2022 Free Agency thread

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Kinda starting to feel like the Devils are JG's third choice.  Doesn't mean that they won't get him, and we won't care about that if he signs here.  But I'm guessing that he'll take the Isles over the Devils, as long as the offer from the Islanders is close.

I haven’t seen or heard anything that would make me feel that way. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I haven’t seen or heard anything that would make me feel that way. 

Just one fan's hunch.  Not based on anything all that concrete.

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Kinda starting to feel like the Devils are JG's third choice.  Doesn't mean that they won't get him, and we won't care about that if he signs here.  But I'm guessing that he'll take the Isles over the Devils, as long as the offer from the Islanders is close.

what's giving you this impression exactly?

2 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

People are getting antsy, either way I wish he would make a decision (the right one of course sooner than later) 

It happens every year. We’re 3 hours into free agency and trying to land the biggest fish in the pond. 

10 minutes ago, Crisis said:

His legend increases. I was always meh on Jagr until he played here. I went to the game where he got a hat trick against Philly. 3rd goal was an empty netter but still was awesome. Good sense of humor still.

I'd for real take him and play him some home games on 4th line and PP for a gag. 

Edited by RizzMB30

Just now, MB3 said:

in the body of the paragraph: "if you split up his sample size to only his last 11GP and extrapolate it over 82GP he's had...." 

Guilty

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Who said this?

Someone in his camp straight to me. Sounds vague and it is a vague answer and that is literally all I can say.

And I'm willing to be beaten up over it but so be it

It's accurate but I understand if you discount it. All good

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Someone in his camp straight to me. Sounds vague and it is a vague answer and that is literally all I can say.

And I'm willing to be beaten up over it but so be it

It's accurate but I understand if you discount it. All good

I think I remember you talking about him before while he was on WAS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

NHL Network saying the Devils are above $10, Islanders are below $10. 

Makes me wonder why this is still lingering. It took forever for the Devils and Hamilton to iron out the fine details last year, the optimistic side of me says that's the hold up. 

The negative side of me says Fletcher is in touch with the Gaudreau camp saying "we think we've got a JVR trade. Hang tight." 

Didn't Philly make their cap space even tighter by signing Braun and Deslauriers?

28 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

To that end, I believe it was after 5pm when we signed Hamilton, I recall being in the car driving home when that news hit. 

It was well after 5. I was also in the car when I got the news, and I work til 6 every night.