Loughlin named Devils radio play-by-play announcer

MantaRay

Loughlin is an annoying, ignorant prick who has no clue how to call a hockey game. He doesn't have the voice for it, he's always behind the play, doesn't sound interested at time....I mean he still says "shot and a goal!" every game sounds like it's the first game he's ever called.

Is this the best we could do? seriously?

at least he's off TV

Well the Devils continue their recent tradition of radio personalities that would bore me to sleep, since Matt often did that when he was subbing for Doc :P

I wonder what happens with those intermission segments now though? Him and Stan going at it like cats and dogs was funny as hell :)

"Matty has been a wonderful suck up and we figure, what the hell, all that sucking up must mean something!"

I'm never sure where he stands as far as honest devotion to the Devils -- except he definitely feels at home, especially over the last few years. I don't think he's that talented -- but what he brings off-camera (what we dont see) may mean more to the organization at the end of the day - even if it's a reasonable paycheck.

What a joke. Loughlin isn't even a good studio host, never mind play-by-play man. And now he's gonna do fvcking RADIO- where you have to describe every minute little detail- when he can't even paint a halfway decent word picture on TV? Fuuuuuuuck me. Miller wants to get back into broadcasting, Wideman- who for my money may be the best radio hockey play-by-play guy in the business- is out there, and we hire Matt fvcking Loughlin? Gimme a fvcking break. That's a disgrace.

I for one will miss Matt on the Devils telecasts, he was a great host. He was a student of the game who made players comfortable in interviews and was a rational foil to the Maven.

I dislike this move because Matt made me enjoy Devil games on TV.

Are you serious? this guy sounds as if hes coming up with stuff on the spot all day long. His depth of the language is a bore, his voice is a bore, he never sounds prepared, and he simply doesnt have the experience for this!

We are fortunate to be on the biggest sports radio station in the country, are trying to build the fan base, and this is the guy they pick? Theyre telling us they couldnt get anyone more qualified to do this in the largest market in the country?

Are you kidding me? I can't listen to him when I can SEE the play when he subs for Doc. He just carries on a conversation like he's the color guy! I actually mute the TV. I can't imagine how horrible he'll be on radio!

Was there no one else? Maybe an intern looking for his/her big break?

I for one will miss Matt on the Devils telecasts, he was a great host. He was a student of the game who made players comfortable in interviews and was a rational foil to the Maven.

I dislike this move because Matt made me enjoy Devil games on TV.

Ditto

Wow. I like Matt but come on. This has to be a joke. Man. I can do better play by play than him. I should have applied.

I wish him luck.

FAIRLY weak? I know 2-year olds who are teething who could call a better game than Loughlin.

:giggle::lol::rofl: