The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

That’s unfortunate if anything happens to Mac or Bernier. As much as Wedge was disliked by some, he’s a decent 3rd option while Daws and Schmid get some experience. 

I would take a shooter tutor over Wedgewood at this point.  That bozo needed to be gone this past offseason.

29 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I would take a shooter tutor over Wedgewood at this point.  That bozo needed to be gone this past offseason.

No you’re right. He wasn’t very good but he was re-signed to hang out in the AHL. Shooter tutors probably play with a little more consistency. He’s 29 with 10 career wins in 40 games and a .902. Definitely should not have been counted on for the big club.  I didn’t realize just how bad his overall numbers were. I thought he played decently last year but my memories are not backed up at all by the stats  

The Devils have had terrible goalie luck these last few years so a better 3rd goalie would have been nice.  Then again, it’s hard for a team to carry a decent 3rd string because you don’t want to waste a roster spot on them or put them on waivers. I guess they felt Wedge was a guy who could slip through without being claimed. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56

On 11/2/2021 at 7:12 PM, point said:

Any chance that Jim Dolan and Comcast get a deal done? Dolan must think that after Knicks absolutely sucking for decades the 5-2 start will entice starving Knicks fans to pay anything to watch the NBA. Hockey is just collateral damage. I am facing too many nights of Food Network waiting for this stalemate to get settled.

Guess not. Channels removed and RSN fee going down $3 a month. At least I'll get to see home games on MSG while recovering with sister and brother.

1 hour ago, CarpathianForest said:

Daws did just as good as Wedge

55 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Better, honestly. Daws was really good in his first game. 

Daws was a victim of a team coming out and running us over. And, I think, was pulled early so as to not upset a guy with like 70 minutes played in the league. I would have rather seen how he responded, even if it meant a heavier shelling. 

speculating on hamilton, if it is a block shot and they determined there was something there.

these injury reports are ridiculous, fvck this org

i just did a bone bruise and it feels like you can still use it but it also felt legit broke, took 3 months.

bone bruise is a misnomer; im not a doc

I was thinking back to the 2011 draft, the first draft I ever closely followed. I was reminded of this video (lol young Dougie):

Dougie mentions Nieds as one of his favorite players growing up. I didn't think much of another video posted recently, showing Dougie meeting Nieds in NJ:

At 0:37, Dougie says he wore 27 because of Nieds, which I didn't catch the first time around. All this to say thanks to Nieds for probably unknowingly contributing to bringing Hamilton to NJ!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

so with us not scoring much and Tarasenko having 4 goals and 7 assists in 9 games. Could that jumpstart interest again possibly ? 

I would hope so. The question is, will St. Louis be willing to move him now?

Edited by MadDog2020

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I would hope so. The question is, will St. Louis be willing to move him now?

Yeah I think the problem is that we don’t really know where things stand between Tarasenko and St. Louis.  Does he even still really want out?  Or has that all simmered down?

Assuming he’s even available, I’m guessing the conversation starts with Holtz + 2022 1st rounder + another piece.  Not saying that I’d endorse that, just saying that if Tarasenko is fully healthy and playing like his old self, no more getting him for cheap.

• Like 1