Injuries

smelly

4 hours ago, StarDew said:

You can believe what you want..correct. I was commenting on his approach. Don't agree..fine.

Exactly. The ‘I’m right you’re wrong’ sh!t is really old. Who cares who was right and who was wrong. It’s a message board. Let’s just converse like adults. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Exactly. The ‘ I’m right you’re wrong’ sh!t is really old. Who cares who was right and who was wrong. It’s a message board. Let’s just converse like adults. 

He isn't here for a conversation. He's here to be proven right and he wants credit for it. Never seen someone on this board in all my years of being here that enjoyed the smell of his own farts this much.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

He isn't here for a conversation. He's here to be proven right and he wants credit for it. Never seen someone on this board in all my years of being here that enjoyed the smell of his own farts this much.

I see what you did there. 🤭

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

A lot of this is just so rich. 

I didn’t start anything here. 

Just read this thread from top to bottom. 

I didn’t fire the first snotty shots. 

Edited by smelly

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

He isn't here for a conversation. He's here to be proven right and he wants credit for it. Never seen someone on this board in all my years of being here that enjoyed subjecting others to the smell of his own farts this much.

Fixed it for you.

• Haha 2

The regularity of "I'm right and you were wrong" back and forth and back again gets tiresome, uninformative and rarely settles the disagreement. 

Let's just try to get the latest info on injuries, regardless of source. Time will prove the accuracy of the reports.

And, quite frankly, I don't give two s**ts if any of you were correct or not.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Hopefully not too many weeks, but glad that he shouldn't be out too too long, based on the above.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 1/7/2024 at 1:54 AM, NJDevils1214 said:

Trust the source bro. Just trust him.

Well, Lindy has today again confirmed (as has the fact that Timo was placed on IR immediately after I posted what I learned) that you can indeed trust the source.

I don’t post made up info. Whether it relates to injuries or potential trades I only post what I am told by someone who has a track record of being right, and who is in a position to know.  I have been around the organization for 30 years and as a result have developed some contacts. It’s not because I am anything special. It’s simply a matter of presence and time. 

I share because I figure other diehard fans who post here might also want to know. 

So maybe next time you can refrain from the entirely unprovoked and totally unwarranted dripping sarcasm?  

If you still don’t want to believe me, that is certainly your prerogative. 

But we can do without the gratuitous pot shots and juvenile attempts at humor. 

Edited by smelly
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Hopefully not too many weeks, but glad that he shouldn't be out too too long, based on the above.

Lindy made it sounds like it could be 1-2 weeks at least, hopefully not much more if they know that it won't be months. 

Maybe it's just a sprain when they thought there was something broken. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Lindy made it sounds like it could be 1-2 weeks at least, hopefully not much more if they know that it won't be months. 

Maybe it's just a sprain when they thought there was something broken. 

Yeah, maybe it swelled up some and once the swelling went down, they realized that it wasn't something uber-serious.

Sucks that some tough road games happen to be coming up, but if it's "only" 2-3 weeks, I'll take it.  And hopefully Jack will be close to 100% upon his return. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

some good news

And I know Timo's year has hardly gone as expected (or hoped for), but he's gonna be here a long LONG time.  He can definitely still turn in some plenty good seasons here.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I trust nothing that comes from this organization as far as injury reporting.

"weeks" to me - I expect to see him in February at the earliest.

February is right around the corner and there is all star break so him coming back for the February 6th game vs Colorado would make the most sense. 

8 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

February is right around the corner and there is all star break so him coming back for the February 6th game vs Colorado would make the most sense. 

As long as he’s back for the outdoor game, I’ll personally be happy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Devils01 said:

Good news but Jack should put on some weight. Guy is more fragile than a leaf.. and stop trying to do so much. Always puts himself in bad situations

This is the second time this year he, essentially, hurt himself.

1 hour ago, Devils01 said:

Good news but Jack should put on some weight. Guy is more fragile than a leaf.. and stop trying to do so much. Always puts himself in bad situations

I quite literally said this exact same thing earlier this season when he went  barelling into the boards because he was trying to knife through defenders while crashing the net. 

A few people said there was nothing wrong with it, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks sometimes Jack puts himself at risk with the way he plays. 

Don't get me wrong, his style of play is what makes him so dangerous, but I think there's a way for him to continue to be such a threat while at the same time minimizing his chances of injury. Probably something he has to learn over time, the hard way.  I'm sure he doesn't like getting hurt, and hopefully he finds a way to play his game but not make himself susceptible to these types of freak accidents that sideline him for a number of games. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, smelly said:

Well, Lindy has today again confirmed (as has the fact that Timo was placed on IR immediately after I posted what I learned) that you can indeed trust the source.

I don’t post made up info. Whether it relates to injuries or potential trades I only post what I am told by someone who has a track record of being right, and who is in a position to know.  I have been around the organization for 30 years and as a result have developed some contacts. It’s not because I am anything special. It’s simply a matter of presence and time. 

I share because I figure other diehard fans who post here might also want to know. 

So maybe next time you can refrain from the entirely unprovoked and totally unwarranted dripping sarcasm?  

If you still don’t want to believe me, that is certainly your prerogative. 

But we can do without the gratuitous pot shots and juvenile attempts at humor. 

Nothing has changed. Your source is still "trust me bro", and since you were right you are here quoting me to make sure everyone knows you deserve credit because that is what this is chiefly about. It's about you being right.

This is the last I am going to elaborate on this because I don't want to be the cause of more unrest-- I don't care what you report or if it is right or wrong. You even said in another post that people can choose to believe or not...but then you still get upset when some people are cautiously skeptical because all you have is "your source". DM asked what the source was and I said "trust me bro" and that is still what it is. It is still just to trust the word of some dude on an internet forum. I am sorry if you find that to be a pot shot.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Nothing has changed. Your source is still "trust me bro", and since you were right you are here quoting me to make sure everyone knows you deserve credit because that is what this is chiefly about. It's about you being right.

This is the last I am going to elaborate on this because I don't want to be the cause of more unrest-- I don't care what you report or if it is right or wrong. You even said in another post that people can choose to believe or not...but then you still get upset when some people are cautiously skeptical because all you have is "your source". DM asked what the source was and I said "trust me bro" and that is still what it is. It is still just to trust the word of some dude on an internet forum. I am sorry if you find that to be a pot shot.

No, you are simply incorrect.

First of all, I am not right -- the source is (and for the record, given who they are, they always will be).

Moreover, I did say that if anyone didn't want to believe me then to do so. So I am not offended in the least that you did not.

But I also said if you were not going to believe me, then to ignore it.  But you didn't -- you had to make some dumb, lazy, not so clever joke about it meant to expressly demonstrate your skepticism and imply that I was not being truthful.

Which IMO was not only unnecessary and rude, but also based on utter ignorance of the facts, and therefore completely wrong as a factual matter.

PS -- DM never asked me to disclose the source.  He asked if it was credible, and I said yes because it is.  So you might want to start reading more carefully before you start throwing around nonsense.

Peace.

Edited by smelly