GDT: 12/20/2022 Devils @ Hurricanes 7:00PM EST

MB3

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

That's exactly the kind of play I think the review should be used for. Obvious offsides call, not something off by millimeters that takes 10min to make a decision on.

I mean if you are in favor of it for obviously blown calls, that was in fact the prototypical example. I guess they were too busy watching Burns turn our team inside out lol. 

Well that was fvcking weak. 

Dano is right in his analysis....Siegenthalr should've taken the player with the puck.  Hard to completely fault him for that because as a defender you're told and taught to take the passer....but you gotta read and trust your teammates and it looked like we had a forward (Bratt?) coming back to help

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Dano is right in his analysis....Siegenthalr should've taken the player with the puck.  Hard to completely fault him for that because as a defender you're told and taught to take the passer....but you gotta read and trust your teammates and it looked like we had a forward (Bratt?) coming back to help

Exactly, you’re taught that on a 2 on 1 break, we had 3 guys back. 

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

That's exactly the kind of play I think the review should be used for. Obvious offsides call, not something off by millimeters that takes 10min to make a decision on.

Referee's need to keep up with the play and the linesmen need to watch the blueline. 

The video review is replacing referees on the offsides calls almost entirely because they consistently are missed.