New Around The League Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

8 hours ago, Nicomo said:

We should? If we win I’ll be happy but the Canes are an absolute wagon. I don’t expect to beat them. Feels like they haven’t lost back-to-back games very often this season. Hell, it usually feels like they never lose at all. 

What do you think the Devils are then?

Folks they probably will not win the Cup this year, the odds are against that as teams need to learn from defeat before the win, but it's not an impossible task.

The Devils have been one of the top 3 teams all year, it's okay to be positive about the team you root for, really, everyone can do it, just try.

The Canes have the same questions we do, is their goaltending for real no one knows until the sh!t hits the fan for both teams.

If you respect them, you should, they are a very good team, but guess what the NJ Devils are too.

That is all!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, RizzMB30 said:

Obviously a very small sample size, but Johnathan Quick is 3-0-0, .939 save percentage since coming over to Vegas....

image.thumb.png.437319ecc53698a8ae49e88951fc2c18.png

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Good for him.  It’d be a hell of a story if it turns out that he actually has a little something left.

If the Kings and Knights meet in the playoffs, it would be fun to see him turn into vintage Quick for two weeks and knock his former team out 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Patrick Sundstrom Ghost said:

Folks they probably will not win the Cup this year, the odds are against that as teams need to learn from defeat before the win, but it's not an impossible task.

The Devils have been one of the top 3 teams all year, it's okay to be positive about the team you root for, really, everyone can do it, just try.

The Canes have the same questions we do, is their goaltending for real no one knows until the sh!t hits the fan for both teams.

If you respect them, you should, they are a very good team, but guess what the NJ Devils are too.

That is all!

I don't personally think we'll win the cup this year, but I will say I think this team is better than the 2012 team. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Besides the one bad month we have been an absolute wagon too. We have almost the same record and in the past 10 we are 7-2-1 and they are 7-3. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Sundstrom Ghost said:

That is all!

No offense, but I really don’t need to be preached to about being positive. I’m usually one of the more positive people on this board when it comes to this team. All I was doing was getting out in front of the “we should beat the Canes” talk. Ofc the Devils are also a very good team, and I couldn’t be happier with how this season has gone so far. But I know how people on this board act when the Devils lose a game they “should” have won (in their minds). I just thought it was a weird comment. It wasn’t any deeper than that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I don't personally think we'll win the cup this year, but I will say I think this team is better than the 2012 team. 

Yeah that 2011-12 team had a goal differential of only +11 in the regular season (when eliminating phantom shootout goals).  And of course they earned 12 of their wins via the shootout.  That was a fun run but that team really wasn’t that great…they had so much break right for them that year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah that 2011-12 team had a goal differential of only +11 in the regular season (when eliminating phantom shootout goals).  And of course they earned 12 of their wins via the shootout.  That was a fun run but that team really wasn’t that great…they had so much break right for them that year.

They had over 100 points in the regular season and came two games from winning the Cup. They weren’t too bad. I know they won a bunch of games in the SO, but that team was a solid squad.

Edited by MadDog2020

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

They had over 100 points in the regular season and came two games from winning the Cup. They weren’t too bad. I know they won a bunch of games in the SO, but that team was a solid squad.

Yeah I’m not implying that they sucked or anything, but it definitely was a team that overachieved some.  But like I said, that playoff run was a lot of fun.  Would’ve loved to have seen how that SCF Game 6 might’ve turned out if Bernier hadn’t completely screwed his teammates with that awful boarding penalty.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah I’m not implying that they sucked or anything, but it definitely was a team that overachieved some.  But like I said, that playoff run was a lot of fun.  Would’ve loved to have seen how that SCF Game 6 might’ve turned out if Bernier hadn’t completely screwed his teammates with that awful boarding penalty.  

Or if we had just won at least one of the first two games. Kovalchuk and Fayne both hit posts that would’ve been decisive goals for the Devils if either of them had gone in. The series is completely different if we go to LA 1-1 instead of down 2-0.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

And to counter the shootout point, this team has won an unusually high amount of games in 3-on-3 OT. I do think that 2012 team was a little tougher, and probably built for the playoffs better, but this year’s team is probably more skilled overall. Another big factor is PDB>Ruff. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

And to counter the shootout point, this team has won an unusually high amount of games in 3-on-3 OT. I do think that 2012 team was a little tougher, and probably built for the playoffs better, but this year’s team is probably more skilled overall. Another big factor is PDB>Ruff. 

If I remember correctly, PDB kept young players on a really short leash. I wonder how he would have coped with the team we had the last couple of seasons?

34 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

If I remember correctly, PDB kept young players on a really short leash. I wonder how he would have coped with the team we had the last couple of seasons?

Some of the Stars young guys like Robertson and Heiskanen certainly seem to be thriving under him. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nicomo said:

No offense, but I really don’t need to be preached to about being positive. I’m usually one of the more positive people on this board when it comes to this team. All I was doing was getting out in front of the “we should beat the Canes” talk. Ofc the Devils are also a very good team, and I couldn’t be happier with how this season has gone so far. But I know how people on this board act when the Devils lose a game they “should” have won (in their minds). I just thought it was a weird comment. It wasn’t any deeper than that. 

I don't care if anyone is positive or negative, just was posting the stats cause we're a wagon too! lol 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Some of the Stars young guys like Robertson and Heiskanen certainly seem to be thriving under him. 

They were kinda established before he took over, though, right?

Like PDB was bad for Larson, and man did he love Harrold

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Or if we had just won at least one of the first two games. Kovalchuk and Fayne both hit posts that would’ve been decisive goals for the Devils if either of them had gone in. The series is completely different if we go to LA 1-1 instead of down 2-0.

Well I was having a good day, thanks. Lol. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I don't care if anyone is positive or negative, just was posting the stats cause we're a wagon too! lol 

For sure. Which is why Canes fans shouldn’t “expect” to win this one either. It’s a true tossup. 

19 minutes ago, jagknife said:

They were kinda established before he took over, though, right?

Like PDB was bad for Larson, and man did he love Harrold

Well, before we started adding guys like Hamilton, Palat, Haula, etc, he wouldn’t have really had much choice. He would had to play the youngins. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

For sure. Which is why Canes fans shouldn’t “expect” to win this one either. It’s a true tossup. 

Well, before we started adding guys like Hamilton, Palat, Haula, etc, he wouldn’t have really had much choice. He would had to play the youngins. 

He’d probably call up Mark Streit or have Fitz sign KHL legend Nigel Dawes

Small sample of course but gotta imagine the Shark faithful aren't thrilled with the early returns on Fabian so far...7 games in and he's still looking for his first point...also a -6, but that comes with playing on a bad team...the minuses simply tend to rack up, and of course, a team save% of .889 isn't helping anyone's +/-.  Dating back to his Devils days, he now has one goal over his last 32 games (he's shot just 2%, 1 goal on 50 shots)...feel for him...guy had 5 G and 8 A through his first 20 GP this season, and at that point in his career had put up 21 points (8 G and 13 A) over his last 30 NHL games...he really seemed to be settling in, in terms of being able to produce some.    

Still rooting for him...must be hard to leave a team that's convincingly turned the corner and get shoved right back into the suckbox for the foreseeable future.    

On 3/12/2023 at 8:54 AM, Patrick Sundstrom Ghost said:

You're absolutely right, but I admittedly struggle with it.

Major imposter syndrome right now with the Devils.  Not expecting a cup but man would it be sweet to win a round in the playoffs.

21 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Thanks for making me think of this again, felt like some pain on this dreary Monday morning :lol: 

Kovalchuk post at the end of regulation haunts me.  Was there with my Dad - would've been amazing.

7 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Small sample of course but gotta imagine the Shark faithful aren't thrilled with the early returns on Fabian so far...7 games in and he's still looking for his first point...also a -6, but that comes with playing on a bad team...the minuses simply tend to rack up, and of course, a team save% of .889 isn't helping anyone's +/-.  Dating back to his Devils days, he now has one goal over his last 32 games (he's shot just 2%, 1 goal on 50 shots)...feel for him...guy had 5 G and 8 A through his first 20 GP this season, and at that point in his career had put up 21 points (8 G and 13 A) over his last 30 NHL games...he really seemed to be settling in, in terms of being able to produce some.    

Still rooting for him...must be hard to leave a team that's convincingly turned the corner and get shoved right back into the suckbox for the foreseeable future.    

Had the trade occurred 3 weeks later it feels like they may have been asking for Boqvist instead of Zetterlund.  

• Like 3