GDT: Devils @ Pittsburgh 7:00 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

On one hand, having games spaced this far apart sucks because I'm dying to watch more Devils hockey.

On the other hand, fewer games means fewer opportunities to get fvcking annoyed all the time with this team.

I'm ready to be annoyed. LGD.

And of course Crosby is back today, fully expecting him to put up a hat-trick and shows zero signs of rust.

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

pittsburgh has come out the gates BUZZING and they get crosby back tonight.

6-2 pens. in my mind we’re a trash hockey team until Nico steps up and plays like the captain of this franchise.

I’m not sure why people are being so critical of Nico. He has 2 points in 5 games, and also had a goal (maybe two?) waived off by a tenth of a second. If he had 4 points in 5 games, would you feel the same?

On top of that, the rest of the team is also not doing sh!t. It’s really easy to say “it’s his job to lead them, he’s the captain”, but I’m not sure it really works like that. 

I know having a meltdown is an NJDevs tradition now, but it’s WAY early and the team has been too compromised (1&2 goalies plus Jack) to make that assessment at this point. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m not sure why people are being so critical of Nico. He has 2 points in 5 games, and also had a goal (maybe two?) waived off by a tenth of a second. If he had 4 points in 5 games, would you feel the same?

On top of that, the rest of the team is also not doing sh!t. It’s really easy to say “it’s his job to lead them, he’s the captain”, but I’m not sure it really works like that. 

I know having a meltdown is an NJDevs tradition now, but it’s WAY early and the team has been too compromised (1&2 goalies plus Jack) to make that assessment at this point. 

Yeah i mean... if Nico wasn't captain... someone else would be... and by default, that captain would also not be doing that much more haha

Edited by SterioDesign

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It’s not so much that he’s the captain, but that he’s supposed to be our best offensive player not named Jack Hughes. And so far guys like Zacha and Mercer have looked way better than Nico has. He’s just not creating very much. 

i think after what we saw so far, nico is gonna be a travis zajac like player. 

11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It’s not so much that he’s the captain, but that he’s supposed to be our best offensive player not named Jack Hughes. And so far guys like Zacha and Mercer have looked way better than Nico has. He’s just not creating very much. 

1 minute ago, pumpkin cutter said:

i think after what we saw so far, nico is gonna be a travis zajac like player. 

Agreed, thinking of him as your second best offensive player will lead you to never being happy with his performance. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

As you say on an incredibly regular basis " If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle". And surely you of all people know how ALMOST scoring works round these parts. You don't get a pass for that. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Agreed, thinking of him as your second best offensive player will lead you to never being happy with his performance. 

What is he then? Because if he isn't supposed to be that then this team is a lot further away from contending than we need to be. 

This needs to be the year he shows what he has got. 

• Like 1