GDT: 4/27/2023 Game 5 - Blowshirts @ Devils 7:30 pm Screw the blue

Colorado Rockies 1976

It was all said in the last GDT...hell of a feat to go into MSG and win BOTH games to truly make this a series!  Kudos to just about everyone involved...would be nice if Bruno could get this power play going, but at least the PK is stepping up in a big way now.

Think the Rangers are going to be feeling serious pressure at home on Saturday if they're suddenly trailing in this series?  It won't be easy (Rangers have been a tough team to play against so far in this series), but the Devils seem to have found a way to deal with what the Rangers are throwing at them.  The Rags look like a MUCH different team when they're not converting power play opportunities...just gotta stay out of the damned box.

C'mooooooooon boys...you have a hell of an opportunity on Thursday!  Make the home crowd proud!  Make those stupid punchable unwelcome invaders in blue go home despondent and depressed and bewildered and SILENT!  You can DO this!

L G M F D!!!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 4
  • EvilHeart 2

5 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

This has to be the game where we get some offensive contributions beyond Jack and the occasional D-man snipping one, right?    

Can't wait.  LFGD!! 

Here's looking at you Timo!  His stat line looks like some 1986 goon's at the moment (4 GP, 0 G, 0 A, 18 PIM).

Dawson is either red hot or ice cold when it comes to point production.  Only 21 of course and his future is bright, but I've barely noticed him this series.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Here's looking at you Timo!  His stat line looks like some 1986 goon's at the moment (4 GP, 0 G, 0 A, 18 PIM).

Dawson is either red hot or ice cold when it comes to point production.  Only 21 of course and his future is bright, but I've barely noticed him this series.

I’m hoping Timo can right the ship Thursday. Dawson just looks very nervous to me. I think he’ll be a great playoff player eventually but it might be too much for him right now 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, that’s pretty crazy. He had 15 points in 20 GP the last time SJ made the playoffs (2019) so it’s not like he’s been a playoff disappearing act in the past. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It was all said in the last GDT...hell of a feat to go into MSG and win BOTH games to truly make this a series!  Kudos to just about everyone involved...would be nice if Bruno could get this power play going, but at least the PK is stepping up in a big way now.

Think the Rangers are going to be feeling serious pressure at home on Saturday if they're suddenly trailing in this series?  It won't be easy (Rangers have been a tough team to play against so far in this series), but the Devils seem to have found a way to deal with what the Rangers are throwing at them.  The Rags look like a MUCH different team when they're not converting power play opportunities...just gotta stay out of the damned box.

C'mooooooooon boys...you have a hell of an opportunity on Thursday!  Make the home crowd proud!  Make those stupid punchable unwelcome invaders in blue go home despondent and depressed and bewildered and SILENT!  You can DO this!

L G M F D!!!

Waterboy GIF

10 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Did anyone else see this? I don’t like even the idea of it one bit, but shout out to the few non-mouth breathing Rags fans that actually gave Marty his due respect. 

Went about as I would've expected it to.  Devils fans wouldn't react much differently if someone parked a Lundqvist cutout outside the Rock.

The funny thing is that Rangers fans react the way that they do to Brodeur for the same reason they're now booing Hughes...because deep down they begrudgingly know those players were/are really damned good and on some level they respect them, even if 90% of them wouldn't dare admit it.  

And quite conversely, why do we have no reaction to Kakko or Lafreniere?  Because we don't fear them at all.  They make no impact on us.  They're not even worth our time. 

• Like 3

Dear Devils,

If you don't win tomorrow night, I'm going to punish myself by watching an Adam Sandler film.

FOR GOD'S SAKE...DO...NOT...LOSE.  I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.

Yours,

NJCroMag

P.S. I have it on good authority that all Rangers fans punch babies.  Can anyone confirm?

• Like 3

Who's going?  I'll be in 123.  Pretty sure that's the section (if not, damned close) to the guy who leads the R&R Part 2 "serenade" after the Devils score.

On 4/25/2023 at 11:21 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

On 4/25/2023 at 11:46 AM, Nicomo said:

Yeah, that’s pretty crazy. He had 15 points in 20 GP the last time SJ made the playoffs (2019) so it’s not like he’s been a playoff disappearing act in the past. 

His stats through his first 4 games of that post season?

4 GP, 1 G, 0A, 20 PIM

https://www.espn.com/nhl/player/gamelog/_/id/3899978/year/2019

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, aylbert said:

His stats through his first 4 games of that post season?

4 GP, 1 G, 0A, 20 PIM

https://www.espn.com/nhl/player/gamelog/_/id/3899978/year/2019

Yes Jack Nicholson GIF - Yes Jack Nicholson Nod - Discover ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Who's going?  I'll be in 123.  Pretty sure that's the section (if not, damned close) to the guy who leads the R&R Part 2 "serenade" after the Devils score.

I’m also going to be in 123 tomorrow night, can’t wait!

• EvilHeart 1

35 minutes ago, jagknife said:

LFGD

Don’t you dare change a thing, Lindy

Where I am with Lindy, based on his team making some solid adjustments and winning two in the Garden:

SqlezON.gif

Yeah, just stay with what worked, for now.  If Schmid has a rough game tomorrow, NO ONE will second guess Ruff continuing to roll with him.  Nor will anyone clamor for Wood and/or Smith coming back into the lineup. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

There is a surprisingly solid amount of seats available for tomorrow. What’s up with that??

The face value of the tickets are ridiculously high for the first round and now its a game where neither team can advance. Can't say I'm surprised that people are holding out to see if the prices drop. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

The face value of the tickets are ridiculously high for the first round and now it’s a game where neither team can advance. Can't say I'm surprised that people are holding out to see if the prices drop. 

I hope tix are snapped up tomorrow. Can’t have rows of empty seats for a game of this magnitude.

They better fix the pricing if we make it to round 2. If they’re expecting sellouts versus Carolina with these prices then they don’t know their own fanbase and how to do their jobs.