GDT: Devils @ San Jose 10:30 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

Seves actually doing something good.

5-3-2 through 10.  Not sure how but I’m takin’ it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Severson....Ruff is either crazy or a genius. 

Or he listens to me (or maybe I'm crazy)

Ruff don’t you dare give Severson a single shift in OT. 

If it goes to shootout, I put that motherfvcker in there and tell him to score or he's done.

Edited by NJDfan1711

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Wow...do we really have a 4 day break before we get another game?

This season's schedule has been stupid.  We've already had multiple 3-4 day breaks.  I don't understand why the season is going to the end of April/early May this year, instead of early April like every other year.

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

This season's schedule has been stupid.  We've already had multiple 3-4 day breaks.  I don't understand why the season is going to the end of April/early May this year, instead of early April like every other year.

Olympic break

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

We play the 9th

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I see....we play the 9th, Tuesday, and the game is on ESPN + again....gag

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Sharangovich played eight minutes tonight and 10 minutes yesterday. He’s earned that amount of ice time, but we need a different player in his spot now and Sharangovich needs to play a regular shift in the minors.

Sharonblowvich

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, MB3 said:

They called the devils “directionless” under ruff. they didn’t say it in too damning of a way; but they said the devils play a loose system that leaves a lot to be desired. 

They think nico is struggling because of the pressure of the captaincy. pointed out multiple times that he was the youngest captain in the league and said they’ve talked to tons of guys who have said, essentially, “heavy is the head that wears the crown.”

It’s an interesting comment about the Devils being directionless. We seem to struggle with puck possession with Hughes hurt, and it’s even tougher with Hamilton out. 

One problem I see is that this team should have skating, creativity and speed as their identity, but they don’t always play that way. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Nico was feeling the pressure of the C.

8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

thats fine, gives more time to Hamilton to heal

As others have mentioned, Devils play Tues.

Lots of games coming up, starting with that one…13 games in 25 days.  Going to be tough not having Jack…feels like it’s mostly on Bernier and Mac to carry this team until Jack can play again.

9 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

It’s an interesting comment about the Devils being directionless. We seem to struggle with puck possession with Hughes hurt, and it’s even tougher with Hamilton out. 

One problem I see is that this team should have skating, creativity and speed as their identity, but they don’t always play that way. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Nico was feeling the pressure of the C.

coach ruff talked to devils changing strategy after hughes went down, and wood

from a speed team to more of a chase and battle type strategy

it was a couple games after hughes when i heard it i thought, oh boy

11 hours ago, MB3 said:

bizarre reaction to the devils eking out a shootout victory to win their first game on the west coast trip against the three worst teams in the western conference. 

More bizarre than calling for the head coach to be fired after playing .500 hockey without our star center and now our star defensemen. I was mostly calling it out because Lindy put Bratt and Severson in the shootout and probably told them something along the lines of "hey a$$holes, if you don't win us this shootout, I'm benching your useless asses next game"

And luckily we all know if it was still Deboer or Hynes here, we blow the 2-2 tie with 30 seconds left in the 3rd anyway. I'm willing to give Lindy a whole seasons look. 

56 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

More bizarre than calling for the head coach to be fired after playing .500 hockey without our star center and now our star defensemen. I was mostly calling it out because Lindy put Bratt and Severson in the shootout and probably told them something along the lines of "hey a$$holes, if you don't win us this shootout, I'm benching your useless asses next game"

And luckily we all know if it was still Deboer or Hynes here, we blow the 2-2 tie with 30 seconds left in the 3rd anyway. I'm willing to give Lindy a whole seasons look. 

Pretty sure most posts around here and elsewhere have been more about firing Nas and Recchi than Ruff. 

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Also without an injured starting and back up goalie for a week. The team hasn’t been healthy yet and won’t be until December (not including Wood) . I’m glad they are still picking up points here and there and it’s way too soon to throw it on Ruff.