New Around The League Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

3 hours ago, Lateralous said:

Damn, that package could have almost landed them Timo Meier 

Nothing to see here folks, just Poile absolutely fleecing Tampa. 

I've only seen limited action of Tanner Jeannot but wtf are they thinking? 

Why couldn't Foote plus a first get it done? That's already overpaying. 

Edited by RizzMB30

20 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Yeah seriously great job by Poile.

And on another note, notice how GMs are really not fvcking around anymore...a lot of the big fish are being reeled in well ahead of the deadline.

1 minute ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Listening to 32 Thoughts and they're fawning about "How great for the game Kane on Broadway" is going to be. Honestly - outside of Ranger fans - who actually gives a fvck?

I don't think this improves their team defense, which seems to be the Rangers issue. 

Whatever, we'll see. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Listening to 32 Thoughts and they're fawning about "How great for the game Kane on Broadway" is going to be. Honestly - outside of Ranger fans - who actually gives a fvck?

The jock sniffers at ESPN will be all over it.  

• Like 1

I'm already really happy with the news lately, but I've also had a personal victory today. I've been working on a friend of mine that's been a very casual hockey fan and claimed the Rags for years. I've been getting him to tune into more Devils games and... Yadda yadda yadda, he's finally relented.

I'm buying him a Hischier jersey!

We Got Him GIF

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RizzMB30 said:

Poile is going out with a bang. 

42 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Between Toronto and the Rags I can’t think of any more celebrated mediocre franchises. How is it great for the game? Someone no one outside of hockey knows coming to a team that hasn’t won in 30 years? Cool

Edited by Devil Dan 56

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Poile is going out with a bang. 

Between Toronto and the Rags I can’t think of any more celebrated mediocre franchises. How is it great for the game? Someone no one outside of hockey knows coming to a team that hasn’t won in 30 years? Cool

Being around forever somehow automatically equates to "long storied proud history", in some people's eyes.  This is not the Yankees and Dodgers we're talking about.  These two franchises have won ONE Cup combined since 1967...hell, the Leafs haven't even BEEN to a friggin' SCF since they last won.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

This Kane move does not worry me much. Famous last words, right? But they wouldn't be the Rangers if they didn't acquire washed-up stars. They've been doing it since before some of us "old-timers" were born. The list is long and Jacques Plante is on it (although he did pretty well after leaving the Rangers). My favorite is Ken Hodge for Rick Middleton, one of the worst trades ever.

5 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

This Kane move does not worry me much. Famous last words, right? But they wouldn't be the Rangers if they didn't acquire washed-up stars. They've been doing it since before some of us "old-timers" were born. The list is long and Jacques Plante is on it (although he did pretty well after leaving the Rangers). My favorite is Ken Hodge for Rick Middleton, one of the worst trades ever.

I hated the Middleton deal and was not to crazy about Rattelle Esposito. Now that I think about it Brad Park Carol Vadnais sucked big time too.

Edited by Rock

4 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Too many times with that franchise it's not about filling a need...it's about grabbing a name.  And then hoping that the resulting mish-mosh somehow jells.  

6 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Kane isn’t really ‘washed up’ though. He can still play. 

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Kane isn’t really ‘washed up’ though. He can still play. 

For sure, it's more is he what the Rangers really need right now?  Even their fanbase (from what I've seen) aren't that keen on Kane.

• Like 2

The Tampa trade isn't as bad as it looks. Similar to the term being used for the trade with Timo, quantity over quality. Cal Foote holds very Little value, 3,4,5th rd picks are whatever, throw ins. It's just quantity. Historically in the NHL a Cup Windows is what 4 years. JBD is actually doing his job as a GM to maximize that window because theirs is closing. It's a good trade for both sides ultimately. 

28 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Ratelle was one of those players who was very productive well into his 30s. Luckily for the Rangers, Esposito was, too. 

But trading Middleton, holy smokes!

Yes I agree about Esposito the Rangers got to the finals with the him and ooh la la Rangers.  I guess it's Because Ratelle was my favorite player and I hated to see him go to the Bruins

• Like 1

Beauvillier has really found a home in Vancouver…two more goals tonight so far and 6 G and 4 A through 10+ GP (currently playing in his 11th game as a Canuck).