GDT: 4/27/2023 Game 5 - Blowshirts @ Devils 7:30 pm Screw the blue

Colorado Rockies 1976

30 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Have you looked at the prices?

I paid $560 for 2 seats to go game 2. I can't go again this round, much as I want to rep red and black. And I had a partial plan this year, last 6 yrs. And already renewed for next year. Love my team, but can only pay so much. 

• Like 2
  • EvilHeart 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Just to spite the hockey world, I hope the Devils smother the Rags in the trap and win a boring 2-0 game just to piss everyone off. 😄

Trap the life out of them. I don’t care. It’s ok when Boston and rangers do it to us but when we do it, end of the hockey world. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, eldon said:

I paid $560 for 2 seats to go game 2. I can't go again this round, much as I want to rep red and black. And I had a partial plan this year, last 6 yrs. And already renewed for next year. Love my team, but can only pay so much. 

Same here. Put out close to $500 for game 1. I would love to go tonight, but I can’t afford to lol.

• EvilHeart 1

Maybe I’m just stupid, but I don’t understand this narrative of the trap?  What are the Devils, or any team for that matter, supposed to do?  Everyone that watches hockey knows the team that controls the neutral zone most likely wins the game.  In order for a team to control the neutral they use a variant of the trap.  Is the expectation the Devils allow the Rangers to simply enter their zone to defend?  That’s kinda what the problem was when Nas ran the D.  They would lose the puck and then collapse into their own zone.  I think the whole narrative is ridiculous.

That said, I expect the Devils to roll over the Rangers tonight.  I expect the Devils to stay focused and disciplined.  I also expect players like Timo, Nico, Bratt and Mercer to get more opportunities.  I think the Rangers are going to more focused on hitting and Hughes than actually playing the game.

Let’s go Devils!

Screw the Blue!

• EvilHeart 1

2 hours ago, Crisis said:

Have you looked at the prices?

Prices look fine to me

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Are you going? 

Plus there's not that many blue dots on the map, the reds are resale. 

I went to a few games this season and I live in Montreal. I’ll be going if they make round 2.

• EvilHeart 1

7 minutes ago, jagknife said:

good job not over thinking, Lindy!

now go get the W, boys!

Oooo I like the move to center for Mercer. That is in interesting switchup by Lindy. McLeod is/has been great, but he is just a offensive black hole and I think was a reason that the 3rd line has been rather quiet the last two games. It may have been the reason the 3rd line was not giving up any goals too. Perfect to slot McLeod down and move Boqi up and Mercer over. I like the idea. Might get a bit of a jump from that 3rd line I bet. 

Look for Meier or Mercer to pot one this game. I also like the idea of getting Tatar away from McLeod. I don't think we'll suffer defensively with McLeod moved down. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but other coaches have been sending out their best faceoff man and having him come right to the bench after winning a draw and gaining possession. Can't remember who else I saw it with. 

LET'S GO BOYS

Edited by RizzMB30

8 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Also, I am really impressed with Bryce Salvador. He's come a long way in terms of being an analyst. I remember when he used to misspeak and "um and ah" a lot as filler. He's sounding really polished. 

I’m stuck with Ray Ferraro. did you guys know he had 21 playoff goals? ESPN only highlights it every time they go to him EVERY GAME.

• Haha 1