Gelinas to Colorado for a 3rd

Derlique

There's a (very) small part of me that would've liked to have seen Gelinas get one last shot with the Devils next season...but I'm fine with this deal.  I'm guessing almost everyone not named Mike Brown is. 

Gelinas on TSN right now.  Will report if he says anything interesting.

Comments:

1. He was 50/50 on being traded, wasn't certain it was happening until we claimed that defenseman from Pittsburgh
  2. Frustrated being healthy scratched, never requested trade though.  Was intent on earning a spot.
  3. Looking forward to playing with star forwards, no dig at NJ though despite what the hosts were trying to imply.

Uneventful overall, pretty standard hockey interview.  No sour grapes or dirty laundry aired.

Edited by Devilsfan118

31 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Didn't Larry Robinson say he had a chance to be a Chris Pronger type?    

tbf coaches will always talk up their players; plus a .00001% chance is still a chance i guess.

Anyway I'm sure 2 years from now after hes been waived he'll have a 2 goal game and Mike Brown will pop in to tell us how big a mistake this was. Happy with the 3rd, good luck to him.

8 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Someone needs to hide the rope and sharp objects around Mike Brown, we just traded one of the best defenseman in the history of the franchise for a 3rd

And it's a fair return.  Just because he makes some defensive mistakes doesn't mean he sucks.  Nobody has any evidence he's a bad player.