GDT: W667 or L8? Boston Bruins @ New Jersey 666 7:30 EST

Devil Fan

The only player this organization spent money on is sitting in the club seats with a separated shoulder.

Those injuries are no joke and I wouldn't be surprised if he down grades even more than he already had been.

Instead of Kovalchuk we could have signed three players like Semin but no.

This team is screwed.

Huh?   How were we going to squeeze three Semins into $6.6-6.7M in cap space

I think he was saying instead of going after Kovy originally we should have gotten 3 players. But even that makes no sense salary wise..

Yeah, that's what I mean, they barely had the space to fit Kovy's salary block back in.    The only 3 players you're getting for that are two mediocre defenseman and a grinder

That's what I was looking for, thanks.

Put Kinkaid in, let Kovy sit until he's absolutely 100%, no sense risking further injury.  Call some kids up from the AHL, give Teddy another chance, why not. 

As far as I'm concerned this is a 9-game exhibition until some entertaining playoff games start.

That's what I was looking for, thanks.

Put Kinkaid in, let Kovy sit until he's absolutely 100%, no sense risking further injury.  Call some kids up from the AHL, give Teddy another chance, why not. 

As far as I'm concerned this is a 9-game exhibition until some entertaining playoff games start.

Stop it. Philly beats ottawa and then we beat ottawa, we are two points back of them and they are sinking faster than us

Lou's not stupid...He's going to evaluate the end of this season and do a little bit of re-tooling.  He understands what this team needs and always will.  No he doesn't do too many big signing, but think about when he traded for Kovy, this team needed to add scoring then too.  This team needs offense and I can see him looking at Bouchard, Roy, Raymond.  None of those are really big name guys and haven't been overly successful.  It's not a definite, but I can see it.  Lou doesn't believe in the word rebuild

Basically gotta go 8-0 to get in. Not likely to happen. I don't know if Lou will sign any talent that comes off a buyout. Some will certainly be bought out due to cap space, but others will be bought out because they didn't meet expectations. We're definitely not going to see guys like Pominville or Semin being bought out.

Stop it. Philly beats ottawa and then we beat ottawa, we are two points back of them and they are sinking faster than us

Don't we actually have to win a game before we can start assuming other wins?   Also, for the record, if Edmonton gets a point tonight we're 9th in the lottery, so I wouldn't say anyone is sinking faster than us, the East is just really bad and masking how bad some of these teams are.

So was Tampa Bay before we lost to them earlier in the season, when they came in off a seven-game losing streak or whatever it was.  

How anyone can still try and put a happy face on this is beyond me.  They've lost eight in a row.  I'm not worried about the playoffs, I don't even want to look at the standings anymore.  Just win a ****ing game and don't end the season losing sixteen in a row :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

Bottom line, our roster of AARP representatives needs to visit the fountain of youth pretty rapidly or our team will end up being as bad as the Panthers in the next few seasons (and, we'll have DeBoer to prove it)

Besides, this season really DOES NOT count for me, so who give's a sh!t if we lose...

Edited by Mitico12

If Lou failed to get a replacement for Parise what makes you think he'll get a star player in the offseason?

The only thing close to Parise was Semin, and even he was no guarantee, especially at $7 million.

But yeah, let's keep beating the hell out of the dead horse, the meat is not quite ready for the dog food plant yet.

The only thing close to Parise was Semin, and even he was no guarantee, especially at $7 million.

But yeah, let's keep beating the hell out of the dead horse, the meat is not quite ready for the dog food plant yet.

This. 

"You don't just replace a Zach Parise." - Lou. Assuming all he had to do is sign Semin and it would go seamlessly is ridiculous. 

This. 

"You don't just replace a Zach Parise." - Lou. Assuming all he had to do is sign Semin and it would go seamlessly is ridiculous. 

Seriously, I'm depressed as anyone that we're on the verge of not making it, but enough of the Parise BS. Holy god.

Are the Sabres sh!tting bricks over Pominville? Nope, and their best scorer is now Vanek.