he has never won anything and probably never will.  The suck stench is permanently attached to him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

The issue I have with Hynes is that there is no consistency ever.  He likes to say all the normal coaching clichés but rarely, if ever, follows through.  Instead after each loss we get the same canned response about the "compete level" needs to be higher.  He preaches load management for Boqvist but Hughes has been in every game so far.  He talks about production and offense is going to be his system but if so, why he is putting guys like Gusev on the fourth line (last game) while giving others more minutes?

I also think the guy is just plainly a loser.  Like I said in my previous post he has never won anything and probably never will.  The suck stench is permanently attached to him.

Hynes' pressers are bad - his response to why the penalty kill didn't work last night was completely incoherent. But I'm not with you on the rest of your complaints.

Jack has played every game over Boqvist because his offensive upside is higher - overall when he gets things going he will make the team significantly better - we saw the beginning of that last night - though, Hughes was played in favorable situations. If Hughes continues to play like he did in game 1 and 2, he probably will be scratched eventually. I don't see that happening, though, of course he'll make mistakes here and there. Boqvist looks good too and that he's not in the lineup everyday right now, tells me the team believes that he might actually last with us the whole season. If the team is in the playoff race, he could need to play every day, so in the first 40 games, he won't.

Gusev was placed on the fourth line because he's terrible at defense and he's a winger so there was a spot for him there. Hynes wants offensive production - who doesn't? But if a player is a liability out there his minutes have to be limited. After that second game, I myself called for him to be tried on the first line with Hall-Hischier. Indeed it happened, and early on there was some promising offense produced, but overall the line didn't have a good two-way game.

Oh and also, Gusev has averaged 15:30 TOI so far, almost a minute more than Jack, and 5th among the team's forwards.

Edited by Neb00rs

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

PK is always trying to do too much that's kind of the thing. Often he has a clear path to make a pass but he just needs to do something flashy first... then makes the pass but sometimes that extra second makes it that an opportunity is gone. I really really really hope this is something he can learn to stop. It's fun to watch and all but its driving players insane waiting for the passes

Overall i do not panic yet, on paper we should be better than this. Look at the blues last season. They were almost last in the league and won the fvcking cup. The year we lost to LA in the finals they were HORRIBLE. Actually most teams having success in the post season went through a rough patch in the season, might as well get it sooner than later.

And i mean... just look at Tampa last year

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

PK is always trying to do too much that's kind of the thing. Often he has a clear path to make a pass but he just needs to do something flashy first... then makes the pass but sometimes that extra second makes it that an opportunity is gone. I really really really hope this is something he can learn to stop. It's fun to watch and all but its driving players insane waiting for the passes

Overall i do not panic yet, on paper we should be better than this. Look at the blues last season. They were almost last in the league and won the fvcking cup. The year we lost to LA in the finals they were HORRIBLE. Actually most teams having success in the post season went through a rough patch in the season, might as well get it sooner than later.

And i mean... just look at Tampa last year

Both LA and the Blues got better after their fired their coaches.

Tampa lost because they were/looked unprepared.  At least some of that falls on the coaches shoulders there.

20 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Both LA and the Blues got better after their fired their coaches.

Tampa lost because they were/looked unprepared.  At least some of that falls on the coaches shoulders there.

Yeah seriously on LA and St Louis, if anything, the fact they got significantly better (aka became champions) after firing their inept coaches with as talented rosters as they had only proves our point that Hynes must be fired.  

Tampa didn’t have a single threat to the division nor the conference last year. zero adversity. Then when they got kicked in the teeth, they couldn’t recover.