GDT: 2/27/2024 Devils @ Sharks 10:30 EST MSGSN

Rock

5 minutes ago, nmigliore said:

Wait, we're really not going to try Hughes-Smith again, are we? Besides that, Miller potentially sitting for Smith again is awful... what are we even doing here?

Lindy gonna lind.  I have no idea why he has SUCH a fascination with Smith. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Lindy gonna lind.  I have no idea why he has SUCH a fascination with Smith. 

He's living in 1999 era hockey, clearly... grit/toughness > talent.

Edited by nmigliore
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I think that his current inaction gives us a good indication of where he stands on this. Currently he seems OK with riding this out and seeing what happens.

Exactly, this is why I do wish we would borrow some of the soccer(football for you) fan culture from you guys across the pond. A beat down at home vs a rival like the Rangers would have been an easy dismissal for almost any coach having a mid year over there. 

Instead over here we get some people whining about how we are hurting poor Lindy's feelings with the fire Lindy chants. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I think that his current inaction gives us a good indication of where he stands on this. Currently he seems OK with riding this out and seeing what happens.

Then all his talk all summer was just that-talk. Because this season has been completely unacceptable. And injuries are NOT AN EXCUSE. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, nmigliore said:

He's living in 1999 era hockey, clearly... grit/toughness > talent.

meh - I think the defense as a whole has been absolute trash. Yes there's expected growing pains with Nemec and Luke, I don't think the expectation was for Luke to be borderline incompetent on some nights.  The other 4 whoever they are on any given night and whoever they are paired with are a sh!tshow way more often than not.  You're essentially shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic . There's a ton of holes everywhere throughout the lineup and the obviously a huge a-hole behind the bench. But imo the issue is once again way bigger than the coach it starts with the ghost in the GM chair. 

4 hours ago, slasher72 said:

Timo will probably get melancholy and remember the good ol' days when he had a coach who would put him on the right side.

My gut tells me Zetterlund doesn't score tonight, but that Blackwood pulls off a "Scott Wedgewood" performance and the Devils lose. 

Ah yes, the good old days when he can score 30 goals on a sh!t team.

4 hours ago, jagknife said:

worst defensive pairing in the league

punish the rookie for a good game

bench miller

The genius of Lindy Ruff, ladies and gentlemen

Hughes with Palat and Lazar?  Is Hughes on the 4th line?

Edited by Puckbuster
  • Vomiting 1

23 minutes ago, titans04 said:

meh - I think the defense as a whole has been absolute trash. Yes there's expected growing pains with Nemec and Luke, I don't think the expectation was for Luke to be borderline incompetent on some nights.  The other 4 whoever they are on any given night and whoever they are paired with are a sh!tshow way more often than not.  You're essentially shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic . There's a ton of holes everywhere throughout the lineup and the obviously a huge a-hole behind the bench. But imo the issue is once again way bigger than the coach it starts with the ghost in the GM chair. 

I’m starting to feel the same about Fitz.  However, I don’t feel they have many holes.  Maybe on D with the Dougie injury, but there is enough there if he could figure a system that works with what he has.  I feel it’s the coach with a crap system and an inability to coach up and develop players.

1 hour ago, Puckbuster said:

Hughes with Palat and Lazar?  Is Hughes on the 4th line?

It’s insane. I’ve never seen a coach fvck with his lines and pairings this much. Just the absolute definition of throwing sh!t at the wall. 

• Like 4

Lindy is just picking names out of a hat to make the lineup at this point. He will literally try ANYTHING to avoid Holtz on one of the top lines. Lazar and Palat have a combined 15 goals. Why would they be with Jack?!?

And I’ll never understand why it seems that every coach we have picks some random player who contributes nothing and refuses to scratch him. For Lindy that’s his Smith obsession. Sitting Miller to play Smith on his off side is just asinine. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It’s insane. I’ve never seen a coach fvck with his lines and pairings this much. Just the absolute definition of throwing sh!t at the wall. 

We’ve hit the DBA Hynes “what the hell do I do now” face.

Upnext is the Nasraddine “I think I just farted or started myself, not quite sure” face

• Haha 2