Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

2 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Being that other "big name' guys (are now asking for shorter term contracts) Mathews/Marner/ 5 years max, (so they get 2 big paydays) This might become a trend. Hallsy w/ 2-3 yr. contract? (i'd be ok w/ that)

The Leafs guys are RFAs. Can't imagine a UFA the stature of Taylor Hall signing a shorter term deal.

49 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Being that other "big name' guys (are now asking for shorter term contracts) Mathews/Marner/ 5 years max, (so they get 2 big paydays) This might become a trend. Hallsy w/ 2-3 yr. contract? (i'd be ok w/ that)

A guy like Hall wants that longevity, especially with his injury history. 

Matthews and Marner are just trying to get to UFA status. Marner specifically seems like he is willing to sell the Leafs out in a heartbeat. 

6 minutes ago, Derlique said:

Hall's comparables are Panarin (7x11.64), Seguin (8x 9.85), and Tavares (7x11). If I had to guess, I'd bet he gets 8 x11.5

Money isn’t going to be the issue here. He’ll get it wherever he goes, and he’ll get 7 years anywhere else he goes other than here. 

It’s a pure decision of where he wants to stare at his girlfriend’s ass. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Money isn’t going to be the issue here. He’ll get it wherever he goes, and he’ll get 7 years anywhere else he goes other than here. 

I'd argue its HER decision, esp if it's a very serious relationship. If she doesnt like nj, and wants out of the state, then odds are against him staying imo

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Of course money won't be an issue. I'm just speculating what his contract will look like if he decides to re-sign.

1 hour ago, bobilly45 said:

I'd argue its HER decision, esp if it's a very serious relationship. If she doesnt like nj, and wants out of the state, then odds are against him staying imo

Yep. We’ve seen it countless times across the league. Even with the GOAT. 

Where is Hall’s gf from?

9 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Yeah she is painfully gorgeous. 

The real answer, I’m almost positive, is Toronto. But she lives in NJ with Taylor during the season. 

I could’ve sworn I heard she was from around here, but that could be fake news.... I thought she was a local chick.

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Yep. We’ve seen it countless times across the league. Even with the GOAT. 

Where is Hall’s gf from?

Gretzky was traded because his owner was broke.  It's not clear whether he would've been dealt if he hadn't been - she made an easy scapegoat though.

12 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Gretzky was traded because his owner was broke.  It's not clear whether he would've been dealt if he hadn't been - she made an easy scapegoat though.

Was it just coincidence that he ended up in LA though? Of all the teams in the league he went where his new wife could continue her acting career. 

6 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

A guy like Hall wants that longevity, especially with his injury history. 

Matthews and Marner are just trying to get to UFA status. Marner specifically seems like he is willing to sell the Leafs out in a heartbeat. 

The general feeling in Toronto, is that Marner doesn't want to play anywhere but Toronto - which has afforded Toronto some unspoken leverage. You're right to say that he wants to get to UFA, but not to leave Toronto. But who knows what will happen in the next 3-6 years, whatever his next contract is. 

Edited by Neb00rs

I go 8 years 10M for Hall, 8x10.5 max.  Given the other three comparables, he's a year older than Seguin, a year younger than Tavares, and a month apart from Panarin, so he's right in the middle of all of them, except he's got a considerable injury history as of late, so with that in mind, I think that has to impact his deal a bit. 

54 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I go 8 years 10M for Hall, 8x10.5 max.  Given the other three comparables, he's a year older than Seguin, a year younger than Tavares, and a month apart from Panarin, so he's right in the middle of all of them, except he's got a considerable injury history as of late, so with that in mind, I think that has to impact his deal a bit. 

He also has an MVP as of late. None of those other guys did when they got their deals. That will also impact what he gets. 

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He also has an MVP as of late. None of those other guys did when they got their deals. That will also impact what he gets. 

I was thinking that and almost mentioned it, but being that it was a year and a half ago, and the injury that kept him out more than half a season was more current and fresh in the mind, I feel like that will outweigh it a little bit. Right wrong or indifferent, but that's just the way it works.

• Like 1

i mean i don't want to downplay his MVP season... but MVP doesnt mean he was the best player in the league or anything so it shouldnt give him anything above other guys from other teams or wtv. Multiple players had better season than he did that year, Mackinon who was also up for the trophy had a better season but since Hall had a WAY worst team and no help he was the real definition of an MVP

28 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i mean i don't want to downplay his MVP season... but MVP doesnt mean he was the best player in the league or anything so it shouldnt give him anything above other guys from other teams or wtv. Multiple players had better season than he did that year, Mackinon who was also up for the trophy had a better season but since Hall had a WAY worst team and no help he was the real definition of an MVP

This post is literally all over the place lol

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

This post is literally all over the place lol

it was in response to you saying "He also has an MVP as of late. None of those other guys did when they got their deals. "

You can't really use that as a comparison to other guys around the league. He won it because he had a great season in a specific situation that other guys around the league werent... he won it cause the rest of the team was terrible and he really carried it. Seguin, Tavares, etc all had other players producing around them, it really shouldnt take anything away from them or giving anything extra to Hall in this case. It's all about the situation. 

18 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

it was in response to you saying "He also has an MVP as of late. None of those other guys did when they got their deals. "

You can't really use that as a comparison to other guys around the league. He won it because he had a great season in a specific situation that other guys around the league werent... he won it cause the rest of the team was terrible and he really carried it. Seguin, Tavares, etc all had other players producing around them, it really shouldnt take anything away from them or giving anything extra to Hall in this case. It's all about the situation. 

You can absolutely use it. A Hart Trophy is a Hart Trophy. It can only help his bargaining position. The fact that a few guys had a handful more points that year doesn’t take away from that. Would Hall get a huge 11 million dollar contract if he hadn’t won it? And his best season was still 80 points back in Edmonton? My point was it will help him get paid, despite the injuries. 

Edited by Nicomo

On 8/27/2019 at 8:29 AM, NJDfan1711 said:

A year older than Seguin (Jan 31 1992)?   He’s 2.5 months older (Nov 14 1991).  Panarin is “older” being October 30, 1991.

Let’s just say that trio is all the same age...  

He signs a massive deal wherever he wants and any injury history is flat out ignored... because you don’t NOT sign Taylor Hall at 10/11mm a season.

Edited by aylbert