Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

5 minutes ago, jagknife said:

"It's always nice to feel wanted" - dude, we loved you for almost your entire tenure here. Some mouth breathers booed the entire team and you made something out of nothing.

Man am I glad he's gone.

Before people start ripping into the guy, this is the classic line every player gives when they're traded and it usually is in reference to a team wanting to trade for them and being willing to give up assets for them and is not a shot at the player's former team.

Here's some context:

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 8

Return was about what I expected, so I can't say that I'm disappointed.  This is NOT a disaster scenario, as far as Hall being dealt goes...a true disaster scenario would've been Hall suffering a serious injury or him being here past the deadline.  Glad that neither one came to fruition.

Time really flew since that "one for one" announcement...hard to believe Taylor was here for over three seasons...felt much shorter. 

Nothing against him.  He turned in one of the finest seasons ever for a Devils forward.  He didn't constantly complain about his situation and said a lot of right things about needing to do more to help his team.  It just didn't work out in the end. 

Not going to dwell on his leaving...it's done and I'm glad it's over.  We'll see what comes next.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

What if Ray now signs Hall in the summer...............

could you imagine... if this whole thing was just Hall being insane... wanting to stay in NJ but wanted the team to get more assets... so sacrificed this season and would re-sign next summer lol

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

"It's always nice to feel wanted" - dude, we loved you for almost your entire tenure here. Some mouth breathers booed the entire team and you made something out of nothing.

Man am I glad he's gone.

Our fan base is not the most hockey-savvy in the bunch; it's been that way for a long time. Hall might be a little sensitive in terms of his comments, but the fact that people booed him when he didn't back up his MVP performance again and again is silly. He was not the issue most (read: just about every) night. This team will not improve by getting rid of talent like his over the long run.

The optimism of this offseason was met with horrific, league-low, goaltending. End of story. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Return was about what I expected, so I can't say that I'm disappointed.  This is NOT a disaster scenario, as far as Hall being dealt goes...a true disaster scenario would've been Hall suffering a serious injury or him being here past the deadline.  Glad that neither one came to fruition.

Time really flew since that "one for one" announcement...hard to believe Taylor was here for over three seasons...felt much shorter. 

Nothing against him.  He turned in one of the finest seasons ever for a Devils forward.  He didn't constantly complain about his situation and said a lot of right things about needing to do more to help his team.  It just didn't work out in the end. 

Not going to dwell on his leaving...it's done and I'm glad it's over.  We'll see what comes next.

Sorry my friend, it's only slightly less of a disaster that we got something for him, rather than him suffering an injury and getting nothing.  As I said before, if someone told you on June 29, 2016 that this was how it was going to end -- a first round pick probably in the 20-30, a borderline NHL prospect and two career AHLers -- you would have figured them for the biggest a-hole Ranger fan imaginable.  It's awful for the franchise that it got to this point.  There's no way you can argue otherwise.

• Like 1

Just now, Daniel said:

Sorry my friend, it's only slightly less of a disaster that we got something for him, rather than him suffering an injury and getting nothing.  As I said before, if someone told you on June 29, 2016 that this was how it was going to end -- a first round pick probably in the 20-30, a borderline NHL prospect and two career AHLers -- you would have figured them for the biggest a-hole Ranger fan imaginable.  It's awful for the franchise that it got to this point.  There's no way you can argue otherwise.

He's a rental on the last year of his deal. There seems to be no extension coming in the immediate future, based on today's reports. What did you want for him?

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

I didn't say it was an ideal ending to the Hall chapter.  But under these circumstances, it wasn't going to get much better than this. 

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I didn't say it was an ideal ending to the Hall chapter.  But under these circumstances, it wasn't going to get much better than this. 

It's a discussion for another thread, but someone is ultimately responsible for "under these circumstances," and Lou and Conte haven't had anything to do with the franchise for almost five years now. 

4 minutes ago, NLinfante said:

He's a rental on the last year of his deal. There seems to be no extension coming in the immediate future, based on today's reports. What did you want for him?

I wanted to this to be a good team at this point that would be in a position where it actually wanted to sign a 28 year old Hart trophy winner to a long term extension so that it could have sustained success.  Instead we were forced to sell him for stuff that is not very likely to be part of any sustained success down the road.  What matters most is how we got to this point.  And the buck stops here apparently doesn't apply in this organization anymore.

13 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Trading a guy who will not-resign with you is not a disaster. 

Letting guys like Nieds, Gomez, Holik, Rafaslski, gionta etc etc walk for nothing...  thats a disaster.

Then losing Kovalchuk. Getting a penalty THEN NOT giving up a first round pick when we could give up a 30th pick just so we can draft Matteau... and then get Quenneville at #31 instead of potentially Pastrnak, Larkin etc etc where we could have picked and few years later not even have matteau and Queneville on our roster. That's a disaster. 

And those things happened out of systematic stubbornness and "now" mentality. Not out of "a situation not-panning out" like Shero is dealing with now

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I wanted to this to be a good team at this point that would be in a position where it actually wanted to sign a 28 year old Hart trophy winner to a long term extension so that it could have sustained success.  Instead we were forced to sell him for stuff that is not very likely to be part of any sustained success down the road.  What matters most is how we got to this point.  And the buck stops here apparently doesn't apply in this organization anymore.

"I wanted this to be a good team..."

So did every  other NJ Devils fans in the world. Any other breath-taking insights?

It would be nice to not have a team that presses mute on coach, or a to have a goalie who can play above .900 but here we are. Hell, it would be nice to have a 6th overall pick who didn't turn out to be only PZ or a 12th overall pick who didn't turn into MM. Sometimes that's how this goes.

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Trading a guy who will not-resign with you is not a disaster. 

Letting guys like Nieds, Gomez, Holik, Rafaslski, gionta etc etc walk for nothing...  thats a disaster.

Then losing Kovalchuk. Getting a penalty THEN NOT giving up a first round pick when we could give up a 30th pick just so we can draft Matteau... and then get Quenneville at #31 instead of potentially Pastrnak, Larkin etc etc where we could have picked and few years later not even have matteau and Queneville on our roster. That's a disaster. 

And those things happened out of systematic stubbornness and "now" mentality. Not out of "a situation not-panning out" like Shero is dealing with now

Ray Shero just traded a 28 year old former MVP that we all wanted to sign to a longterm extension not too long for stuff that will not help this team get any better.   You are actually saying this is what you would prefer to the almost unprecedented sustained streak of success that we had in the Lou years because he didn't trade Nieds, Gomez, Holik, Rafalski and Gionta?

2 minutes ago, NLinfante said:

It would be nice to not have a team that presses mute on coach, or a to have a goalie who can play above .900 but here we are. Hell, it would be nice to have a 6th overall pick who didn't turn out to be only PZ or a 12th overall pick who didn't turn into MM. Sometimes that's how this goes.

I agree, and there's someone who's responsible for that.  Again, it's a more specific discussion for another thread.  But the undeniable point is that it sucks that it got to this point.

Edited by Daniel

Just now, Daniel said:

I agree, and there's someone who's responsible for that.  Again, it's a more specific discussion for another thread.  But again, the undeniable point is that it sucks that it got to this point.

Hard to argue with that. I thought it was nice to see Hughes' first goal in person, but I'm irritated that it's the only game I'll bother going to all year.

Its a fine return for what is expected to be a rental. Some of you are blowing a gasket over this? From some of the reports that were being put out this is actually better thatn what I expected. The real juicy bit is that conditional pick. A conditional 3rd that becomes a second if the Yotes win a round and a first if Hall resigns on top of that huh? I hope Hall loves Arizona and LETS GO YOTES!

FriendshipEndedWithDevils.png

Duchene was 3rd pick and Colorado is a strong playoff team after they trade him after 9 years. Colorado had Mackinnon(1st) and Landeskog(2nd) and they spend 5 years for what they have now. With lucky Rantanen pick. It`s NHL. We must shot our expectation down and look at thing realistically.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WaffleFries said:

Its a fine return for what is expected to be a rental. Some of you are blowing a gasket over this? From some of the reports that were being put out this is actually better thatn what I expected. The real juicy bit is that conditional pick. A conditional 3rd that becomes a second if the Yotes win a round and a first if Hall resigns on top of that huh? I hope Hall loves Arizona and LETS GO YOTES!

FriendshipEndedWithDevils.png

Why do people keep talking about the 1st being conditional? Isn’t that a second 1st that’s conditional? I thought we get at least one 1st from this no matter what...