GDT: 4/27/2023 Game 5 - Blowshirts @ Devils 7:30 pm Screw the blue

Colorado Rockies 1976

11 minutes ago, devlman said:

I hope tix are snapped up tomorrow. Can’t have rows of empty seats for a game of this magnitude.

They better fix the pricing if we make it to round 2. If they’re expecting sellouts versus Carolina with these prices then they don’t know their own fanbase and how to do their jobs.

Empty seats or seats occupied by fans wearing blue- neither are acceptable.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • EvilHeart 1

9 hours ago, NJCroMag said:

Dear Devils,

If you don't win tomorrow night, I'm going to punish myself by watching an Adam Sandler film.

FOR GOD'S SAKE...DO...NOT...LOSE.  I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.

Yours,

NJCroMag

P.S. I have it on good authority that all Rangers fans punch babies.  Can anyone confirm?

Welcome back! Will one of your pregame puzzles make a reappearance as well? haha

• Like 2

4 hours ago, devlman said:

I hope tix are snapped up tomorrow. Can’t have rows of empty seats for a game of this magnitude.

They better fix the pricing if we make it to round 2. If they’re expecting sellouts versus Carolina with these prices then they don’t know their own fanbase and how to do their jobs.

Honestly better off just not even worrying about it. 

Look at how many Boston fans were in Florida, how many Toronto fans in Tampa, lots of Edmonton fans in Los Angeles. 

It's just not worth giving a sh!t about anymore. I'm going to the game, it's all I can do. The rest isn't my worry to figure out.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Marv4Life said:

Brunette was more responsible for the streak last fall than he was

Was he though? I personally think the PP has woefully underperformed considering the amount of offensive talent they have. They should be much better than middle of the pack. It usually feels to me they just rely on Jack to do Jack things, or for Dougie to blast one from the point. He also had no idea his to properly use Timo on the PP when we first acquired him either. 

I guess you could credit Brunette for the offense in general (I believe they were 4th in the league?), but how much of that was was really him? Guys like Jack, Nico, and Bratt had all taken significant steps the year before. 

I think a little bit of the shine has come off of Brunette tbh. I won’t be clamoring for him to replace Lindy no matter what happens the rest of the playoffs. If Fitz feels like he deserves a shot next season, I will be on board with it, but I won’t be as excited about it as I once was. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Marv4Life said:

I'm not going to sing praises for Lindy until this series is over with our guys winning 4. They've won 52 in spite of him, not because of him(Brunette was more responsible for the streak last fall than he was), and I stand by that until proven otherwise.

I’ve been as critical of Lindy at times as anyone, and I’m not saying these two huge playoff wins now have me convinced that he’s the guy to lead the Devils in the years to come, but only fair to give credit where it’s due.  His team DID make some serious and noticeable adjustments in winning those games at the Garden.  Lindy did have something to do with that.

Also, agree with Nicomo re:  Brunette, in that if/when he takes over, I’ll be fine with it, but not like his work with the power play unit has impressed much.  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

I am going to my girlfriend's son's play tonight but she did say I can skip dinner after if I wanna watch the game and will bring me food (I think I found a real winner here!)

Let's go Devils! Keep it going!

34 NSFW Memes to Corrupt Your Soul. - Gallery

Listening to Game Misconduct and a fan asked why the Rangers don't get the same treatment as the Jets and the Knicks even though they all have long championship droughts, and Lagreca went on some long winding answer and said it's because the Rangers "have been consistently good since 94"

What is this man smoking? Do they really pay him that well to say dumb sh!t about the Rangers?

56 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Listening to Game Misconduct and a fan asked why the Rangers don't get the same treatment as the Jets and the Knicks even though they all have long championship droughts, and Lagreca went on some long winding answer and said it's because the Rangers "have been consistently good since 94"

What is this man smoking? Do they really pay him that well to say dumb sh!t about the Rangers?

Let's explore that:

From 1997-98 through 2005-06:  one playoff appearance, ZERO playoff wins (not a single game)

From 2017-18 through 2020-21:  one qualifying round appearance, ZERO playoff wins

Pretty sure that doesn't fit the definition of "consistently good".  fvcking idiot.

If he actually said, "mostly relevant since 2005-06", that I couldn't really argue...they've won 13 playoff series and have been to a Cup final and some Conference Finals.  Better than a lot of teams for sure, but LaGreca was flat-out wrong with the "since 94" nonsense.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Let's explore that:

From 1997-98 through 2005-06:  one playoff appearance, ZERO playoff wins (not a single game)

From 2017-18 through 2020-21:  one qualifying round appearance, ZERO playoff wins

Pretty sure that doesn't fit the definition of "consistently good".  fvcking idiot. 

I'll try and transcribe his exact words.

"I think because they've been consistently good over the span of time since 94. They went to the conference final in 97, they went to the conference final in 2012, Stanley Cup final in 14', conference final in 2015, conference final last year. They've made runs, they've been good.... The Jets and Knicks are poorly run franchises due to the lack of competence."

22 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I'll try and transcribe his exact words.

"I think because they've been consistently good over the span of time since 94. They went to the conference final in 97, they went to the conference final in 2012, Stanley Cup final in 14', conference final in 2015, conference final last year. They've made runs, they've been good.... The Jets and Knicks are poorly run franchises due to the lack of competence."

The funny thing is that if he wants to talk since 1994, the Jets were actually pretty good there for a while...from 1997-2010 they made the playoffs a bunch and went to back-to-back AFC Conference games.  The Knicks made two NBA finals.  If he wants to talk the last 12 years or so, yeah, Rangers have clearly been much more successful, but just acting like a Conference Final in 1997 and then a Conference Final in 2012 is somehow impressive while completely glossing over the THIRTEEN seasons in between where the Rangers did very little (they won two playoff rounds over those seasons)...that's just such a Ranger-shill thing to do.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The funny thing is that if he wants to talk since 1994, the Jets were actually pretty good there for a while...from 1997-2010 they made the playoffs a bunch and went to back-to-back AFC Conference games.  The Knicks made two NBA finals.  If he wants to talk the last 12 years or so, yeah, Rangers have clearly been much more successful, but just acting like a Conference Final in 1997 and then a Conference Final in 2012 is somehow impressive while completely glossing over the THIRTEEN seasons in between where the Rangers did very little (they won two playoff rounds over those seasons)...that's just such a Ranger-shill thing to do.  

Initially I wanted him as our new PBP guy, but listening to his podcast this season, it's pretty clear he doesn't have too great of hockey knowledge. And this season especially, I think he honestly had sour grapes about NOT getting the PBP job, because he took every opportunity he could to put down the Devils, even during the 13-game heater he would almost begrudgingly talk about the Devils when he had to do the weekly top-5

• Like 1

Pretty sad how many seats are still available for this game. Considering 5 years no playoffs this game it should be sold out already.

anyways just win! LGD!!

Edited by Devils01
  • Like 1