Bryce Salvador to join Devils' broadcast (Replaces JMac)

Triumph

29 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

HUGELY happy about this.  

Bryce was always a very intelligent, well-spoken guy.  

JMac was not.

Johnny Mac was a pretty tough listen on-air...some guys are just not great speakers...he just never seemed comfortable or natural.  And god those "You knows" and blatant name mispronunciations (ON-reek, EEEE-lee-ash, etc)...

Have a feeling Bryce is going to do very well in this role...best of luck to him!

• Like 2

Just now, Brick Pig said:

What's the problem with Deb? (Not trying to be argumentative; legit question.)
I think she does a pretty good job.

I don't have a strong opinion about her work either way (she's just kind of there to me)...I guess what's kind of off about her is that she's always has a bit of a "kid sister" vibe, which is fine, but now she's getting a bit long in the tooth to pull that off.  It's been discussed, but all of the on-air peeps are getting picked apart to a higher degree partly due to the poor on-ice product. 

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I don't have a strong opinion about her work either way (she's just kind of there to me)...I guess what's kind of off about her is that she's always has a bit of a "kid sister" vibe, which is fine, but now she's getting a bit long in the tooth to pull that off.  It's been discussed, but all of the on-air peeps are getting picked apart to a higher degree partly due to the poor on-ice product. 

Ah, well, OK. I don't really see her that way, I guess. I think more in terms of how she compares to the other on-air hockey personalities in the area. Just one man's opinion, of course, but I think she fairs pretty well in that company. 

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

The fact that she talks out of the side of her mouth and her awful tans are enough for me to never want to see her again. 

I guess I don't care so much what she looks like.

7 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I am pretty neutral about Deb.  She has quirks (like side-mouth and tan that was previously mentioned), but they don't bother me all that much.  She doesn't add a whole lot but she doesn't say anything stupid so it is not like she is unbearable (at least for me).

Yeah I agree with this, I'm indifferent about her actually broadcasting but I think it's just time for a change for the sake of change. Cangi has grown on me but I think that's because I've just listened to him so much between the Devils and Red Bulls that I actually don't mind him as much as I use to, especially because there are so many terrible broadcasters out there and he actually does a pretty good job. I know some don't like Kenny but I like his passion and I like that he gets pissed off when the team is embarrassing. Most play by play guys are homers so he's fine to me. I'd be more than happy to replace him with Kevin Weekes if he wanted the job though. 

Just now, Brick Pig said:

Ah, well, OK. I don't really see her that way, I guess. I think more in terms of how she compares to the other on-air hockey personalities in the area. Just one man's opinion, of course, but I think she fairs pretty well in that company. 

I guess I don't care so much what she looks like.

Oh I agree, I don't really care about on-screen looks...it's not a beauty pageant, and even if she were ugly (she isn't), I wouldn't care...just be good at what you're there to do and it's all good.  It's hard to explain, but I guess it's more of an overall vibe thing as opposed to an appearance thing with her.  Something about who she currently is (with regards to her on-air presence) just doesn't feel quite right...I'm not sure why.  I'm definitely not an "agist", as I'm no kid myself (47)...I'm only four years younger than her.   

I'm 100% neutral as to her actual on-air work.  Like DM84 said, there's nothing about her that has me saying "OH GOD MAKE IT STOP!" or "Damn she's really amazing!"  She just kind of does what she does and doesn't really make much of an impact on me one way or the other.

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh I agree, I don't really care about on-screen looks...it's not a beauty pageant, and even if she were ugly (she isn't), I wouldn't care...just be good at what you're there to do and it's all good.  It's hard to explain, but I guess it's more of an overall vibe thing as opposed to an appearance thing with her.  Something about who she currently is (with regards to her on-air presence) just doesn't feel quite right...I'm not sure why.  I'm definitely not an "agist", as I'm no kid myself (47)...I'm only four years younger than her.   

I'm 100% neutral as to her actual on-air work.  Like DM84 said, there's nothing about her that has me saying "OH GOD MAKE IT STOP!" or "Damn she's really amazing!"  She just kind of does what she does and doesn't really make much of an impact on me one way or the other.

Just to be clear, my comment about her looks was in response to Satans Hockey's post, not yours. 

As you say, all I really care about is how she does her job, and I think she's fine at it. I'd agree she's nothing to home about, but she gets it done well enough.