2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

10 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

We all liked him but his contract is horrible, like almost 6 million a year until the end of the 23-24 season and he has like 4 points in 16 games this year. 

That’s the thing. His contract blows. Otherwise I’d be 100% on trying to bring him back. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

That's pretty shocking. 

Loved Rico, but just doesn't feel like there is a place here. 

He’s really not that good.  Had his 30-goal season and provided two wonderful memories in 2012, but he’s just nothing special...and is now wildly overpaid to boot. 

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He’s really not that good.  Had his 30-goal season and provided two wonderful memories in 2012, but he’s just nothing special...and is now wildly overpaid to boot. 

I admittedly can’t remember the last time I actually watched him play but 26 goals last year in 71 games is pretty good production, even at 6 million 

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

I admittedly can’t remember the last time I actually watched him play but 26 goals last year in 71 games is pretty good production, even at 6 million 

Sure, but it’s not like he’s doing that consistently from year to year.  Also doesn’t put up many assists.  I’m not saying he’s bad...just pretty ordinary.  I think sometimes people remember him as being a lot better than he really was.  

3 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

That's pretty shocking. 

Loved Rico, but just doesn't feel like there is a place here. 

I don't see it either. Nico, Hughes, Zacha, Zajac, McLeod. Center depth is strong at the moment. Even at LW there is enough promise where I don't think Henrique fits among Goose, Bratt, Johnsson, Kuokk, Wood for the next 4-5 years. 

• Like 1