GDT - Devils vs Rags Game 7 --Devils move on!

NJDfan1711

8 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Lurking the Rangers board on HF and they’re shockingly complimentary towards the Devils believe it or not. The general consensus seems to be the better team won. 

My favorite post:

”Rangers acquired talent. Devils built a team”

That was borne out in this series, when the Rangers stars were able to get time and space they won. When they didn’t, they had no other answers. Conversely the Devils were able to find a way even with Nico, Timo and Bratt never really getting going offensively and rallying around a rookie goalie. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Sad thing is it wasn’t poor reffing.  It was clearly agenda-based bias reffing and it was blatantly obvious.  That sh!t has gotta stop.  May the best teams win, FAIRLY. 

Next time it happens, and it will, I'd like to see Jack take his frustration out on the other team rather than spend what seemed like an age berating the officials. Let the coaching staff deal wit the refs.

6 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Did anyone talk about this here? My first time seeing it but looks like the Devils fan started it...

Let’s keep the good vibes going and not focus on the loser idiots out there. 

What a BEAUTIFUL morning it is!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Did anyone talk about this here? My first time seeing it but looks like the Devils fan started it...

I saw it on reddit and basically said both were wrong and need to be better. Just walk away basically. I got down voted lol.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

Hilarious article from Deadspin. about the Devils/Rags series.

https://deadspin.com/nhl-playoffs-new-york-rangers-new-jersey-devils-dolan-1850394483

This is hilarious indeed but also VERY true.  The Rangers are all Shesterkin (who AFAIC is damned near faultless in this series) and power play prowess.  Everything that they do feeds off those two elements.  Shut down their power play to the tune of a -1 rating over five games...well, you see what happens.

What the author said about LaFailure and Kakko is so true...Ranger fans act like the Kid Line is some kind of force.  They literally did almost NOTHING this series...Chytil had an empty netter, and Kakko scored to make it 5-1 in Game 2...yippy.    

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I saw it on reddit and basically said both were wrong and need to be better. Just walk away basically. I got down voted lol.

Ya I'm with you, if I slap a beer out of someone's hand I'm at least expecting them to try something. 

This is on the Rangers attack side 2x so I'm sure it was more nasty on that side with more Rangers fans wanting to sit there. For all 3 games the fans near me weren't bad at all and there weren't any fights but I'm on the Devils attack 2x side. 

Had a couple of Devils fans near me last night that had way too much to drink but they weren't any trouble cause they were at least happy friendly drunks lol this is also an issue with the 8pm starts with giving people more time to pre-game. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I don't get this sh!t, I really don't.  I don't engage with Ranger fans AT ALL if I can help it...especially with trash talking, because you never know how quick-tempered the other person is, and this crap has a way of escalating quickly and often violently.  I just root for my team and that's it.

We have d!ckheads in our fanbase too, everyone does, but a typical Ranger fan move is what I witnessed in Game 2.  To quick recap:  a Devils fan decided to call it a night down 4-1, didn't say a word to anyone, some 5' 7"-ish Ranger fan tough guy decided to throw his drink on the guy after he's already 10 feet past him, the guy is obviously ticked and lets the drink-thrower he knows who threw the drink and what a d!ck move that was.  The Ranger douche tries to play it off like "Who, me?" but the MANY Devils fans who saw him do it (including me) call him out on it, then a bunch of fellow idiot Ranger fans are ready to back up the guy WHO WAS VERY CLEARLY IN THE WRONG well, because Duuuuuuuh Noo Yawk Ranjuhs.  Fortunately it didn't get worse, though Mr. 5' 7" tough guy clearly tried to keep it going (he was making crying gestures at us)...we simply ignored him.

Nice that we can outclass those losers on AND off the ice.  fvck them all.   

Just now, Aitchmack said:

🤣

The funny thing is that this morning I've heard Boomer and others lament that the Rangers didn't show up...I don't that was the case at all.  I think the Devils simply executed their game plan and used their speed and simply and completely stifled them.  The Rangers did get some pressure after Trouba's hit and actually flirted with making it a game, but the Devils withstood that and were able to tack on not long after.  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This is hilarious indeed but also VERY true.  The Rangers are all Shesterkin (who AFAIC is damned near faultless in this series) and power play prowess.  Everything that they do feeds off those two elements.  Shut down their power play to the tune of a -1 rating over five games...well, you see what happens.

What the author said about LaFailure and Kakko is so true...Ranger fans act like the Kid Line is some kind of force.  They literally did almost NOTHING this series...Chytil had an empty netter, and Kakko scored to make it 5-1 in Game 2...yippy.    

Because it was very obviously true is what made it so hilarious. The whole Rangers team spent a lot of time at 5v5 looking like they just didn't have any idea how to combat the Devils play. And you have to think it'll get harder for them over the next few seasons as the Devils players start to reach their peak. I wonder how long it'll be before Dolan gets an itchy trigger finger again?

I have to wonder if shesterkin will let that franchise waste his prime like they did with Lundqvist. He was getting so frustrated at points in this series. 

Also let’s give it up for Schmid’s insane rebound control. He gobbled up most shots and killed so much Ranger momentum. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

Because it was very obviously true is what made it so hilarious. The whole Rangers team spent a lot of time at 5v5 looking like they just didn't have any idea how to combat the Devils play. And you have to think it'll get harder for them over the next few seasons as the Devils players start to reach their peak. I wonder how long it'll be before Dolan gets an itchy trigger finger again?

I brought it up before but if Schmid (or some other young Devils goalie) can actually battle Shesterkin to a draw during Shesterkin's prime years...the Rangers lose the one advantage that they could truly claim having.

Yeah it kind of feels like the Rangers as constituted have already peaked.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I have to wonder if shesterkin will let that franchise waste his prime like they did with Lundqvist. He was getting so frustrated at points in this series. 
Also let’s give it up for Schmid’s insane rebound control. He gobbled up most shots and killed so much Ranger momentum. 

He's only under contract for two more seasons and will be a UFA.  Gotta think he's going to need some real assurances that the Rangers are going to put together a real Cup contender if he's to stick around.  But still a ways away from that.  

55 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

Next time it happens, and it will, I'd like to see Jack take his frustration out on the other team rather than spend what seemed like an age berating the officials. Let the coaching staff deal wit the refs.

Tbf one of the things that comes with wearing a letter is the ability to confer with the officials over calls/non-calls. 

Presale is going on right now for round 2 tickets, looking at the prices now for it and I can't believe they are charging this much for Carolina. I expected it to be cheaper than the first round since its not the rangers but it's the same prices in a lot of areas. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Angry 1

Rangers fans can't work out if they are coming or going today. 

"The Devil's got lucky" "Rangers didn't turn up" , "Devils were a better team" they are all over the place with blame , and I love it. Chaos for that franchise is a good thing. 

• EvilHeart 3

What a great day !!!!

Each time I've stopped working I re-remember that we crushed them last night.

As I see it, the Devils speed and counter-attack kept the Rags flat-flooted and worried first about defense, so they could never get sustained offense going.

Plus the Devs kept the Rags to the way outside...and seemingly every 50/50 battle was won by the Devs better work effort & desire.

I think the Devs could still struggle with a very physical team, but the Rags were blown away by the relentless speed & counters.

Gallant could not adjust... two years in a row up 2-0 in a series & lost them both.

• EvilHeart 2

Congratulations everyone, what a great night it was, this was like 94 to me or maybe even 87 in terms of feeling.

Now let's focus on Carolina, a really different team than the Rangers, but one I also think we are better than, especially with their key injuries.

Oh and fvck the Rangers, fvck their fans, fvck the media, fvck Toronto and the entire NHL hub central who wanted and tried their best to help NY win.

LFGD.

• EvilHeart 5

My first game 7 in person and boy was that a doozy. I don't think the hit on Meier was as dirty as it looked at first, but what I did have a problem with, was that sh!tsterkin skated over and stood over Meier while he was down, a few feet away. 

You can be a great goalie, but when you do classless stuff like that, then I have no sympathy for you with these Igor chants raining down like hail. 

What's done is done, goodbye New York! Our boys did their job now it's time to bring on the light rain.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Presale is going on right now for round 2 tickets, looking at the prices now for it and I can't believe they are charging this much for Carolina. I expected it to be cheaper than the first round since its not the rangers but it's the same prices in a lot of areas. 

It would be helpful to know when games three and four will be played…..

• Like 1