The Devils Uniforms

Since1982-83

On 06/12/2017 at 1:47 PM, Crisis said:

Ducks teaser if anyone wants to try to dig into it

DCIROOhUMAA_0YA.jpg

The ducks need a rebrand as bad as anyone. The logo and color scheme are awful and outdated. They should bring back the MDOA era stuff. A little cartoony, but unique and nice looking.

On 06/12/2017 at 5:04 PM, Jimmy Leeds said:

Bleh to you.............!!

Dallas is sporting one of the nicest unis right now

I like the color Dallas uses, but their logo is terrible as well. I thought we were done with the minimalist sleek aesthetic finally, but first Dallas then Vegas beat that dead horse.

I don't know why people are saying or claiming that the Adidas logo will be on the front shoulder.  There is nothing to indicate it other than a few random people claiming it as click-bait.

If anything the uniforms will look very close to the WCOH jerseys where the Adidas logo was in the same place as where the Reebok logo has been which is between the shoulders on the back below the neck.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

I'd actually be fine with the Adidas logo on the front shoulder. I'm sick of every team finding an excuse to wear some stupid commemorative patch every other year.

As a jersey collector, I do like patches.  But yeah sometimes it gets out of hand.  Some teams like the Rangers and Capitals celebrate anniversaries every 5 years (Caps celebrated 40 years while Rangers celebrated 85th and 90th recently) and those are a bit much.  Teams like LA, Philly and St. Louis celebrated 50th anniversaries which make sense as well as those memorial patches as well.

It's because of these patches as why the NHL had little choice but to place the 100th anniversary patches on the arm below or above the number.  Starting in 2018 the 100th patch apparently is going to be replaced with the Stanley Cup 150th patch.  The design for that was leaked a few months back for that.

4 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I don't know why people are saying or claiming that the Adidas logo will be on the front shoulder.  There is nothing to indicate it other than a few random people claiming it as click-bait.

Because someone posted a picture (which was quickly debunked) showing it on the front shoulder. That's why I mentioned it, anyway. 

This is set to be either the biggest bait-&-switch in history.. or the moment where Chris Creamer (among others) loses absolutely every ounce of credibility he has, for saying: "the Devils to be one of 8 other teams, who will see major changes in their uniforms" 3 months ago. --because of the 3 pictures that've leaked thus-far these last 2 weeks.. it looks like the jersey's going to be exact same design it's always been. :P

56 minutes ago, gardenstatepkwy said:

The lettering looks cheap. Looks like instead of multiple layers stitched together they glued the white on top of the black which is sewn onto the nameplate.  Did they get this jersey at Modell's or Devils Den?

Maybe the black is sewn on top of the white. They save some sewing that way

Looks like our black yokes are still there !

http://content.sportslogos.net/news/2017/06/Adidas-Logo.jpg

http://content.sportslogos.net/news/2017/06/Devils-Change-590x303.jpg

although the white stripe from the neck collar is gone, so instead of red/white/black collar, it will be red only, or red/black

Edited by BlueSkirt

42 minutes ago, BlueSkirt said:

Looks like our black yokes are still there !

http://content.sportslogos.net/news/2017/06/Adidas-Logo.jpg

http://content.sportslogos.net/news/2017/06/Devils-Change-590x303.jpg

although the white stripe from the neck collar is gone, so instead of red/white/black collar, it will be red only, or red/black

Not a big fan of eliminating the white from the collar.  I know we're the Devils and all, but that almost makes it a little too satanic.  Feels like Kane from WWF/E

17 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Not a big fan of eliminating the white from the collar. I know we're the Devils and all, but that almost makes it a little too satanic.

I'm still holding out hope that the name offsets the numbers. Black on red would look sick.

5 minutes ago, SS#4-Life said:

u want black lettering insteadof white ?

No.. I want BOTH. I want the letters to offset the numbers. Let the name be white with the numbers black. (the same way the Bulls did) Our color scheme works awesome with that look.

do5jjbkpwxvn4alhze12.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beezer34 said:

This is set to be either the biggest bait-&-switch in history.. or the moment where Chris Creamer (among others) loses absolutely every ounce of credibility he has, for saying: "the Devils to be one of 8 other teams, who will see major changes in their uniforms" 3 months ago. --because of the 3 pictures that've leaked thus-far these last 2 weeks.. it looks like the jersey's going to be exact same design it's always been. :P

Lou Lamoriello called up Adidas and told them not to make a single change to the Devils uniforms, and they listened. Lol

• Like 3

4 hours ago, gardenstatepkwy said:

The lettering looks cheap. Looks like instead of multiple layers stitched together they glued the white on top of the black which is sewn onto the nameplate.  Did they get this jersey at Modell's or Devils Den?

i have a feeling that might be a photoshop job or not the final lettering. if you notice, the mesh for the nameplate is not the same as the mesh for the jersey (horizontal holes vs. vertical).

also - i have a feeling that adidas might not have had all the lettering themselves. Is it Adidas that actually supplies the numbers/letters too?

21 hours ago, Beezer34 said:

I have personally found Creamer to be more and more of a clickbait-y clown over the past year.  If he is wrong about this then he will be 0 for 2 this year on Devils predictions.  He wrote about that the Devils would wear Irish-themed warmup jerseys on the St. Patrick's Day game this year and the Devils didn't (and I don't buy the excuse that they decided not to wear them at the last minute).

Right now we know the following for sure from the pictures:

1) There is red white and black

2) Logo is unchanged.

3) Black is still on the shoulder yokes

4) No white trim on shoulder yoke

Therefore the only things left are the arm and bottom striping and the number fonts.  If any of those are changed or one of them eliminated then at best this is a minor change, then not the "major" changes that Creamer wrote about.  However, if that happens Creamer will use the excuse that since the Devils haven't changed their primaries one bit since 1992 (except for the very minor color shade change in 99), that this would constitute a "major change" for them.

15 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I won't believe that's the actual on-ice lettering until I see it actually on the ice. 

Same here.  For all we know they just slapped on replica lettering on an authentic on-ice jersey.  Teams have done that many times before in the past.

On 06/14/2017 at 2:53 PM, DevsMan84 said:

As a jersey collector, I do like patches.  But yeah sometimes it gets out of hand.  Some teams like the Rangers and Capitals celebrate anniversaries every 5 years (Caps celebrated 40 years while Rangers celebrated 85th and 90th recently) and those are a bit much.  Teams like LA, Philly and St. Louis celebrated 50th anniversaries which make sense as well as those memorial patches as well.

It's because of these patches as why the NHL had little choice but to place the 100th anniversary patches on the arm below or above the number.  Starting in 2018 the 100th patch apparently is going to be replaced with the Stanley Cup 150th patch.  The design for that was leaked a few months back for that.

Yea it makes sense to appreciate it from that perspective, but for me it's just like why do you think your organization is so special that the league and all its fans need to recognize the fact that you've been around 20 years all season long.  Anniversaries for everything, one patch for the year you're closing an arena and another the next year for opening one,  Don't teams that host the all star game usually wear a patch all season?  And the NHL throws something on everyone's jersey from time to time.  Interesting about the Stanley Cup patch, though.

No retro format in red and black. That's something I saw as a possibility. I can't wait for these jersey releases not only to see ours, but to see if Adidas is going to fvck this up the same way Reebok did with all of those horrible redesigns when edge came out. It amazes me that some teams completely stuck with their original edge redesigns for the entire decade. They're so outdated and horrible looking, but the Caps and Calgary and others still skate around with that stupid piping up the sides. We know those will heavily modified. Some teams will probably use this to totally rebrand I imagine.  Any good candidates for a completely new look?  Has any team not released a teaser of their crest?