2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

11 minutes ago, eldon said:

Someone explain please.

"...and Suter was known for lobbying Leipold, a move that would backfire in any company."

Yeah, I didn’t know what the hell that meant either. 

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

‘Going over your boss’ head to their boss when you don’t get your way is generally frowned upon’ is what that statement is conveying.

Thanks for the clarification. I even googled it real quick and couldn’t get a straight answer lol. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yeah, I didn’t know what the hell that meant either. 

Thanks for the clarification. I even googled it real quick and couldn’t get a straight answer lol. 

In the full article, near the end it specifically mentions that Suter would run directly to the Owner to complain about playing time.   

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Well that’s worded a bit eerily….

Yeah, but it’s good. It won’t be his Final Destination. So a butterfly will not land on a tree branch, causing it to snap and send the attached beehive crashing to the ground, where a grizzly bear will be attracted to the honey and while it tries to cross the street, an 18 wheeler pulling huge logs will not swerve causing all of the logs to fall from the truck, blocking traffic in both directions while Tarasenko gets explosive diarrhea but cannot get to a bathroom or hospital and will not die of a brain hemorrhage caused by the stress of trying to hold it in.

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah, but it’s good. It won’t be his Final Destination. So a butterfly will not land on a tree branch, causing it to snap and send the attached beehive crashing to the ground, where a grizzly bear will be attracted to the honey and while it tries to cross the street, an 18 wheeler pulling huge logs will not swerve causing all of the logs to fall from the truck, blocking traffic in both directions while Tarasenko gets explosive diarrhea but cannot get to a bathroom or hospital and will not die of a brain hemorrhage caused by the stress of trying to hold it in.

Really wordy way to say the Space Needle is going to snap in half and penetrate his eye, a la Itchy and Scratchy

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

If this scene isn’t in the next Final Destination movie I’m demanding a refund.

1 hour ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

But this must be from last year? The dates in the article are fvcked. He was no where near the cup this year.

Tampa shared the cup with last year's team too because many never got their day with it to take it where they wanted(due to covid) . 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

That's kind of  fvcked up actually. What if they had an ex player on Montreal from last year? That would  have been very awkward 

That player would have still earned their right to spend a day with the Cup last year, so I don’t see the problem.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

How far the mighty have fallen. This officially locks in the fact that he lost at least $20-25m by not signing here at his peak.

IIRC, I was reading that Hall's agent was the one who was mostly driving that negotiation and advised Hall he was worth the $9M+ a season.  If that's true, I would be really pissed at that agent if I were him now.

• Like 1