Jake Allen to NJD for conditional 3rd

jagknife

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

One guy who was the talk of this board last year and hasn’t been mentioned at all is Spencer Knight. Would the Panthers be willing to entertain offers this offseason? Bob has been great and Knight has been in the AHL. Great pedigree as a prospect. Classic buy low example.

The only person I remember wanted Knight was MB3 and that was usually just him offering sexual favors in return for him, but then again, he offered the same for a lot of players 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

One guy who was the talk of this board last year and hasn’t been mentioned at all is Spencer Knight. Would the Panthers be willing to entertain offers this offseason? Bob has been great and Knight has been in the AHL. Great pedigree as a prospect. Classic buy low example.

Two more years at $4.5 million AAV and he's put up an .898 save% in the AHL.  Part of me is interested, depending on the price.

2 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Is anyone else besides me wondering if Fitz made this deal without considering that Allen will need a work visa to play for a team in the United States?

Fitz has had a rough year, but I think he knows the visa rules lol

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

I’ll take it. He could potentially play well with a change of scenery. Hell maybe he’ll go on a run for us. Summer will really determine if Fitz still has it or not. 

Edited by Devils01
  • Like 1

A BOS fan on another page I frequent has said there was a trade offer for Ullmark but the player turned it down.  I wonder if that was us.

Oh wow we had a Ullmark trade in place but he blocked it with the NTC. Wonder if New Jersey tried to get him before settling on Allen.

Edited by xxchaznjxx

1 minute ago, xxchaznjxx said:

A BOS fan on another page I frequent has said there was a trade offer for Ullmark but the player turned it down.  I wonder if that was us.

Oh wow we had a Ullmark trade in place but he blocked it with the NTC. Wonder if New Jersey tried to get him before settling on Allen.

I

I saw that also. Also read that is was a location issue with him. I don't know if going to NJ from Boston would be a location problem.

10 minutes ago, MrBreeze said:

I saw that also. Also read that is was a location issue with him. I don't know if going to NJ from Boston would be a location problem.

Yeah, supposedly it was the LAK.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MrBreeze said:

Regarding Knight, I wonder if Fitz is a little "prospect shell shocked" and would prefer someone established?

I think Fitz is shell shocked with a lot of things. He seems to do his job that way.

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

I think Fitz is shell shocked with a lot of things. He seems to do his job that way.

What gave that away? When he was on the brink of tears with a trembling voice when they announced shero was fired and he was taking over? Or was it when he was on the brink of tears with a trembling voice when he announced he had to make the most horrible decision in firing the great Lindy Ruff? 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, jagknife said:

How the hell did Allen get a third to probably become a second is my question. Like what the freaking hell.

No kidding, Jake Allen is worth a second, like TT, because he played enough games?

11 hours ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

What gave that away? When he was on the brink of tears with a trembling voice when they announced shero was fired and he was taking over? Or was it when he was on the brink of tears with a trembling voice when he announced he had to make the most horrible decision in firing the great Lindy Ruff? 

Well, Fitz is a nice guy, and nice guys finish…..

Oh wait….that sucks.

• Like 1