The OFFICIAL Off-Season Thread

jagknife

Have we talked about possible line combos yet? I'm laying here in bed thinking about it and am wondering if Haula stays with Jack or not... If he does then Toffoli or Palat go down to a line with Mercer and Holtz then? The 4th line is also a log jam-- Clarke and Foote want spots, we got McLeod and Bastian, then Nosek, Lazar, and Tierney. The depth is just off the freaking charts.

Timo - Nico - Bratt

Haula - Jack - Toffoli

Palat - Mercer - Holtz

Nosek - McLeod - Bastian

Lazar, Tierney, Foote all extras.

6 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Seriously why is it a thing for the Flyers to always have gingers on their team?

Matches the Jersey. 

Maybe they have a policy that if you want to be a Flyer you have to be at least a little bit orange. 

Weird number for a defenseman...hey, whatever makes him happy!  Guess he prefers 7 but obviously won't get that with Dougie here (or 71 with Siegs in the fold).  77 would've been kinda cool (even if it's already been used by some legendary players).

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Weird number for a defenseman...hey, whatever makes him happy!  Guess he prefers 7 but obviously won't get that with Dougie here (or 71 with Siegs in the fold).  77 would've been kinda cool (even if it's already been used by some legendary players).

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Why not 57?  In honor of our favorite coach, John Heinz.

Steve Heinze wore #57 with some teams for the obvious reason:

steve-heinze.jpg?resize=195%2C262&ssl=1

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/14/2023 at 2:02 AM, NJDevils1214 said:

Have we talked about possible line combos yet? I'm laying here in bed thinking about it and am wondering if Haula stays with Jack or not... If he does then Toffoli or Palat go down to a line with Mercer and Holtz then? The 4th line is also a log jam-- Clarke and Foote want spots, we got McLeod and Bastian, then Nosek, Lazar, and Tierney. The depth is just off the freaking charts.

Timo - Nico - Bratt

Haula - Jack - Toffoli

Palat - Mercer - Holtz

Nosek - McLeod - Bastian

Lazar, Tierney, Foote all extras.

My money is on Foote-McLeod-Bastian. 

McLeod is the smallest at 6'2" on that line. Huge fourth line and if Foote can be as aggressive as Bastian on the forecheck, then that line will start cooking. I want that fourth line to be big, quick and scary on the forecheck.

-Simon Nemec looks really really good throughout this game. Super confident with the puck at the top of the blue line. Seems like he is all over the offensive zone perimeter. Just started watching since I got home from work and he stood out the most so far. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 2

January 20, 2024 – Ring of Honor presented by Citizens (vs. Dallas at 7:00 p.m. ET) – The Devils will induct their second honoree into the Ring of Honor prior to the game when they take on the Stars during this Saturday night matchup. All fans in attendance will receive a limited-edition Ring of Honor pin courtesy of Citizens.

If it’s not Lou getting into the Ring next, can’t imagine who else it could possibly be.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If it’s not Lou getting into the Ring next, can’t imagine who else it could possibly be.

Not to be morbid but I'd much rather see him get that honor while he's alive. Doc or Chico are the only other two that I could possibly see at this point. 

Looking at the Islanders schedule and they don't play that day and they are home the day after so Lou definitely makes sense as the #1 guess.  I wonder where if they do another giant thing like for McMullen. 

I hate back to back home games but at least this is cool, there's also a good amount of bobblehead giveaways too which is great cause people love em... 

"February 24-25, 2024 – Next Generation Weekend presented by RWJBarnabas Health – During Hockey Weekend Across America,the Devils will celebrate the next generation of our fans and youth hockey in New Jersey. The team will recognize the Dr. John J. McMullen Service Award winner and Little Devils members will be taking over different game day roles. The first 9,000 fans in attendance each day will receive a Dawson Mercer bobblehead on Saturday and a Jesper Bratt bobblehead on Sunday courtesy of RWJBarnabas Health. Be sure to come to both games that weekend to collect and connect this limited edition bobblehead set!"

26 minutes ago, Max20Characters said:

January 20, 2024 – Ring of Honor presented by Citizens (vs. Dallas at 7:00 p.m. ET) – The Devils will induct their second honoree into the Ring of Honor prior to the game when they take on the Stars during this Saturday night matchup. All fans in attendance will receive a limited-edition Ring of Honor pin courtesy of Citizens.

Gotta be Lou.

1 minute ago, Crisis said:

Is the banner of McMullen considered the first inductee?

Yep

29 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Not to be morbid but I'd much rather see him get that honor while he's alive. Doc or Chico are the only other two that I could possibly see at this point. 

Looking at the Islanders schedule and they don't play that day and they are home the day after so Lou definitely makes sense as the #1 guess.  I wonder where if they do another giant thing like for McMullen. 

I hate back to back home games but at least this is cool, there's also a good amount of bobblehead giveaways too which is great cause people love em... 

"February 24-25, 2024 – Next Generation Weekend presented by RWJBarnabas Health – During Hockey Weekend Across America,the Devils will celebrate the next generation of our fans and youth hockey in New Jersey. The team will recognize the Dr. John J. McMullen Service Award winner and Little Devils members will be taking over different game day roles. The first 9,000 fans in attendance each day will receive a Dawson Mercer bobblehead on Saturday and a Jesper Bratt bobblehead on Sunday courtesy of RWJBarnabas Health. Be sure to come to both games that weekend to collect and connect this limited edition bobblehead set!"

Re:  the bolded, I agree, and I'm sure behind the scenes Lou's age was enough to make the organization realize "We really shouldn't wait much longer, let's do this, it's been a long time since the last one as it is!"

He's obviously been gone for a while now, but this feels like a great way to fully wrap up Lou's time as a Devil...a nice "thank you for the memories" from us, and the goodbye that we never quite got when his time here ended.

And yeah, my kid LOVES bobbleheads.  Always has. 

Hopefully we start getting one or two of these a year for a while...there's enough memorable players (not to mention Doc of course) who absolutely deserve a spot in the Ring of Honor.  Quite the backlog due to this only coming along in 2017.

• Like 2