Your New Jersey Devils Regular Season Thread: 2022-2023 Edition

Crisis

There has to be a trade or a roster move coming. You don't carry three goalies. You cannot send down Blackwood after how he's bounced back. You can't touch Vanecek after how great he's looked. But you also can't really go 11F 6D 3G, right? That's not sustainable at all. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

There has to be a trade or a roster move coming. You don't carry three goalies. You cannot send down Blackwood after how he's bounced back. You can't touch Vanecek after how great he's looked. But you also can't really go 11F 6D 3G, right? That's not sustainable at all. 

Severson for a forward- especially with Palat out- would make sense…..

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Severson for a forward- especially with Palat out- would make sense…..

Shades of Henrique for Vatanen...only the Devils are the ones getting a forward instead of moving one.  

22 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Technically they could roster 13f, 7d, 3g and just rotate the goalies in and out of the lineup. But that doesn’t seem like a good long term plan. I think we still have a few weeks. Bernier should absolutely go to Utica on a conditioning assignment. Perhaps they try him through waivers just to see if there’s any one interested. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Technically they could roster 13f, 7d, 3g and just rotate the goalies in and out of the lineup. But that doesn’t seem like a good long term plan. I think we still have a few weeks. Bernier should absolutely go to Utica on a conditioning assignment. Perhaps they try him through waivers just to see if there’s any one interested. 

No way he’s claimed with that cap hit. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

They aren’t going to carry 3 goalies. Someone is going to have to go. That someone is likely going to be Bernier. 

Send Bernier to Utica for a conditioning assignment and try to showcase him for a trade at 50% retained down there.  If no takers, put Bernier through waivers.  If he's claimed, then good for him and it gets his salary off the books.  If he is not claimed (which he won't be with that cap hit), then he's a really good insurance policy in Utica for the rest of the season.  Owners will not like paying him $4.6 million to be an AHL G, and he will take time away from Daws and Schmid which is not ideal, but you really don't have much other choice.  No point in releasing him and having a dead cap hit for the next 2 seasons from doing it IMO.

24 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Send Bernier to Utica for a conditioning assignment and try to showcase him for a trade at 50% retained down there.  If no takers, put Bernier through waivers.  If he's claimed, then good for him and it gets his salary off the books.  If he is not claimed (which he won't be with that cap hit), then he's a really good insurance policy in Utica for the rest of the season.  Owners will not like paying him $4.6 million to be an AHL G, and he will take time away from Daws and Schmid which is not ideal, but you really don't have much other choice.  No point in releasing him and having a dead cap hit for the next 2 seasons from doing it IMO.

Agreed, and there is always the chance (if he is well enough) someone’s goalie gets hurt and we can trade him. 

Even if one of our goalies is hurt, I would rather give Daws that chance, especially since technically we can’t afford Bernier anyway. I have to imagine that, when planning this season’s cap, the Devils had no intention of Bernier remaining here. 

I'd either fill in the upper two white sleeve stripes with red, or eliminate the middle white sleeve stripe and then fill in the area between the two white stripes with red.  Otherwise that upper white stripe looks like a piece of tape.

But yeah, I would love those.  

33 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Biznasty becoming a believer?

hahahah he’s trolling devils fans a little bit. he says any time a devils fan sees him they scream about how good jesper bratt is and if he hears “jesper bratt” one more time he’s gonna off himself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, MB3 said:

hahahah he’s trolling devils fans a little bit. he says any time a devils fan sees him they scream about how good jesper bratt is and if he hears “jesper bratt” one more time he’s gonna off himself. 

Someone tell him I said “Jesper Bratt” and then tell him he has engaged in hyperbole when he does not off himself. 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 11:53 PM, NJDevils1214 said:

Jack keeping up his streak of horrible interviews lol (at the end)

I think it's intentional at this point. They are literally quoting Hischier and Bratt back to Jack and Jack is basically, "Yeah, it's fun winning." 

I hope they keep trying to get Jack to say things. 

Edited by RizzMB30