Devils 2019-20 Lineup/Notes Thread

Neb00rs

11 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This is hyperbole...fans don't just want a bunch of guys who can't score but can play defense, and of course they'll accept a forward who may not be a two-way beast but can pop in 30+...but there's a limit to just how bad a guy can be when he's not scoring. 

I'm all for Gusev getting some time to try to figure out the NHL and I'm definitely not giving up on him, but he's looked very shaky in damned near every other aspect of the game in his short time here.  And neb00rs is right, if Gusev can't pick it up in his weaker areas, the Devils will start to feel it...and pay for it. 

yeah well just like the devils paid the price few years ago by having a terrible offense and losing like.... 75 games by ONE goal.

5 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah well just like the devils paid the price few years ago by having a terrible offense and losing like.... 75 games by ONE goal.

As much as I love the skills Gusev has and knew, coming into the season, that he wasn't so great defensively every time he's on the ice 5 on 5 the team gets pinned into it's own end. I think putting him with Nico and Zacha could work and I hope it does but there's no room on any team for a player that you only put on the ice for the PP.

57 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I mean honestly - if you're going to demote Bratt to 4th line duties and start health scratching him.. you might as well shop him.

I wonder if you could sell another GM on him enough to send back a top-4 LHD.

I wouldn’t trade any wingers until we know if we’re keeping Hall. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Mmm that's a great call.  Bratt would probably see himself move up to the 2nd or 1st line if Hall were to be shipped out.

Which is fvcking amazing, because how does a guy go from "not even good enough to crack the lineup", to "second or first line winger" when one guy leaves?  Hynes can really be a moron at times.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

That's quite a presumptuous statement there.....

It’s not my logic. It’s a gipotetical logic of hypothetical man who sees hypomaniac moves in Subban’s program. hypothetically.

Edited by Guadana

39 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

That's quite a presumptuous statement there.....

We're talking about someone who took pictures with a giant cheque with HIS name on it as if he's personally donating 10millions but in reality it his foundation pledging to raise that money over like 10 years.

I'm sorry but he's ALL about hyping himself doing those things

Edited by SterioDesign

21 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

We're talking about someone who took pictures with a giant cheque with HIS name on it as if he's personally donating 10millions but in reality it his foundation pledging to raise that money over like 10 years.

I'm sorry but he's ALL about hyping himself doing those things

No athletes do that stuff from the goodness of their hearts. It’s to look good and/or as a tax shelter. 

However hat Montreal children’s hospital thing with the giant check was a bad look in my opinion. 

On 10/24/2019 at 12:07 PM, MB3 said:

Bratt and Boqvist sitting. Simmonds on the second line. Hayden playing. Mueller over Carrick and Butcher. 

I don't even know if I hated Johnny Mac as much as this pen!s head. 

The only thing now is for sure Fitzgerald has a say in the lineup and he must be buying into there's something there that Bratt is missing for now. It's early, send the message, I'm ok with it.

So what if the message is there's some dead weight playing in front of you.💩

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

At this point, that Simmonds signing is looking atrocious.

He's not producing and he's keeping young talent out of the lineup.

There are quite a few high profile players that have yet to score a goal this year. He'll start getting them soon enough. I'm happy with bringing him in. Not to worry

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

At this point, that Simmonds signing is looking atrocious.

He's not producing and he's keeping young talent out of the lineup.

I'm not sure I'd trust or want anyone else working in front of the net, especially those guys that have had to sit recently. Simmonds is doing what Simmonds does, it's just not coming together right now and it's pretty much like that for the entire team. Literally almost NOTHING is going well right now and every positive is outweighed by some totally sh!t negative somewhere else. 

On 10/22/2019 at 11:31 AM, Daniel said:

Stevens also arguably was the death knell to Larsson ever becoming more of a two way defenseman, although it's not necessarily his fault in that Larsson may not have really ever had it in him unless he was being coached by Larry Robinson.

I'm as livid as anyone that the coaches are still here, although maybe Fitzgerald is gradually going to be the one who's really in charge.  Stevens though is not the answer and even if you think that he's shown he can be a good coach in general, it seems pretty clear that he doesn't have his heart in it anymore. 

One still wonders who really decided Fitz needed to be behind the bench and why.  You make a really good point.  He really is Shero's man.  Is this a harbinger of things to come?  Is the noose around Hynes' neck starting to tighten?  We may see after we come back after the western Canada swing; some really good teams out there.